What a Saturday, huh?

I don't recall a day when both of AU's diamond teams got swept in doubleheaders. 0-4 in one day ain't cool at all.

I find the baseball team's performance the most disappointing. At least softball was playing a major college opponent. However, looking to the future Coach Thompson has proven that he can coach winning baseball in the SEC. I'll be surprised if his team doesn't improve as the season moves along.

Coach Dean now, I don't know how far he can take an SEC team. Some of his management of pitchers in in-game decisions leave me uh, confused.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't recall a day when both of AU's diamond teams got swept in doubleheaders. 0-4 in one day ain't cool at all.

I find the baseball team's performance the most disappointing. At least softball was playing a major college opponent. However, looking to the future Coach Thompson has proven that he can coach winning baseball in the SEC. I'll be surprised if his team doesn't improve as the season moves along.

Coach Dean now, I don't know how far he can take an SEC team. Some of his management of pitchers in in-game decisions leave me uh, confused.

Also softball with Georgia seemed to be similar and matches the rankings coming in with Georgia being slightly better.  They were ranked 18 to our 21.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Foster couldn't go on Saturday because of an abdominal strain.   Bobby Pierce is still out with a hamstring.  Cooper M hasn't played since getting hit on the knee.  And Gonzo has only made 1 appearance.   We need to get healthy quick. 

• Like 1

Just an all around bad year for our athletic programs…there is reason to believe it can be turned around though.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Just an all around bad year for our athletic programs…there is reason to believe it can be turned around though.

So you've written off both the baseball and softball season? With only a quarter of the season complete? And the basketball team, which is headed to the Big Tourney?

Edited by SumterAubie

15 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So you've written off both the baseball and softball season? With only a quarter of the season complete? And the basketball team, which is headed to the Big Tourney?

Seriously,BB headed to the NCAA tournament for home game in Bham, baseball has had a great early season despite our best returning pitcher being sidelined, girls almost take 2 of 3 on the road.   The ski is falling...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

That's how he rolls.................