Ronnie Brown offered new deal

tarheeltiger

Alt link.

Ronnie is in danger of missing the first 3 games of the preseason. If a deal is not signed this week that will make #4... He has to sign and join the team.

:au:

174000[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown, RB, Miami Dolphins

News | Fantasy | Statistics | Utilization | Depth Chart | Add to Watchlist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins | Offer New Deal to Brown

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:29:11 -0700

The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins have offered a new contract to rookie RB Ronnie Brown, the team's first-round draft choice. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Dolphins have offered a deal that would allow Brown to make more than $30 million over the course of a five-year contract. That includes $19.5 million in guarantees over that time. The team is hoping Brown will sign in time to practice next week.

I understand that he was #2 overall... but come on and be a team player. I think that holding out, especially as a rookie who has never played a down of NFL ball is ridiculous. Sign your name at the bottom of the page and be there for your teammates RB.

I understand that he was #2 overall... but come on and be a team player.  I think that holding out, especially as a rookie who has never played a down of NFL ball is ridiculous.  Sign your name at the bottom of the page and be there for your teammates RB.

174003[/snapback]

I agree Ronnie needs to gret his butt into camp but it's the agents who rule these days. Ronnie's agent couldnt afford to let his client sign for less that the #3 draft choice.

I understand that he was #2 overall... but come on and be a team player.  I think that holding out, especially as a rookie who has never played a down of NFL ball is ridiculous.  Sign your name at the bottom of the page and be there for your teammates RB.

174003[/snapback]

I agree Ronnie needs to gret his butt into camp but it's the agents who rule these days. Ronnie's agent couldnt afford to let his client sign for less that the #3 draft choice.

174017[/snapback]

Agents work for players, period.

The agents do all they can to get as much money for himself and the player, but the player always has the final say. It does not matter what the agent 'could afford' to do. Ronnie has the ultimate say in whether he signs a certain contract or not.

Ronnie's a business man now. Let him and his agent work out the details. It will all work out in time.

Ronnie's a business man now. Let him and his agent work out the details. It will all work out in time.

174030[/snapback]

We area talking a lot of money some are asking him to forgo to be a "team" player. How many out there in the every day world would accept 80 grand a year when you could get a fair marker value of a 100,000 just to be a "team player"?

This is professional sports and this is the way it is. This is also the reason I haven't watched a professional game (any sport) since Elway won the Super Bowl - except for last nights preseason Redskin game. I used to be a BIG Brown's fan but what a professional athelete makes is such a turn off I lost interest.

And don't get me started on what todays rich and famous - atheletes or not - can get away with with enough green.................................

174030[/snapback]

We area talking a lot of money some are asking him to forgo to be a "team" player. How many out there in the every day world would accept 80 grand a year when you could get a fair marker value of a 100,000 just to be a "team player"?

This is professional sports and this is the way it is. This is also the reason I haven't watched a professional game (any sport) since Elway won the Super Bowl - except for last nights preseason Redskin game. I used to be a BIG Brown's fan but what a professional athelete makes is such a turn off I lost interest.

And don't get me started on what todays rich and famous - atheletes or not - can get away with with enough green.................................

174031[/snapback]

Actually it's closer to 10% difference so that would make your numbers 90K vs. 100K, not 80K vs. 100K. 10% is not a deal breaker, in my experience, and shouldn't be in this case.

Archived