Hey...Where will you be...

Ravad

Well it is about 9:52 in the morning so I will probably have just opened my third beer (don't look at me like that...I have been out here since 7:00 and I can't wait any more). I will be by the tennis courts in the shadows of Jordan-Hare watching ESPN Gameday on the satellite and getting pissed at Corso and Herby kissing USC, UT, and Michigan's ass.......woah, check her out, man I wish I was still in college........I will probably be looking over the lines of the 11:00-12:00 games to find a game to make a wager on. I will already have the crock pots going with queso dip and other various snack foods.

The day is still oh so young!!!!

Well, let's see....At 10:20 am on that fateful Saturday morning, I will be in the kitchen of my oldest daughters apartment watching her Mom cook Chicken for Tailgating later in the day. I too will be IN GREAT anticipation (that is a very polite way to say it) of the kickoff of the Defending SEC Champion's '05 season.

Hurry NIP Hurry! ! ! :au:

Come that saturday morning, I will leave my home and head to my tailgate spot directly infront of the McWhorter Center. It will be the first game that I have been able to tailgate for and sit in the stands in 5 years. Althogh I must say my my view from the sidelines with the rest of the coaches was probably the best you can get for an Auburn game. I will miss it, but can't wait to get back into the pre-game activities and tailgating with friends and family.

It can't come fast enough! WAR EAGLE!!

It is 10:53 a.m. and hopefully, I'm setting up the tailgate and hollerin', "WHERE DA' WHITE WOMEN AT?"

:big:

After that, me and the Mrs. will be touring the campus and eventually looking for the pre-game party at AUTailgating's set up behind the tennis courts. Time to put some WEN faces with some names. I'll be easily recognized because I'll have on orange that day. Hope to see as many of you folks as possible there.

WAR EAGLE!!! :cheer::au:

Well, it's 11:00 now and I am on my 6th beer. The cell phone rings, "hey honey", it's the wife. She let's me know that they are on their way and do I need anything before she gets to Auburn. I tell her to pick up EXTRA sauce from Gutheries and in my best try not to act like I have already been drinking voice, ask her to pick up some Jack at the state store. "Have you been drinking already?" she asks. "I have had only one hun...it's the first game of the year....OK.....OK....yes ma'am....OK, I won't drink anymore till you guys get here."

Well, it's 11:00 now and I am on my 6th beer. The cell phone rings, "hey honey", it's the wife. She let's me know that they are on their way and do I need anything before she gets to Auburn. I tell her to pick up EXTRA sauce from Gutheries and in my best try not to act like I have already been drinking voice, ask her to pick up some Jack at the state store. "Have you been drinking already?" she asks. "I have had only one hun...it's the first game of the year....OK.....OK....yes ma'am....OK, I won't drink anymore till you guys get here."

173766[/snapback]

LIAR! :big:

I guess we will be heading down the highway looking to meet up behind the tennis courts.

It is 10:53 a.m. and hopefully, I'm setting up the tailgate and hollerin', "WHERE DA' WHITE WOMEN AT?"

After that, me and the Mrs. will be touring the campus and eventually looking for the pre-game party at AUTailgating's set up behind the tennis courts.  Time to put some WEN faces with some names.  I'll be easily recognized because I'll have on orange that day.  Hope to see as many of you folks as possible there.

WAR EAGLE!!! :cheer:   :au:

173765[/snapback]

There may be some confusion. I plan on wearing ORANGE as well. :):au:

After that, me and the Mrs. will be touring the campus and eventually looking for the pre-game party at AUTailgating's set up behind the tennis courts.  Time to put some WEN faces with some names.  I'll be easily recognized because I'll have on orange that day.  Hope to see as many of you folks as possible there.

WAR EAGLE!!! :cheer:   :au:

173765[/snapback]

There may be some confusion. I plan on wearing ORANGE as well. :):au:

173771[/snapback]

Me Too! Me Too! :au::cheer:

It's 1:00 and I am on my 8th beer (yes, I have slowed down because I won't make it in the game if I continue at the previous pace...not becasue I was threatened by my wife :big: ) and my cell phone rings.

"hey honey." It's the wife. "We are stuck in traffic but we are almost there. Can we pull up to the spot and will you go find a parking space. You are better than that than I am."

"Hon, that is why I wake up at 5:00 to leave at 6:00 so I can get here and set up without worrying about the traffic or parking."

"Please, I had to go get the chicken fingers and YOUR liqour."

"You know, this tent, satellite, TV, grill, cooloers, and chairs don't unpack themselves and set themselves up...we have been working since we got here... :big: I haven't set down yet... :big: I haven't even finished my first beer... :big: .....OK...OK...Yes ma'am.....just pull up and I will park..."

Guest Tigrinum Major

I will be the same place that I am right now, in my niece's place off Wire Road, getting ready to go to the stadium.

It is nice to be back in Auburn, if only for a short time.

It's 1:00 and I am on my 8th beer (yes, I have slowed down because I won't make it in the game if I continue at the previous pace...not becasue I was threatened by my wife  :big: ) and my cell phone rings.

"hey honey." It's the wife. "We are stuck in traffic but we are almost there. Can we pull up to the spot and will you go find a parking space. You are better than that than I am."

"Hon, that is why I wake up at 5:00 to leave at 6:00 so I can get here and set up without worrying about the traffic or parking."

"Please, I had to go get the chicken fingers and YOUR liqour."

"You know, this tent, satellite, TV, grill, cooloers, and chairs don't unpack themselves and set themselves up...we have been working since we got here... :big: I haven't set down yet... :big: I haven't even finished my first beer... :big: .....OK...OK...Yes ma'am.....just pull up and I will park..."

173788[/snapback]

I hope I get to meet your wife on Sept 3!

I will be at 1427 Coosa River Road watching :au: on tv. Hopefully we can win against Tech, cause if we win our season opener, it will set the pace for the rest of the season.

It is now 2:57 and I have made the rounds visiting a few buddies tailgating spots and had a couple, 3 more beers, all the while "finding a parking space for my wife". I procede to "walk" back to our tent by the tennis court where I "slip" walking up the hill when I get to our tent.

"Man, they really need to do something about those loose rocks on that hill...someone could get hurt!"

"Where have you been?"

"I hads to find some places to park. I have had to walk like 15 miles to get back here sos that i could see you."

"Is that the same beer you had before you left?"

"Yep, I didn't much see anyone who I really knew all that much"

"Where did you end up parking?"

"Oh crap.....hey, did you get that Jack?"

Those of you who will be attending in person all suck. :big: (I would have used a sulky, pouty face icon but we don't have one of those...)

Next Satruday, I will be sweating my buns off in the Houston heat, hoping that the NIP arrived for all my wonderful WEN friends who are attending in person. Have a Jack and Coke for me!

Ravad, scream a HUGE War Eagle for me!!! In return, I will do my best for you if you and Ray don't make it to Red Stick.

WRECK TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be in auburn Looking for tickets to buy. and hanging out with some of my AUMB buds before they have to get ready. It will be my first game in 2 years not with the marching band. Other than that, I will make rounds tailgating with friends and so on. Probably hang out with the rents as well.

I'll be in Living Room, watching the game on ESPN HD (ahhh what an invention!!) with a bunch on Canadians looking for a puck. They will go anywhere for free beer (remind you--a case cost 36 buck USD in T-town)

Archived