Walker White's Most Wanted

ellitor

16 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Seems like a slick way to get the names out there.  I do not think coaches can callout players publicly like that legally.  I am all for tit.

No biggie. Was just letting you know the info was here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Seems like a slick way to get the names out there.  I do not think coaches can callout players publicly like that legally.  I am all for tit.

Talk about low hanging fruit.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm assuming he got his " list" from AU coaches 

He did.  

Propping him up because he remembered a list given to him by coaches is quite a projection.

FTR, I think WW has a chance to be very good, but that's not based on remembering names.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So why don’t you like Walker White as a quarterback. Maybe you can explain to us.

Gaslighting 101

15 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Yes, he did.

It's impressive that he was able to remember everyone he wanted to thank and everything he wanted to mention about what had gotten him there, as well as a list of players given to him by the coaches as players they want on board with him, all off the top of his head without stumbling over his words and without a printed out version to keep everything straight and make sure he didn't forget to mention anyone. I didn't say it makes him smart, I said it makes him sharp. 

And yes, pretty much every QB recruits to his school of choice, but rarely do they come out on their commitment day and list a dozen or so players they specifically want to bring with them. That's why this is news. That and the lack of any other football news to go on, so it's something to talk about. You know, like you normally do on message boards. Downplay this commitment all you want to, it's still a pretty big deal.

I didn't downplay anything. I'm not even going to entertain the want of a stupid fight that saying someone sharp and smart isnt the same thing. You can lie and make it mean something else if you want. Have at it. 

I haven't seen any film of him so I don't know if he's good or not, but I do know saying the names of other recruits isn't impressive to me and recruiting other guys is something that everybody does, especially QB. So I'm not downplaying him just like I'm sure you'd say you aren't down playing all the other guys that have recruited for us in the past that you didn't post about.....that works both ways.

There's nothing to argue about here, no need to try to start one

Edited by cole256

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

He did.  

Propping him up because he remembered a list given to him by coaches is quite a projection.

FTR, I think WW has a chance to be very good, but that's not based on remembering names.

Ahhh somebody who just like talking football and it's nothing personal....I trust your judgement, I plan on looking stuff up on him today when I have a break. Is he better than the 3 star sleeper everybody was mentioning a little while ago? I forget his name. I'm super happy that we are stacking talent in our QB room finally. 

I also liked how freeze said it's not personal but I'm going to be tough. I'm just a guy on a message board but that's how I think I am when I talk about QB's and guards as far as basketball. I'm going to be tough because I know how important they are.

If anybody knows this fan base should as far as QB.....they get ALL the credit for everything good. They should be accountable for the bad stuff as well

As far as the recruiting thing, I think why most don't publicize who they are going to be recruiting is because it's not the smartest thing to do as far as strategy. 

You being a coach though I'm sure you know how the universal thought is the less people know about your wants and needs the better

Edited by cole256
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Not impressive or smart? You might just be one of the very few to only AU fans in the country saying that about Walker White. So why don’t you like Walker White as a quarterback. Maybe you can explain to us.

I didn't say he was not smart or impressive, I said that metric used doesn't tell if a guy is smart or impressive. That's two completely different things. 

I also haven't ever said I don't like this kid at QB. This is very interesting though, if you are this supportive and sensitive over players and coaches I think the question is why it's been so easy for you to have been so negative of all the players and coaches and admin, and prospects in the past.....

That's quite a personality shift. And also let's say I did have a problem the way you were so hyped negative of everything these last few years why on earth would you have a problem if I did have any problems? What would make me any different from you?

Why would you think that I would to line up to everything if you didn't in the past? Why would I have to do anything that you didn't?

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Ahhh somebody who just like talking football and it's nothing personal....I trust your judgement, I plan on looking stuff up on him today when I have a break. Is he better than the 3 star sleeper everybody was mentioning a little while ago? I forget his name. I'm super happy that we are stacking talent in our QB room finally. 

