2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

Things like this have always been fluid and even more so now. I do not think we should take offense to it. It is a business. Hopefully, we are working on our counter offer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Things like this have always been fluid and even more so now. I do not think we should take offense to it. It is a business. Hopefully, we are working on our counter offer. 

Yep things do happen, that's the nature of recruiting and how anybody that had access to things would put it. Just say things happen. Not that a guy has issues a week after he's projected as a commit to us and commits to someone else 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep things do happen, that's the nature of recruiting and how anybody that had access to things would put it. Just say things happen. Not that a guy has issues a week after he's projected as a commit to us and commits to someone else 

Bro, that came from the LSU mod. Like I said, I shouldn't have posted that. Anybody could goggle that and find it. I don't predict alot of stuff on here. And I have no problem eating crow if what I do predict don't turn out true... See My Harsin prediction to prove that. But, Coleman was/is a silent commit to Auburn as of 3 weeks ago. BTW, the same source told me Danny Hugh would be the next coach. When everybody and their brother said it was Kiffin, Rhule or Grimes or whoever. The " Big Guy" gets who he wants at AU. Nothings changed in that regard 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Bro, that came from the LSU mod. Like I said, I shouldn't have posted that. Anybody could goggle that and find it

So u say u shouldn't of posted it but it's our fault too for not googling it...

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is a huge whiff. It doesn't help that we hear all about these confidence intervals as well too lol. I always laugh at those confidence picks. 

Agree. High expectations have a lot to do with the disappointment.

And they are proliferated on this site. I remember talk of a top 5 recruiting class after we hired Freeze. 

From a more objective standpoint. I said before we need at least a couple top 100 recruits in this class. I doubt that will happen at this point. Hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

Agree. High expectations have a lot to do with the disappointment.

And they are proliferated on this site. I remember talk of a top 5 recruiting class after we hired Freeze. 

From a more objective standpoint. I said before we need at least a couple top 100 recruits in this class. I doubt that will happen at this point. Hope I'm wrong. 

Same. Top five would be nice...Feel like practically Gene Chizik has been the only one to do that. I just don't want us BSing around.  We need to start really gaining traction even if there are three stars and start indeed throwing bags at these top-tier studs. No more silent commitments if true, etc,etc...take the perks and commit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Same. Top five would be nice...Feel like practically Gene Chizik has been the only one to do that. I just don't want us BSing around.  We need to start really gaining traction even if there are three stars and start indeed throwing bags at these top-tier studs. No more silent commitments if true, etc,etc...take the perks and commit. 

Right, the silent commits are beyond tired. 

Based on the first full recruiting class rankings by every current SEC coach that I previously posted, I think top 10 is a reasonable goal. Top 15 would be fine. Anything else is a problem. 

• Like 4

Just now, cbo said:

Right, the silent commits are beyond tired. 

Based on the first full recruiting class rankings by every current SEC coach that I previously posted, I think top 10 is a reasonable goal. Top 15 would be fine. Anything else is a problem. 

Agreed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

So u say u shouldn't of posted it but it's our fault too for not googling it...

I didn't say it was anybody fault. I said that's where it came from. I shouldn't have posted it. Prob nothing to it. I have wondered for awhile,  not just today, why Bama isn't recruiting him

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I didn't say it was anybody fault. I said that's where it came from. I shouldn't have posted it

Being an insider is a tough job, my friend. I commend you for even coming in here and showing face.  But yeah, It is tough to hear such and such then the rug is pulled from under you. 

• Like 3

Just now, DAG said:

Being an insider is a tough job, my friend. I commend you for even coming in here and showing face.  But yeah, It is tough to hear such and such then the rug is pulled from under you. 

I'm not an insider ,LOL... far from it

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right. Shame on us for being over excited by his possible commitment and shame on us for being so disappointed he went to A&M . We all should know better by now

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

How is it "insider" but his info came from an lsu mod (announced after the fact) and he also said 

"I will put it this way... Coleman being a silent commit, isn't my opinion. Good thing about it is we will know in due time" Like he had some insider knowledge.

im sorry, but had he said "hey an lsu mod said this" at the time or here's a link I would've had more respect for it than somebody acting like they had real insider info 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

How is it "insider" but his info came from an lsu mod (announced after the fact) and he also said 

"I will put it this way... Coleman being a silent commit, isn't my opinion. Good thing about it is we will know in due time" Like he had some insider knowledge.

im sorry, but had he said "hey an lsu mod said this" at the time or here's a link I would've had more respect for it than somebody acting like they had real insider info 

Your correct, I should have said ," I read", what the LSU mod said. Your 100 correct on that as I stated it, I realize it came off as insider info, hence that's why I Said I shouldn't have posted it. Again, the silent commit part, I stand by, whether u believe it or don't,  it matters to me not

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Right. Shame on us for being over excited by his possible commitment and shame on us for being so disappointed he went to A&M . We all should know better by now

I think for me, it is not necessarily being disappointed in him going to another place. I am not frustrated at him for seeking his best offer. I am more frustrated at falling for the same confidence, bat eyes, silence commits, etc, etc. With that being said, I definitely am not going to throw in the white flag for this.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Your correct, I should have said ," I read", what the LSU mod said. Your 100 correct on that as I stated it, I realize it came off as insider info, hence that's why I Said I shouldn't have posted it. 

I'll def give u credit for coming in and owning up to it 

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'll def give u credit for coming in and owning up to it 

BTW, the silent commit part to AU, can be backed up by the real insiders on the forum. Whether they chose to do so is up to them. I'm sure I'm not the only one privy to that info. They have alot more sources than me. I just happened to be in the right place right time to get that little nugget.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Thank Goodness this did not happen on signing day. Can you imagine? 

Jimbo is such a terrible coach. Hard to believe people still want to play for him. I mean, I am shocked Cam would choose to play for him. 

I think this one hit the AU message boards so hard that they will slow down on the predictions for a while. 
Posters on ON3 and 247 are lighting up the mods but truthfully- nobody knew. 

I do think ON3 is way way overly optimistic most of the time but in this case everyone was blindsided. Again- glad this was not on signing day. 

• Like 4

Not all info is accurate or going to turn out 100%.

No reason to bash a guy trying to bring info to the board after the fact. Everyone was all amped for his posts 24 hrs ago

• Like 4

Somehow this is all @bigbirdfault. I’m trying to figure out how, though. I should have solid reasoning in a few more hours and then we can direct our attention at destroying him.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think this one hit the AU message boards so hard that they will slow down on the predictions for a while. 
Posters on ON3 and 247 are lighting up the mods but truthfully- nobody knew. 

I do think ON3 is way way overly optimistic most of the time but in this case everyone was blindsided. Again- glad this was not on signing day. 

The "predictors" haven't yet figured out how to factor in the NIL effect. Indeed, there may not be a way to factor it in. If some school with deep pockets gets into the game at the last minute with a 1/2 million dollar offer, how could anybody predict that?

I do think that, without some form of control, recruiting is turning into what many of us predicted it would become, nothing but a case of the richest schools buying the top guys and the rest of us fighting over what's left.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2