Auburn vs. UGA

Grumps

6 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Seriously disappointed in the roster management this year. At least 3 of last years players should have been encouraged to transfer. 

Yeah, KD and Wendell.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

A question for you all. Is the play-by-play helpful to anyone? I normally like to follow it, but I don't particularly like to do it. When I can't watch a game I love to read the play by play. The guys who usually do it have not been around. I'm just curious even anyone else likes to see it. I'm not looking for compliments and won't get my feeling hurt--I was just wondering.

I wouldn't recommend hurting your own enjoyment of the game to do it. All of our SEC games will be on youtube at some point, I'm sure. Folks should be able to watch the replay if they really want to do so! Just my two cents 

• Like 2

My question about our offense is What can CBP do right now to help this? What style of offense can we run to be able to score with the players we have? It seems that it is REALLY hard to have a good offense without a dynamic PG!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Yeah, KD and Wendell.

Wendell is fine IMO, the guy just shouldn't be your entire offensive cog. That guy would be a fantastic 6th man backing up a Jared Harper or Sharife Cooper, to put it in Auburn terms. 

KD...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

No hot seats for guys with lifetime deals my friend. Ask Cal. 

I literally said he shouldn't be on any hot seat. He's earned that right by my standard. But that doesn't mean he isn't making mistakes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

My question about our offense is What can CBP do right now to help this? What style of offense can we run to be able to score with the players we have? It seems that it is REALLY hard to have a good offense without a dynamic PG!

I oversimplify it saying just get the ball inside, bc if we can't shoot, teams are gonna do what UGA did and just pack the paint. And we haven't ran much pick and roll, but I have a feeling that's partly due to expecting it to get cut away (ala last season) with the awful shooting and spacing. 

Ideally, you'd mimic what we did against some of those overmatched teams in December, like Bradley and TSU, where you just can outathlete around the rim and pass it out to wide open guys. Unfortunately, we're not playing teams that need to dedicate 4 players to stop our bigs and are too athletic to hope they don't close out to shooters.

Only thing I can think of would be like what I told my gma, take less threes, run more designed plays in the half court, and try to create more transition. The problem with that theory is that it asks for an even higher level of execution in the half court than we've shown, but there's not many other cards left for us to play 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I literally said he shouldn't be on any hot seat. He's earned that right by my standard. But that doesn't mean he isn't making mistakes.

Oh I wasn’t meaning to disagree with you on anything. Just pointing out the consequence of Auburn (and Kentucky) giving out these deals. 

I also believe (as do you I think) that the program is still in as good of a place as it’s ever been. 

Would be nice to put together a big 2024 recruiting class to keep the momentum going, though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wendell is fine IMO, the guy just shouldn't be your entire offensive cog. That guy would be a fantastic 6th man backing up a Jared Harper or Sharife Cooper, to put it in Auburn terms. 

KD...

I got KD right there with Wendell. It's a team full of Rodmans. Need a Jordan. Just wondering if someone on this roster was supposed to be that....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grumps said:

For me it’s the erratic plays more than anything. For example after the steal KD took idk WTH kind of shot was that. Got the rebound and did it again Then u have Green just coming down jacking up shots. The offense wasn’t even set. If they cut down on those alone games would be different 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I got KD right there with Wendell. It's a team full of Rodmans. Need a Jordan. Just wondering if someone on this roster was supposed to be that....

I agree wit hthe latter sentiment, I don't think there's a version of KD that can be a real contributor without being ball dominant. He's not a horrible shooter but he's not great...definitely not a great passer. He's gotta be a scorer for him to really be KD. 

But yeah, this could definitely be an elite team if it was (insert star) and everyone else. Westry and Traore haven't lived up to expectations, but they weren't good enough as HS recruits to expect them to be good enough to fulfill that Jordan role day 1 anyway. 

• Like 1

When your back court can’t shoot, is chronically slow (I’m still recovering from how much quicker Miami’s guards were than ours), turn over prone, and is small - unless the shooting angel comes quickly - next 2 months could be brutal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

When your back court can’t shoot, is chronically slow (I’m still recovering from how much quicker Miami’s guards were than ours), turn over prone, and is small - unless the shooting angel comes quickly - next 2 months could be brutal.