I also liked how freeze said it's not personal but I'm going to be tough. I'm just a guy on a message board but that's how I think I am when I talk about QB's and guards as far as basketball. I'm going to be tough because I know how important they are.

If anybody knows this fan base should as far as QB.....they get ALL the credit for everything good. They should be accountable for the bad stuff as well

As far as the recruiting thing, I think why most don't publicize who they are going to be recruiting is because it's not the smartest thing to do as far as strategy. 

You being a coach though I'm sure you know how the universal thought is the less people know about your wants and needs the better

I'm a little mixed on this.

On one hand, I see that it is better to not let the other coaches know who you are really after.

On the other hand, I was impressed that when the spotlight was completely on him, he was able to, in a way, pull others into the light. I'd be interested to see how many, if any, look at us more seriously because of his callout.

• Like 2

All this back and forth about White mentioning other recruits makes no sense to me. I mean, what difference does it make. BTW, I've seen other recruits do alot more stupid stuff in their commitment video than mention other recruits.. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

All this back and forth about White mentioning other recruits makes no sense to me. I mean, what difference does it make. BTW, I've seen other recruits do alot more stupid stuff in their commitment video than mention other recruits.. 

the truth of the matter, in my opinion, nothing thats done in a recruitment video (whether some consider them stupid or think it’s the best thing in the world), actually points to any success on the field. At this point the only true indicator (that all CFB uses) are star ratings. Obviously they are not infallible, but are used most. In this case .9382 composite is a pretty high indicator.

It's amazing how people will jump in a thread and speak and they didn't even read in the thread to have any understanding. Still doesn't stop a dumb comment or two from coming of course😂

Just watched some film of the young man. He has some good film. I hope he can unlock his potential! 

I feel that we don't have a bunch of talent at the QB position on the team right now so he unfortunately may have to play early, from what I see on film if he has to play early there will be ups and downs. If that's the case I hope he is strong enough to endure, people were really hard on the last couple of QB's. I'm sure whatever talent is possessed freeze will be able to unlock it though. 

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's amazing how people will jump in a thread and speak and they didn't even read in the thread to have any understanding. Still doesn't stop a dumb comment or two from coming of course😂

Just watched some film of the young man. He has some good film. I hope he can unlock his potential! 

I feel that we don't have a bunch of talent at the QB position on the team right now so he unfortunately may have to play early, from what I see on film if he has to play early there will be ups and downs. If that's the case I hope he is strong enough to endure, people were really hard on the last couple of QB's. I'm sure whatever talent is possessed freeze will be able to unlock it though. 

I usually only post a dumb comment, when I post so at least in overall number I don’t fall in the top 10.

On 2/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, cole256 said:

I didn't downplay anything. I'm not even going to entertain the want of a stupid fight that saying someone sharp and smart isnt the same thing. You can lie and make it mean something else if you want. Have at it. 

I haven't seen any film of him so I don't know if he's good or not, but I do know saying the names of other recruits isn't impressive to me and recruiting other guys is something that everybody does, especially QB. So I'm not downplaying him just like I'm sure you'd say you aren't down playing all the other guys that have recruited for us in the past that you didn't post about.....that works both ways.

There's nothing to argue about here, no need to try to start one

*Sigh* You're never going to listen to anyone who might know more than you do, because no one might know more than you do.

Sharp means a person is on point, at the top of their game, or however you want to say it. Merriam-Webster defines it as "keen in intellect, perception, and/or attention." It defines smart as "having or showing a high degree of mental ability." 

In other words, you don't have to be smart to be sharp (i.e. on top of your game), nor do you have to be sharp to be smart (i.e. possessing a great deal of intellectual potential). The two words are very similar, but they DO NOT mean the same thing.

Of course, this goes against your narrative, so naturally, I'm lying, right? 🙄

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sharp

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/smart

9 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Sheeesh!,  get off the caffeine.     Why are you getting so hyper about this?    I just stated an opinion.   It was not a swipe at you.

