1000 yard rusher and receiver

aubiefifty

how long before we get back to the thousand yard guys on offense? i know it used to be nothing pretty much every single year we had a thousand yard rusher. it has always been a point of pride for me. now it seems hit or miss and i understand the oline was limited but if we are a power run team like folks say then should we not have at least on back with a thousand yards? maybe the game has changed. but i do hope we have some studs on the team that can take our game to another level. from the past two years we have been held back. am i looking for too much too early? i just look at freeze at liberty and i automatically think we have better talent and a better coaching staff so we should trend up quite a bit. what say yee? i will sit back and listen.........or nap. whichever comes first.

As soon as we are able to control the line of scrimmage. 

Good news though.  The Freeze system makes that much easier.  It's about creating overloads, space where there are more blockers than defenders. 

• Like 2

I suspect Freeze will have more 1k yd WRs than Auburn has ever had

• Like 3

• WarTiger changed the title to 1000 yard rusher and receiver

The 1000 yard rusher every year was nice, but the game has changed a bit. Players no longer want 30 carries a game. Much more RB by committee approach now across the entire landscape. So 1K rushers doesn't appear to be as common as it once was. I do think the biggest thing that has hampered us from that the last few years was OL talent and even RB talent for a couple years. 

I think we will have one possibly this year in JH. I think he hits 1200 honestly. I also think we will start seeing 1K receivers under Freeze. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

By November 2023

Sir, this is not the crazy predictions thread 

Let's assume we'll get immediate improvement on O-line in year 1 under Freeze. Jarquez goes over 1k rushing this season.  Who steps up as t he 1K receiver this year?

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Sir, this is not the crazy predictions thread 

Not crazy if we get a compitent QB, which I believe BB still thinks we will.

2 hours ago, Dom1ni0n said:

Let's assume we'll get immediate improvement on O-line in year 1 under Freeze. Jarquez goes over 1k rushing this season.  Who steps up as t he 1K receiver this year?

Brown IMO if we get a QB.

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

image.gif

He's got to be the choice of all of our WRs. 

He's really the only guy who seems like he has all the #1 type attributes