Definitely not looking forward to the Arky or Bama game. Both teams are tall with shooters

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

KD...

Agree. Should have brought in a PG to push Wendell. Tre wasn’t going to be it 

How can LSU lose their coach and nearly all their players off last year’s team and look better than the defending regular season champs. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around that.

• Sad 1

I'm sure CBP is as frustrated with this team as we are as fans. I'm sure he did the best he could to help offset the losses of Jabari and Kessler. I'm sure he is just as disappointed as all of us regarding Westry and Flanigan.

And ya know, I am absolutely certain that, if he could cure the systemic disability of this team -- he's trying his best to do that.

Unfortunately, there is no easy cure and I suspect this team will be one of CBP's mediocre ones.

But I'm also sure he is working his butt off to pull in players who will revitalize this team for next season. I'm watching the recruiting thread and trying to be optimistic.

As for this year -- if you lose to Georgia ....... that's not a good omen of things to come.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AURex said:

I'm sure CBP is as frustrated with this team as we are as fans. I'm sure he did the best he could to help offset the losses of Jabari and Kessler. I'm sure he is just as disappointed as all of us regarding Westry and Flanigan.

And ya know, I am absolutely certain that, if he could cure the systemic disability of this team -- he's trying his best to do that.

Unfortunately, there is no easy cure and I suspect this team will be one of CBP's mediocre ones.

But I'm also sure he is working his butt off to pull in players who will revitalize this team for next season. I'm watching the recruiting thread and trying to be optimistic.

As for this year -- if you lose to Georgia ....... that's not a good omen of things to come.

You alot more sure than I am

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I agree wit hthe latter sentiment, I don't think there's a version of KD that can be a real contributor without being ball dominant. He's not a horrible shooter but he's not great...definitely not a great passer. He's gotta be a scorer for him to really be KD. 

But yeah, this could definitely be an elite team if it was (insert star) and everyone else. Westry and Traore haven't lived up to expectations, but they weren't good enough as HS recruits to expect them to be good enough to fulfill that Jordan role day 1 

Trarore was 2nd highest recruit to ever sign AT AU. Right behind Jabari.   His production is no where close to Jabaris

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Trarore was 2nd highest recruit to ever sign AT AU. Right behind Jabari.   His production is no where close to Jabaris

Wow! Kid looks so timid out there. A liability right now

45 minutes ago, AURex said:

They way he continues to let them run around with no recourse could have fooled me. There are no consequences for erratic and sloppy play. If it was u wouldn’t continue to see it every game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah but I didn’t look at ratings, I looked at some of the guys clips and heard how HS analysts described him. Jabari himself wasn’t supposed to be what Jabari was, but he was leagues more developed than what Traore was. Which makes sense as…..Traore started playing ball like 4 years ago 

A freshman player that should come in and be the alpha for a team would be Zion, Anthony Davis, Jalen Green, essentially someone close to being a generational prospect 

Traore showed flashes of a lot of things in high school - pushing the ball in transition, self creation, a face up game, a workable jumpshot - unfortunately, it’s really hard to do something you’re not really great at when defenses are in front of you (and you play in Auburn’s offense that doesn’t set up anything). 

Jabari had a shot that was mechanically almost NBA ready in high school. Sharife Cooper had pretty close to NBA level vision in high school. Usually a day 1 star has some trait that’s better than what 99% of players have…and Yohan didn’t have that coming out of HS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I would add, passing is too sloppy leading to TOs.  This is for the entire team, not just the guards.

Also, "...next 2 months will be brutal"

2 hours ago, e808 said:

They way he continues to let them run around with no recourse could have fooled me. There are no consequences for erratic and sloppy play. If it was u wouldn’t continue to see it every game.

Not apparent there’s much coaching going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Maverick.AU bruhhhh you got to start and create these threads again… all the other jabroni’s are bad luck!!! Save us please!!! 🙏😂😂

196AA215-0458-4380-9603-8F6F30CAF1ED.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 3