Michigan vs TCU playoff

AUBwins

Not a Michigan fan by any means,,, but they got jobbed today by that refereeing crew. That has to be one of the worst called games from beginning to end. It started with an overturn of an obvious TD and ended with the TV ref saying “yup, that is a clear and obvious targeting call there” to the review booth not calling it. It included a second questionable TD overturn and a placement of the ball exactly 5 yards off (they screwed up their placement off the wrong solid white line). All calls against Michigan. Must be an SEC crew. They all need to be fired. You can’t keep running morons out there to ref a game like that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I know you AU fans hate my bama ass but its all  good because I have always hated Michigan. The maze and blue sucks!!!!!!!

I'm with you.

Don't mind seeing another Blue Blood get screwed a little bit.

2 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I know you AU fans hate my bama ass but its all  good because I have always hated Michigan. The maze and blue sucks!!!!!!!

Why you hate on Michigan?

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

Not a Michigan fan by any means,,, but they got jobbed today by that refereeing crew. That has to be one of the worst called games from beginning to end. It started with an overturn of an obvious TD and ended with the TV ref saying “yup, that is a clear and obvious targeting call there” to the review booth not calling it. It included a second questionable TD overturn and a placement of the ball exactly 5 yards off (they screwed up their placement off the wrong solid white line). All calls against Michigan. Must be an SEC crew. They all need to be fired. You can’t keep running morons out there to ref a game like that. 

Agree with the no targeting call but Michigan did get away with that one catch when they got the ball off quickly.

3 minutes ago, dmbseeker00 said:

Replay booth had it in for Michigan tonight. Everytime a play goes up to an SEC replay booth, it's a coin toss, that somehow gets it it wrong about 66% of the time. Even obvious calls, can get botched by am SEC replay crew.

Michigan had plenty of opportunities. Two picks 6s by the qb and failed to punch it in while sitting on the goal line several times 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Michigan had plenty of opportunities. Two picks 6s by the qb and failed to punch it in while sitting on the goal line several times 

I agree, I was only commenting about sec replay booth calls as it pertains to this game and their history.

Just now, dmbseeker00 said:

I agree, I was only commenting about sec replay booth calls as it pertains to this game and their history.

My bad. My apologies and yes they are horrible 

Michigan got several breaks today. They didn't review the ball hitting the ground that gave Michigan a fist down on their last TD drive.

Michigan also got away with several PI's today, especially on the interception that set up the 'controversial' call where they ruled Michigan short at the 1 yard line. The Michigan defender hooked the TCU WR in order to bat the ball up for the interception.

So sick of hearing people crying about 1 questionable call when Michigan got several others calls to go their way and TCU's DB's got called for PI or holding most of the game while Michigan didn't.

• Like 1

TCU better pray OSU wins . Even with two gifted picks 6s had to hold on for dear life. I don’t care forGeorgia  but because of what Dykes said about the SEC Georgia gonna be laser focused.

4 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Michigan got several breaks today. They didn't review the ball hitting the ground that gave Michigan a fist down on their last TD drive.

Michigan also got away with several PI's today, especially on the interception that set up the 'controversial' call where they ruled Michigan short at the 1 yard line. The Michigan defender hooked the TCU WR in order to bat the ball up for the interception.

So sick of hearing people crying about 1 questionable call when Michigan got several others calls to go their way and TCU's DB's got called for PI or holding most of the game while Michigan didn't.

We didn’t watch the same game!  But I do think TCU has the best opportunity to beat UGA so I am glad they won tonight. 

4 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

We didn’t watch the same game!  But I do think TCU has the best opportunity to beat UGA so I am glad they won tonight. 

Georgia vs TCU will be similar to Bama vs Kstate or worse. They don’t have the dudes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Georgia vs TCU will be similar to Bama vs Kstate or worse. They don’t have the dudes

Don’t disagree, but do you think Michigan would fair better?  No way, they fold playing teams outside of the Big10 or in the post-season. I am hoping OSU can do something, but I doubt that too. 

I live in Georgia by the way, so that explains my position, haha!  

• Like 1

I did not see any favoritism towards TCU in the officiating. The officials called a bunch of pass interference penalties agaist TCU, but I saw some on Michigan that didn't get called.

Overall, a fun game to watch. Michigan was definitely overrated because they played a traditional smash mouth running style that media loved. But I'm not convinced the Big10 is all that good. We'll see when Tosu meets UGA.

• Like 1

It also wasn't targeting at the end. Just like the Arkansas-Kansas Liberty Bowl play, the TCU defender hit the Michigan player with the side of his helmet not the crown.

12 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Don’t disagree, but do you think Michigan would fair better?  No way, they fold playing teams outside of the Big10 or in the post-season. I am hoping OSU can do something, but I doubt that too. 

I live in Georgia by the way, so that explains my position, haha!  

Ok, I get were u going. U have a point. Georgia beat Michigan rather easily last year and played pretty vanilla IMO. I know it’s a different but probably would be more of the same. Let me not get ahead of myself. They have to get past OSU first 

Glad they didn't bail out Michigan on the choke final play with targeting lol

I will say this the different levels at the QB position is making a difference tonight. Stroud has his fingerprints all over this game.

10 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

This was a ridiculous roughing the passer penalty on TCU

NFL discernment passing down to collegiate level?  Horrid