What do you guys miss about Auburn football?

aubiefifty

I miss being respected.  I miss being viewed as the school not buried in tradition. We were one time the school that would try things. Some how we are now the school stuck in dumb traditions

On 4/26/2023 at 6:28 PM, cole256 said:

I miss being respected.  I miss being viewed as the school not buried in tradition. We were one time the school that would try things. Some how we are now the school stuck in dumb traditions

I love tradition but I don’t think it’s a mutually exclusive thing. We should have traditions that make AU Auburn but I agree we need to grow in some areas or get left behind. There’s gotta be a balance between the two.

• Like 1

An O Line that pushed people around instead of getting pushed. A balanced offense: We used to be able to run or pass with success (whichever the situation called for)

And a nasty defense that the opponent feared!!

On 4/24/2023 at 7:44 AM, augolf1716 said:

Like this........Phil Neel was great

60tennessee-smaller.jpg

1960-Auburn-Ga-smaller.jpg

I had a calendar with old program covers on them from Phil like these you posted.  I had a lot of them framed and they are hanging up in my office. 

I'll keep my comments about what I miss to myself as I am not a Freeze fan, nor was I Harsin.  I know Freeze is capable of getting us back to winning just not so sure his past is far enough behind him to call it a "past" and that he has learned from his mistakes and become a better person.  I guess time will tell, hopefully he will be "the most Jesus like leader" we have ever seen.

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad

22 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Successful walkons.

I also have always had a soft spot for walk-ons especially the ones that went onto greatness.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Walking-on-standing-out-Its-an-Auburn-tradition-148928873/#148928873_5

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

I miss following recruiting under Trooper and Luper…seemed like a new 4 or 5 star everyday and even when we lost out on one it was a fun ride.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

I'll keep my comments about what I miss to myself as I am not a Freeze fan, nor was I Harsin.  I know Freeze is capable of getting us back to winning just not so sure his past is far enough behind him to call it a "past" and that he has learned from his mistakes and become a better person.  I guess time will tell, hopefully he will be "the most Jesus like leader" we have ever seen.

Just curious what other coach was the most Jesus like leader? Trying to understand the pattern you hope to see from a football coach.

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Just curious what other coach was the most Jesus like leader? Trying to understand the pattern you hope to see from a football coach.

None that we have had over the past several decades that's for sure.  I mean seriously what did Harsin think bringing someone down from Boise that looks like that?  What there was no one else qualified for that position?  That's just asking for trouble whether there was actually anything going on or not.  And Freeze past actions at Ole Miss and at Liberty.....not the best.  There are just a lot of people very high on Freeze, I'm not one of them.  You are aware where the quote "most Jesus like leader" comes from?

19 minutes ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

None that we have had over the past several decades that's for sure.  I mean seriously what did Harsin think bringing someone down from Boise that looks like that?  What there was no one else qualified for that position?  That's just asking for trouble whether there was actually anything going on or not.  And Freeze past actions at Ole Miss and at Liberty.....not the best.  There are just a lot of people very high on Freeze, I'm not one of them.  You are aware where the quote "most Jesus like leader" comes from?

I am aware of who used it first but you repeated, so didn’t catch any inference of that was not what YOU meant to say. If you meant it “tongue in cheek” I rescind my comment . I also agree we need an ugly meter when determining which women to hire ( I mean that tongue in cheek BTW). 

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I am aware of who used it first but you repeated, so didn’t catch any inference of that was not what YOU meant to say. If you meant it “tongue in cheek” I rescind my comment . I also agree we need an ugly meter when determining which women to hire ( I mean that tongue in cheek BTW). 

Yep all tongue and cheek.