Uh... in case you didn't notice, I was responding to Cole there. He's the one I quoted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

*Sigh* You're never going to listen to anyone who might know more than you do, because no one might know more than you do.

Sharp means a person is on point, at the top of their game, or however you want to say it. Merriam-Webster defines it as "keen in intellect, perception, and/or attention." It defines smart as "having or showing a high degree of mental ability." 

In other words, you don't have to be smart to be sharp (i.e. on top of your game), nor do you have to be sharp to be smart (i.e. possessing a great deal of intellectual potential). The two words are very similar, but they DO NOT mean the same thing.

Of course, this goes against your narrative, so naturally, I'm lying, right? 🙄

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sharp

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/smart

You are such a funny poster. People that type out sigh are hilarious anyway and you seem to be the EXACT type that would do so. 

You go on and on with the same little digs.....Look in the mirror. You don't listen. YOU constantly think you are the smartest guy in the room. YOU started this entire thing by misquoting me. You keep this same narrative going because I have the nerve to speak back to you and not now down to this vast intellectually superiority that you feel that you possess that you obviously don't. The only reason we ever interact is because you will speak to me. It's not the other way around. 

The point is I saw that you were going to this. It's pointless. First you weren't the only person posting. Second sharp, smart or whatever I posted that I don't see anything that so impressive that was done. That's my opinion, just like you feel it is impressive. That has nothing to do with anybody knowing more than the other and all of that....I'm not interested in a competition with you. Imo there isn't a competition between us. You keep this going because you said something that wasn't accurate about basketball and it hurt you so that you have to keep this going. 

Like really grow up. What you want isn't even achievable. Just accept you can state whatever opinions you have just like EVERYBODY else can on this site and when someone disagrees with you all of this isn't necessary. 

Every time I don't agree with it has to be this monologue of you going on about you think you know everything blah, blah, blah.

Just shut up. I don't post any different than you. I post what I think, just the same as you. I haven't ever posted I know more than everybody else, I can't help that you are insecure because you were wrong before. We've all been wrong before it's no big deal. 

Only thing I've ever said about other people posting is when I want opinions from people that don't get all personal and sensitive because someone disagreed with them before.....pretty much someone like yourself. I prefer to just not interact. You're not important, we don't have to talk. I'm fine with that. 

This is exactly what Titan would say, just don't talk to each other, but of course you had to be so arrogant you can't even do that....no you'll speak...well ok so if I don't agree with you then that's what it is. Nothing you can do about it. Oh well.

Seems like all the threads are engulfed with silly personal back and forth today (IMO). Noone must be winning arguments with the spouses feeding this need. It may nust be the infection of “out of season”. lol

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 10:39 AM, cole256 said:

Is he better than the 3 star sleeper everybody was mentioning a little while ago

I have admittedly not watched WW highlights nor consider myself a good judge of QB talent, but just looking at the coaches that were after him, I’d say yes, he is VERY talented.  

I hate Lane Kiffin but that man knows QB talent when he sees it and he has been after White for a long time and was long considered the favorite to land White…..White had  offers from Bama and had visited them a lot, and Dabo also has been a pretty good judge of QB talent in his time at Clemson.  Briles slowed played him some at Arky but Enos went after him hard once he was hired and I’d take Enos’s analysis of QB talent over Briles.  

Montgomery and Freeze are also no slouches when it comes to identifying and developing QB talent and it really says something that Montgomery was the first college coach to offer him.  

Last year if someone had told you that Auburn would beat out Dabo Sweeney and Lane Kiffin for their highly coveted QB recruit, would you have believed them? 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

You are such a funny poster. People that type out sigh are hilarious anyway and you seem to be the EXACT type that would do so. 

You go on and on with the same little digs.....Look in the mirror. You don't listen. YOU constantly think you are the smartest guy in the room. YOU started this entire thing by misquoting me. You keep this same narrative going because I have the nerve to speak back to you and not now down to this vast intellectually superiority that you feel that you possess that you obviously don't. The only reason we ever interact is because you will speak to me. It's not the other way around. 

