2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Hmmm is Taylor,  Zeek's wrestling coach?  C'mon man.  You know how we need Zeek for signing day.  Practice the next day.  🙂

I think they are both coaches. 

Or someone forgot to sign out of their throw away moniker. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AU-24 said:

! I don’t think Deion could’ve done that

he definitely could have, especially considering he flipped Jatta’s silent commitment to us to sign with Colorado.

16 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Big ups to Zac

If he would’ve been able to pull Marshall from UCF and Mitchell from Bama, I would’ve said he would’ve been the SEC recruiter of the year and in line to be national recruiter of the year regardless of actual rankings given the circumstances he had to deal with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

he definitely could have, especially considering he flipped Jatta’s silent commitment to us to sign with Colorado.

Agree. I think he would have been great here. 
that said, Freeze has really worked hard and is slowly bringing us off of probation. He is doing great. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

5. They have very intentionally been looking heavy for DBs. Not sure what they know that we don't but they definitely don't feel comfortable with what we have.

Maybe they watched film from this past season:cheers:

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he would’ve been able to pull Marshall from UCF and Mitchell from Bama, I would’ve said he would’ve been the SEC recruiter of the year and in line to be national recruiter of the year regardless of actual rankings given the circumstances he had to deal with.

If he would’ve pulled Mitchell he definitely would’ve deserved SEC recruiter of the year but him pulling the Ohio state DB still puts him in the running for that award 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ertrader said:

LB...Anyone have insight on what the plan is here?

@ertrader We got some edges which are OLbs for us. As for ILBs, portal. Also it's very possible Terrance Love is a LB instead of a Safety.

17 hours ago, ertrader said:

Any Feb signees or portal guys we are looking at?

I'm sure there are portal guys or guys who will be in the portal after their bowl games but names for AU interest have not reached the public yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Hmmm is Taylor,  Zeek's wrestling coach?  C'mon man.  You know how we need Zeek for signing day.  Practice the next day.  🙂

😂 has to go win a tourny in Ashville 

14 hours ago, woodford said:

Could make even more noise with some of these guys. How many could we get from this group in terms of scholarships?

@woodford We have room for all of them right now,

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roe4christ said:

1. Do you think Dillion Johnson comes if Cobb announces later?

@roe4christ 1 doesn't affect the other & there is no announcing for Cobb. He's locked in with AU. He's just waiting til February to sign with his classmates.

2. Do you think the WR's listed have not signed with other teams because they want to come to AU but want to see what our QB answer is from the portal?

I think they want to see all their options with all their schools of interest.

3. Of the 4 OL listed, how many do you think we get?

All but Rouse appear to be trending AU.

Heard Rouse is least likely due to AU academics??

Means we probably done have his major & thus some of his credits won't transfer.

4. We really need those listed on Defense.  Do you feel optimistic here?

AU may be trending with Wilson, Ford, & Scott.

5.  Do we really need more in the secondary?  We are pretty stacked there now, correct?  I would prefer we hit the LB room harder than getting more DB's and Safety's.  Thoughts?

We will be running a 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 D, On the 3-3-5, 1 or 2 from the 2nd 3 will be Edges & not true LBs. So given we will be using at least 3 more secondary players than LBs on most plays, yes we need to keep the CB & S shelves stocked.

• Thanks 3

Any word on the linebacker twins (Andrew & Michael Harris)? Once committed to UCF until T Williams left (DC for Arkansas?), but have not heard if they followed T Will or not. Not even sure of AU interest level, if any.  WDE

18 minutes ago, AU North said:

Any word on the linebacker twins (Andrew & Michael Harris)? Once committed to UCF until T Williams left (DC for Arkansas?), but have not heard if they followed T Will or not. Not even sure of AU interest level, if any.  WDE

@AU NorthHaven't seen anything AU with them.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Another insider claims that Ben Scott may announce for us today. We will soon have our starting LG (Wright), C (Scott), and RT (Miller) nailed down

If Lew is as good as many people think he is & cracks our top 5 he could start at C & Scott end up at RG.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

If he would’ve pulled Mitchell he definitely would’ve deserved SEC recruiter of the year but him pulling the Ohio state DB still puts him in the running for that award 

I would agree had he taken Marshal from Gus but he didn't.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I would agree had he taken Marshal from Gus but he didn't.

Just curious, with 5 very solid DB signees and apparently still in on Tyler Scott and CJ Johnson, any chance Marshall wasn’t a take? 

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Just curious, with 5 very solid DB signees and apparently still in on Tyler Scott and CJ Johnson, any chance Marshall wasn’t a take? 

Sure but FWIW JLee said on their on3 show yesterday he was a take & AU got beat. Said he wanted a better path to PT. Also it's likely 4 DB signees with Love likely being a LB.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

If Lew is as good as many people think he is & cracks our top 5 he could start at C & Scott end up at RG.

Nice to see you posting so much again E. My question, can Lew be our next Dismukes?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

I see you haven’t changed and you still don’t know what you’re talking about.

Prime was after several players that were already committed to Auburn, and several players that we went after. Sanders went after, and he got all of one of those athletes and he’s ranked number 50 something in recruiting at Colorado.

Do you realize Freeze and staff flipped four, four stars besides everything else. He flipped a four-star previously committed to Miami, Florida state, Ohio State and Tenn. That’s four very solid college football programs.

After all that Freeze refused to take full credit for it, and gave the credit to his assistant coaches. What a guy!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

Nice to see you posting so much again E. My question, can Lew be our next Dismukes?

That’s the hope.

• Like 1