Auburn vs. UGA

Grumps

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Well we seem to have a few detriments on defense so I'd rather have his shooting.

No sh*t. Enough with the defense. Im actually suspicious. Something completely broken on offense and it looks like a trend. Idk. Heart-post there. No actual knowlege. Im a newb at basketball

AA (im not calling it Neville) is a MASSIVE advantage almost no one else has. But I don't see how Arkansas or Alabama just dont bend us over their knee at home this year. And as far as the road games against the elite teams...lol 

• Like 1

Just now, jluvah said:

All on Pearl. Should have used the portal for shooters and told some starters to look for another place to play.

Was just about to post the same thing. After watching last year . I don't know where Pearl thought the offense this yr would come from. He failed miserably to address these same weaknesses from last yr. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

6 for 27 is that what I heard on threes? Sounds like we need a late night practice 

Pearl let's them keep flogging it up though " cause they play hard on defense"

• Thanks 1

Not going to win a lot of games when you rely heavily on shooting when you’re not a great shooting team

This is infuriating. I hate this kind of basketball and I’m an analytical guy. 

Edited by woodford

AU playing back to let them run out the clock. Robert with 2 more for 26 points. White owns Pearl. Final 64-76. That really hurt. It will be interesting to see just how good Roberts and Oquendo end up being. We have some soul-searching to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Can somebody say whether or not Lior is a detriment on defense? I honestly don't know. What I do know is that we need shooters & he is one. Has Jaylin scored at all? I've looked away a few times, but when I've been watching he's shooting 0%. We likely have zero chance to win if he's 0fer. While we're talking about zeroes, it's discouraging that we're showing zero improvement thus far this season. We looked better than this in Israel.

He definitely was at the beginning of his career...he moves in concrete laterally, but I think he's a smart defender. Tries to get himself into position but sometimes just gets beat to the spot.

I don't know if he's so bad that we can afford to not play a guy who's an actual sniper and has to be accounted for by the defense though. If you just imagine him in those off ball open three opportunities that Zep hits 1/4 times, he becomes a lot more interesting 

Outcoached and outplayed tonight. We were already overrated but at least we won’t have that pesky ranking in front of our name next week. :( 

These are hard to watch because we look lost offensively, no identity.  We'll be lucky to get to .500 in SEC play.  They just have to shutdown Broome and we will struggle the whole game.

We'd basically need to be a 55 opponent ppg or less type of defense to rectify being this offensively incompetent 80% of the time. those defenses exist, we're just not one of them.

We give up so many stupid turnovers, I'm not sure if being all the way at 39th in OPPG is because we're not as elite as thought or just because the other team gets like 10 easy buckets a game  

A question for you all. Is the play-by-play helpful to anyone? I normally like to follow it, but I don't particularly like to do it. When I can't watch a game I love to read the play by play. The guys who usually do it have not been around. I'm just curious even anyone else likes to see it. I'm not looking for compliments and won't get my feeling hurt--I was just wondering.

• Like 5

Seems to me that Bruce expected much more out of Westry & Traore than we've gotten. Without what we thought they could contribute, & then poor contributions tonight from Jaylin, Wen, & KD, we look like we looked tonight. Bruce has had good success with freshmen before (Chuma, Okora, Shariff, Jabari, etc.) so I don't think it's him. Those guys just haven't responded for some reason. And we're a weak team as a result.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Was just about to post the same thing. After watching last year . I don't know where Pearl thought the offense this yr would come from. He failed miserably to address these same weaknesses from last yr. 

Same weaknesses from last year w/out addressing them- 2 first rd picks= trouble 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grumps said:

What happened to our D??? Roberts and Oquendo beat Broome. That is the game in a nutshell.

From what I saw Broome  had no help. Williams just had a terrible game all the way around

Edited by jluvah
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

A question for you all. Is the play-by-play helpful to anyone? I normally like to follow it, but I don't particularly like to do it. When I can't watch a game I love to read the play by play. The guys who usually do it have not been around. I'm just curious even anyone else likes to see it. I'm not looking for compliments and won't get my feeling hurt--I was just wondering.

Take the torch. Youre doing great

I could be wrong, but putting together tidbits I hear about BP letting them play how they want on offense in exchange for them playing hard on defense, and combining that with what I see on the court, it seems to me like BP is essentially coaching one side of the ball. Two years of no guard discipline, no improvement on shot selection, poor decisions, high turnover offense is horrendous.

At some point its not just the players' fault. Not saying BP should be on the hot seat or anything, but start reigning these players in and save them from themselves, damn it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Seems to me that Bruce expected much more out of Westry & Traore than we've gotten. Without what we thought they could contribute, & then poor contributions tonight from Jaylin, Wen, & KD, we look like we looked tonight. Bruce has had good success with freshmen before (Chuma, Okora, Shariff, Jabari, etc.) so I don't think it's him. Those guys just haven't responded for some reason. And we're a weak team as a result.

Ive asked this before (humbly). Is this a long-term plan or did we misfire in the one-and-done game?

Just now, KansasTiger said:

I could be wrong, but putting together tidbits I hear about BP letting them play how they want on offense in exchange for them playing hard on defense, and combining that with what I see on the court, it seems to me like BP is essentially coaching one side of the ball. Two years of no guard discipline, no improvement on shot selection, poor decisions, high turnover offense is horrendous.

At some point its not just the players' fault. Not saying BP should be on the hot seat or anything, but start reigning these players in and save them from themselves, damn it.

No hot seats for guys with lifetime deals my friend. Ask Cal.