The point is I saw that you were going to this. It's pointless. First you weren't the only person posting. Second sharp, smart or whatever I posted that I don't see anything that so impressive that was done. That's my opinion, just like you feel it is impressive. That has nothing to do with anybody knowing more than the other and all of that....I'm not interested in a competition with you. Imo there isn't a competition between us. You keep this going because you said something that wasn't accurate about basketball and it hurt you so that you have to keep this going. 

Like really grow up. What you want isn't even achievable. Just accept you can state whatever opinions you have just like EVERYBODY else can on this site and when someone disagrees with you all of this isn't necessary. 

Every time I don't agree with it has to be this monologue of you going on about you think you know everything blah, blah, blah.

Just shut up. I don't post any different than you. I post what I think, just the same as you. I haven't ever posted I know more than everybody else, I can't help that you are insecure because you were wrong before. We've all been wrong before it's no big deal. 

Only thing I've ever said about other people posting is when I want opinions from people that don't get all personal and sensitive because someone disagreed with them before.....pretty much someone like yourself. I prefer to just not interact. You're not important, we don't have to talk. I'm fine with that. 

This is exactly what Titan would say, just don't talk to each other, but of course you had to be so arrogant you can't even do that....no you'll speak...well ok so if I don't agree with you then that's what it is. Nothing you can do about it. Oh well.

I posted the dictionary definitions of the words you said meant the same thing to defend myself against the accusation. To recap, I said White impressed me as being "sharp" (i.e. on top of his game) when he was able to rattle off everything in that commitment, including a player list given to him by the coaches, without so much as a notecard to keep it all straight. You got all up in a huff about how it doesn't make him any smarter (you know, putting words in my mouth), and I corrected your verbiage because I wasn't trying to say that it made him any smarter.

But you play your game. And that's okay. As I've mentioned (and, if memory serves, you've also ridiculed), I'm a writer, so I understand how much words can be weapons.

Tick tock.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I posted the dictionary definitions of the words you said meant the same thing to defend myself against the accusation. To recap, I said White impressed me as being "sharp" (i.e. on top of his game) when he was able to rattle off everything in that commitment, including a player list given to him by the coaches. You got all up in a huff about how it doesn't make him any smarter (you know, putting words in my mouth), and I corrected your verbiage because I wasn't trying to say that it made him any smarter.

But you play your game. And that's okay. As I've mentioned (and, if memory serves, you've also ridiculed), I'm a writer, so I understand how much words can be weapons.

Tick tock.

I didn't get in a huff at all. I pointed out how all QB's recruit and I just didn't see what made this so special and you emotionally wrote a paragraph and said I downplayed his entire commitment....because you seem to have a habit to get triggered if someone doesn't agree with you. It's interesting how you being a writer knowing the power of words and what not have all this energy in correcting a synonymous word but have nothing to say on you completely making up things that you say I said and did that's pulled out of the thin air.

You weren't the only one talking and all I said is I don't see what's so impressive about naming guys he wants to play with and recruiting.

I wasn't even replying directly towards you and I was speaking to the topic and there was no animosity in my post at all. The only people that became upset were the people who were offended someone didn't agree with them. 

And no your memory isn't serving you because I didn't ridicule you at all, how that convo actually went is you tried to go the route that I'm just a guy who follows sports and you are a writer and mathematician....you tried to use that to make yourself seem to be more than me and I let you know how I'm actually a nuclear engineer and I actually have a profession that's just as if not more respected in society. Go look it up. 

That just goes along with your entire wanting to be over me for whatever reason so you go on and on with the you know more than me thing you keep doing every few months. Actually I have NEVER ridiculed you. We only have interactions when you start and when I reply to you, of course it's a problem. 

But cool, somebody being sharp and being smart aren't the same. And with that being said I still don't see anything impressive about it but I do think his highlights are impressive and I hope he reaches his potential here. 

No we all can move on. Fantastic