Calzada and Finley

gr82b4au

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What happens if nobody picks them up? Are they stuck at AU? 
Wondering how that works for anyone that knows. 

Auburn has the option of taking them back or telling them bye-bye. I don't think we'll "have room for them".

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This help: https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/ncaa-transfer-rules

Timing and the NCAA Transfer Portal

The best time to start the transfer process is when you realize you’d like to transfer. However, you should begin the process only when you’re 100% sure.  

After you initiate the transfer process, your current scholarship should remain intact. Your scholarship for the following academic term, however, is not guaranteed. If you end up rescinding the transfer and decide to stay at your current school, your scholarship could be in jeopardy. Once your current school knows you intend to transfer, they can rescind any scholarship offers for the next semester, quarter, or trimester. They may even give it to another student-athlete. This won’t matter if you transfer. 

If you’re sure you’re transferring, you’ll need to access the NCAA Transfer Portal. The NCAA Transfer Portal was first launched in the fall of 2018 and quickly became the one-stop spot for students and coaches. You’ll need to provide written notice to your college’s designated admin to access it. Without written notice, NCAA coaches aren’t allowed to contact you.  

Your college’s admin will sit with you to take personal information, like your phone number. If you want to be proactive in your school search and reach out to coaches yourself, you can request that coaches don’t contact you. This is perfect if you already have a program in mind. Of course, you can also allow coaches to contact you if don’t have your heart set on a specific program. This options is great for student-athletes who don’t have a program in mind and want to see what’s out there. The transfer portal has been an excellent resource for coaches who need players.  

As of August 2022, a D1 athlete can enter the NCAA Transfer Portal only during...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Last two years, slightly over 40% of the kids that enter the portal do not get picked up.

With that note: the last three seasons 40% of little Nicky’s recruiting national championship recruits… have entered the portal.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Do we even know TJ is transferring? His not listed anywhere as being in the portal. 

My understanding is he’s already used his transfer. If he graduates this spring he can go as a grad transfer without sitting out. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Do we even know TJ is transferring? His not listed anywhere as being in the portal. 

He apparently would like to play with his little brother.

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

On On3 they have a Roster tracker and stat "He's looking to transfer after graduating in the Spring".  I'd assume they wouldn't write that if they didn't have some info from him regarding it

I wouldn’t expect either to be on the roster come August.  I had high hopes for Calzada when he got here but I’ve also heard rumors about both that make me think Auburn is better off moving forward.

14 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Why would Auburn be stuck with them? Their scholarships simply wouldn't be extended for next season. Neither guy has a spot here lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Why would Auburn be stuck with them? Their scholarships simply wouldn't be extended for next season. Neither guy has a spot here lol.

Well, I was asking for a reason. Obviously, I did not know if Auburn would have to maintain a scholarship for them because they transferred into Auburn. I don’t know the rules about transfers.

but now I know. Thanks.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well, I was asking for a reason. Obviously, I did not know if Auburn would have to maintain a scholarship for them because they transferred into Auburn. I don’t know the rules about transfers.

but now I know. Thanks.

All scholarships are one year deals. If the new coach decides that he doesn't want these guys, then it's tough sledding for them unfortunately. Calzada already tried to stay here and then ended up in the portal anyway. Same thing happened to Capers who entered the portal, announced he was exiting the portal once Freeze was hired, and then ended up back in the portal anyway. What happened there is that these guys were approached by the new staff and basically encouraged to leave.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, metafour said:

All scholarships are one year deals. If the new coach decides that he doesn't want these guys, then it's tough sledding for them unfortunately. Calzada already tried to stay here and then ended up in the portal anyway. Same thing happened to Capers who entered the portal, announced he was exiting the portal once Freeze was hired, and then ended up back in the portal anyway. What happened there is that these guys were approached by the new staff and basically encouraged to leave.

What was the deal with Capers?  Showed he might be anble to contribute early in his career, then nothing.  Doghouse?

Just now, AUDevil said:

What was the deal with Capers?  Showed he might be anble to contribute early in his career, then nothing.  Doghouse?

He's just not an SEC caliber WR. I think he struggled with learning his assignments and what he was supposed to do, but he's not physically talented enough to make up for that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Last two years, slightly over 40% of the kids that enter the portal do not get picked up.

With that note: the last three seasons 40% of little Nicky’s recruiting national championship recruits… have entered the portal.

Just a different type of “processing”. 

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

Just a different type of “processing”. 

Four out of 10 though?

Saban has lost control over when they can leave, where they can go and how much money they can make entering the portal to get paid by another team. Remember the days of Saban would release them only if they went to certain teams, outside the SEC. Plus they had to wait a year etc. those days are over!

Plus some of them, he is definitely processing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AU_Twisterman said:

Just noticed from Nathan King of 247 that Finley will be with team for at least through the Spring.  I'm sure there is a possibility he will be gone after he graduates so may not mean a whole lot for next season.

Finley Back With Team

Interesting. I wonder how much he is involved in spring practice? I mean we’ve all seen that Robbie can struggle passing the ball, sometimes badly. HG is still new. Those are the only two quarterbacks that we have other than Finley. Finley will probably play a lot this spring. 

17 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Four out of 10 though?

Saban has lost control over when they can leave, where they can go and how much money they can make entering the portal to get paid by another team. Remember the days of Saban would release them only if they went to certain teams, outside the SEC. Plus they had to wait a year etc. those days are over!

Plus some of them, he is definitely processing.

What good players have left in large numbers?  Maybe one off here and there, but they aren't losing guys they want to keep

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What good players have left in large numbers?  Maybe one off here and there, but they aren't losing guys they want to keep

Sadly he can process some very good players that other teams want because he has better already on the team or coming in.

45 minutes ago, AU_Twisterman said:

Just noticed from Nathan King of 247 that Finley will be with team for at least through the Spring.  I'm sure there is a possibility he will be gone after he graduates so may not mean a whole lot for next season.

Finley Back With Team

Good. Maybe he has apologized and willing to give this staff a chance , vice versa 

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good. Maybe he has apologized and willing to give this staff a chance , vice versa 

Me: TJ Finely can be good.

also Me:

What Year Is It GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2