2023 Spring Transfer Portal Exits

cbo

Man.  Lately the ones I'm most excited about are the ones leaving 

Auburn DL Jeffrey M'ba to enter transfer portal

13 minutes ago

Ahead of the April 15 transfer portal window opening, Auburn defensive lineman Jeffrey M'ba has announced his intention to enter the portal. 

He is the third Auburn player to begin that process, joining linebackers Kameron Brown and Desmond Tisdol who entered the portal during the spring.

"I am grateful to have been a part of the Auburn Tigers community," M'ba wrote. "My time in Auburn has taught me lessons that extend far beyond the football field. I want to give a heartfelt thank you to Coach Harsin for recruiting and giving me the opportunity to play at Auburn. Additionally, I want to thank the entire new Auburn staff for giving me the opportunity to play under their leadership. To my teammates, thank you for always being by my side; you guys have become family to me on and off the field. Without you, I don't think I will be able to make it this far.

"A huge thanks to Dom (Studzinski) and the entire strength coaching staff for helping me reach a new level on the field. Most importantly, I would like to thank the Auburn community for embracing and supporting me throughout my time here. I never felt anything but real love from you since day 1. You are all a big family and made a part of it. I will always remember and appreciate you. The time has come for me to enter the transfer portal and take the next step as a football player. It's time for me to start my next chapter of life!"

Arriving in the Class of 2022 under Bryan Harsin and Co., M'ba was the No. 1 JUCO player in both the 247Sports Composite rankings and 247Sports rankings, coming over from Independence Community College. Originally from Gabon, M'ba came to the United States from France and began playing football shortly before moving to the United States.

In a crowded defensive line room, M'ba appeared in nine games in 2022, recording seven tackles and a sack and a forced fumble, both of which came in the Mississippi State game.

4COMMENTS

During the first transfer portal window, Auburn brought in former Kentucky defensive lineman Justin Rogers, former Purdue defensive lineman Lawrence Johnson, former Maryland defensive lineman Mosiah Nasili-Kite and Elijah McAllister to play on the edge.

Auburn Undercover will continue to update this story.

• Thanks 1

I just love the new “ college” football, where the team of today probably won’t be the team of tomorrow. Literally

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jluvah said:

I just love the new “ college” football, where the team of today probably won’t be the team of tomorrow. Literally

In other words, pro football. 

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Auburn DL Jeffrey M'ba to enter transfer portal

13 minutes ago

Ahead of the April 15 transfer portal window opening, Auburn defensive lineman Jeffrey M'ba has announced his intention to enter the portal. 

He is the third Auburn player to begin that process, joining linebackers Kameron Brown and Desmond Tisdol who entered the portal during the spring.

"I am grateful to have been a part of the Auburn Tigers community," M'ba wrote. "My time in Auburn has taught me lessons that extend far beyond the football field. I want to give a heartfelt thank you to Coach Harsin for recruiting and giving me the opportunity to play at Auburn. Additionally, I want to thank the entire new Auburn staff for giving me the opportunity to play under their leadership. To my teammates, thank you for always being by my side; you guys have become family to me on and off the field. Without you, I don't think I will be able to make it this far.

"A huge thanks to Dom (Studzinski) and the entire strength coaching staff for helping me reach a new level on the field. Most importantly, I would like to thank the Auburn community for embracing and supporting me throughout my time here. I never felt anything but real love from you since day 1. You are all a big family and made a part of it. I will always remember and appreciate you. The time has come for me to enter the transfer portal and take the next step as a football player. It's time for me to start my next chapter of life!"

Arriving in the Class of 2022 under Bryan Harsin and Co., M'ba was the No. 1 JUCO player in both the 247Sports Composite rankings and 247Sports rankings, coming over from Independence Community College. Originally from Gabon, M'ba came to the United States from France and began playing football shortly before moving to the United States.

In a crowded defensive line room, M'ba appeared in nine games in 2022, recording seven tackles and a sack and a forced fumble, both of which came in the Mississippi State game.

4COMMENTS

During the first transfer portal window, Auburn brought in former Kentucky defensive lineman Justin Rogers, former Purdue defensive lineman Lawrence Johnson, former Maryland defensive lineman Mosiah Nasili-Kite and Elijah McAllister to play on the edge.

Auburn Undercover will continue to update this story.

Sorry to see this one!!

• Like 1

Goodbye and good luck. If you can't make it even at Auburn, given our current situation, welp, try again somewhere else, right?

• Like 1

I thought he was pretty good?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Quoting M'Ba "Most importantly, I would like to thank the Auburn community for embracing and supporting me throughout my time here. I never felt anything but real love from you since day 1. You are all a big family and made a part of it. I will always remember and appreciate you. The time has come for me to enter the transfer portal and take the next step as a football player. It's time for me to start my next chapter of life!"

So then why leave? Some of these players are going to find out that it's cold on the outside looking in.

• Like 1

WTF?  I thought he was going to have a major role this year?  Something about this doesn’t smell right.  It will be interesting to see where he ends up.  

2 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

The most likely scenario is that he was falling down the depth chart

That's the only thing that makes any sense.

• Like 1

I'm personally not sure. I thought M'ba had some good potential, but his 2022 stats were 7 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 forced fumble. I don't think anyone's thrilled about losing M'ba, but it doesn't seem like we're losing too much defensive production. I wish him well in his next move.

• Thanks 1

People, get used to this new world of college sports. There will be more players leaving! Players that you are/were excited about seeing play for the Orange and Blue. I guess they have to do what is best for them but as an Auburn fan, I hate to see these things happening. I wish the young man the best! 

• Like 2