2024 4* OG/C Casey Poe (Bama)

Son of A Tiger

Bird nothing wrong with Cash but for the big boys arranging regular meals at some of the best BBQ and Mexican food places in his area would go a long way. 

• Haha 2

No offense but someone showing up at his high school in full ornithilogical plumage is NOT the kind of Yella Fella we need at the moment!  

• Haha 7

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

I sure am glad that Walker White joined the recruiting staff...he's been a great addition to that group!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Walker White is a better recruiter than any of the Potato Gang.

The effort is there for sure with his texts, etc., but now we need results.  Bring 'em on Walker!!!!

• 1 month later...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Man we are getting reamed on the offensive line. We got to pick it up. Also I am bored so freaking out just because. 

• Like 4

On 4/22/2023 at 10:58 AM, AUwent said:

Walker White is a better recruiter than any of the Potato Gang.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wiltfong just picked Poe to Bama.

Maybe not

It's not over until it's over. But unless I'm missing something, it's not looking good right now for OL recruiting. in the last couple of months were riding high with a lot of high profile recruits in for OVs. Maybe we set our sights too high, but looks we may even strike out with the 3* offensive linemen. Are we still suffering from fallout from the last four or five years. Maybe we're overreacting. I'm sure CDHF would like to start off with a big dog to set the tone for a strong OL class. Come on guys. Bring 'em in.

This staff finished strong last year with OL recruiting, have a top 10 OL coach employed with an NFL lifer as an analyst, and has 13ish games to prove the goods. We'll be fine. It's only June.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

It's only June.

This would be fine 2-3 years ago.  Go look at committed kids in the top 100.  50% are committed.  In 30 days that is going to be near 80%

• Like 2

It's a little unsettling to depend on a couple of flips in Dec. to salvage our OL class. And of course there's always the transfer portal. Those may be the our two best options this year . If we have a significantly better than expected year on the field, those could be very rewarding options and it would also greatly enhance recruiting for '25 class, to insert a positive spin. Let's keep the faith.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This would be fine 2-3 years ago.  Go look at committed kids in the top 100.  50% are committed.  In 30 days that is going to be near 80%

"It's only _____" is a running joke here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"It's only _____" is a running joke here.

my apologies if you meant it that way.  Seems lots of ppl aren't

18 hours ago, autan said:

It's not over until it's over. But unless I'm missing something, it's not looking good right now for OL recruiting. in the last couple of months were riding high with a lot of high profile recruits in for OVs. Maybe we set our sights too high, but looks we may even strike out with the 3* offensive linemen. Are we still suffering from fallout from the last four or five years. Maybe we're overreacting. I'm sure CDHF would like to start off with a big dog to set the tone for a strong OL class. Come on guys. Bring 'em in.

The way you build a team is changing.  We'll chase the 4 and 5 stars hard, and put less emphasis on project OLs.  Why spend 2 or 3 years developing a guy who may or may not pan out and transfers once the slightest bit of difficulty appears?  I think we'll be filling out our OL with mostly transfers until we can start pulling these bluechip guys.  There will be the occasional 3 star that's overlooked by the sites that we'll take.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

The way you build a team is changing.  We'll chase the 4 and 5 stars hard, and put less emphasis on project OLs.  Why spend 2 or 3 years developing a guy who may or may not pan out and transfers once the slightest bit of difficulty appears?  I think we'll be filling out our OL with mostly transfers until we can start pulling these bluechip guys.  There will be the occasional 3 star that's overlooked by the sites that we'll take.

Man, I hope that is not Freeze's philosophy.  There are plenty of lower rated guys out there who can play in the SEC at offensive line.  The position is so hard to accurately project that quantity is your friend.  I want to see 4 or 5 high school guys enroll every year.  Take the best guys you can get but keep the numbers up no matter what.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Take the best guys you can get but keep the numbers up no matter what.

CHF was adamant about keeping the numbers up!   He will have his number (I think it was 16 or 17) OL.   His preference is to get them from HS, but as we saw, he will gladly pillage the portal if needed.    
It looks like we’ll get the opportunity to see what he does when he misses on several of his first preferences from HS.   Will he go heavier on projects from HS or heavier in the portal?    My guess is a pretty good balance of both.  

Also, that may be why CHF is stocking up on LS.   They’re the most important OL anyway.   (yellow font for anyone who needs it😁)

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Will he go heavier on projects from HS or heavier in the portal?    My guess is a pretty good balance of both.  

My guess is more portal because it's a fairly weak HS OL class in the Southeast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...