Biblical Marriage

AURex

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

We will call you an exception then. 

I think you'll find that I'm not. If Islam was the prevailing religion in this country, I think you'd see that we would have the same problem with Muslims that advocated for greater influence of religion on government, greater presence in schools, and told others that they would be consigned to hell if they didn't share in belief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

That’s up to you. Ask them both. 

Both?  Aren't they one and the same? 

Are you suggesting there are more than one Gods?

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Because Allah is not Yahweh. You are comfortable questioning and or belittling Christians. Have doubts you would ever question a follower of Islam. Just the way you you guys are I suppose. 

https://www.ciu.edu/allah-islam-same-yahweh-christianity

Don't be so tender and self-centered. :-\

I am comfortable questioning  most religions.  It's not my fault Christians - as the dominant religion in this country - provide the most obvious and worthy target. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Don't be so tender and self-centered. :-\

I am comfortable questioning  most religions.  It's not my fault Christians - as the dominant religion in this country - provide the most obvious and worthy target. 

Stone him. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Both?  Aren't they one and the same? 

Are you suggesting there are more than one Gods?

God is God.

Allah is a dead guy who favored goats.

Humans in the past have worshiped numerous gods.  God commanded that there be no other gods before Him. So God was the one who used the term “other gods”. That’s good enough for me.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

I want you to really think about how disrespectful it would be, and how you would feel, if someone said this about Jesus. You may not like the fact that some of us doubt God and Jesus' existence, but we've never said anything remotely similar to this.

Not only are you completely high-and-mighty in your beliefs, so convinced of your superiority and "knowledge" that you don't question anything, you've now shown your disdain for the basis of religion for millions of other people in the world. Disagreement on political beliefs is one thing, but with this you're just showing everyone that you're a terrible person.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I want you to really think about how disrespectful it would be, and how you would feel, if someone said this about Jesus. You may not like the fact that some of us doubt God and Jesus' existence, but we've never said anything remotely similar to this.

Not only are you completely high-and-mighty in your beliefs, so convinced of your superiority and "knowledge" that you don't question anything, you've now shown your disdain for the basis of religion for millions of other people in the world. Disagreement on political beliefs is one thing, but with this you're just showing everyone that you're a terrible person.

Re read some of Brother Homers post. Maybe some of your own. Was not said bluntly like JJ but the same thing.

• Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Re read some of Brother Homers post. Maybe some of your own. Was not said bluntly like JJ but the same thing.

Oh really? Please give an example of where I said anything close.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

This forum and several members are constantly disrespectful to Jesus, God, the Bible, churches, Catholics, Baptists, preachers, pastors, et al. It is full of high and mighty posters also convinced of their belief, or lack thereof. They spend paragraph after paragraph bashing Christians, Jesus, God, the Bible, salvation, all of it.  Spare me the outrage. I do feel shocked and distressed when I read posts on this forum. It is difficult for me to believe some of the things I have heard here. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

God is God.

Humans in the past have worshiped numerous gods.  God commanded that there be no other gods before Him. So God was the one who used the term “other gods”. That’s good enough for me.

Yeah of course.  Gott mit uns!  (The only true God.)  Kill the heathens!

You guys are soooo predictable. :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

This forum and several members are constantly disrespectful to Jesus, God, the Bible, churches, Catholics, Baptists, preachers, pastors, et al. It is full of high and mighty posters also convinced of their belief, or lack thereof. They spend paragraph after paragraph bashing Christians, Jesus, God, the Bible, salvation, all of it.  Spare me the outrage. I do feel shocked and distressed when I read posts on this forum. It is difficult for me to believe some of the things I have heard here. 

BS. What you hear are questions about who or what God and Jesus are. The disparaging remarks are about people who refuse to leave any possibility they may be wrong, insist that their beliefs should be the de facto laws of the land (never brave enough to say outright that they should be law), and consign others to hell simply because of what they believe or don't believe.

If you get angry and interpret someone else's questions about your beliefs as attacks, that's a you problem. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What you hear are questions about who or what God and Jesus are.

It is not. Do not come on with the innocent as always BS you guys have perfected. 

“Yes it's myth.” Per your own Brother Homer regarding the Bible. Whom you agree with. 

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Yes it's myth.” Per your own Brother Homer regarding the Bible. Whom you agree with. 

Of course it's myth. 

Adam/Eve, Noah's ark, burning bush, walking on water. etc. etc.   It didn't actually, literally happen.

What happen to that openness to allegory you revealed earlier?  Perhaps your study of the bible has made you a fundamentalist?

Either way is fine for you, but make up your mind. 

I need to do a threat assessment.  ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

BS. What you hear are questions about who or what God and Jesus are. The disparaging remarks are about people who refuse to leave any possibility they may be wrong, insist that their beliefs should be the de facto laws of the land (never brave enough to say outright that they should be law), and consign others to hell simply because of what they believe or don't believe.

If you get angry and interpret someone else's questions about your beliefs as attacks, that's a you problem. 

Obviously I don’t believe I am wrong about God, Jesus, the Bible, and Salvation. That will not change.  The laughable part of your response: “consign others to hell”.  Attributing that to me is misplaced. God will do that when you arrive at the judgement seat if He finds you unfit. That is between you and Him. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Of course it's myth. 

Adam/Eve, Noah's ark, burning bush, walking on water. etc. etc.   It didn't actually, literally happen.

What happen to that openness to allegory you revealed earlier?  Perhaps your study of the bible has made you a fundamentalist?

Either way is fine for you, but make up your mind. 

I need to do a threat assessment.  ;D

I believe all those events did actually happen. As do many Christians.

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I believe all those events did actually happen. As do many Christians.

That's part of the reason why you and "many" Christians represent a threat to democracy and everything decent.  Pure conviction.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Obviously I don’t believe I am wrong about God, Jesus, the Bible, and Salvation. That will not change.  The laughable part of your response: “consign others to hell”.  Attributing that to me is misplaced. God will do that when you arrive at the judgement seat if He finds you unfit. That is between you and Him. 

What a exquisite example of passive aggressiveness!

:laugh:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

And that is fine to say but don’t tell me you are simply asking questions

:dunno:  Where did you get the idea I was "asking questions"?

Of course, none of this has to do with the OP, which was about the FACT that the Bible actually condoned many different forms of sexual relationships, and did NOT define relationships in terms of only only one-male-one-female. The Bible accepts many different forms of sexual relationships.

If you do not agree - you do not know the Bible! And you DO. NOT. ACCEPT. GOD'S. WORD!

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's part of the reason why you and "many" Christians represent a threat to democracy and everything decent.  Pure conviction.

A threat to democracy and everything decent because I believe the Bible as written is Truth.  😆

6 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

A threat to democracy and everything decent because I believe the Bible as written is Truth.  😆

No, because you and your conspirators  endeavor to shove your beliefs on the rest of society, turn our democracy into a theocracy.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

While that's essentially correct.... I don't think you really understand my point. 

True believers, - Christians and many other religions - have fostered immense evil in the history of our species.  Like I said, it starts with moral conviction.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1