2023 Softball - Clemson Regional Tournament

From a defense standpoint, Widra not helping us

Somebody posted this.  About what we expected.  Ridiculous. 

Screenshot_20230521_162204_Twitter.jpg

56 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

In softball, pitchers can throw MUCH more than baseball. I've seen teams throw their ace for the entire weekend for regional and supers. 

But even when their ace has struggled the likes of which Penta has in post-season play?

3 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

But even when their ace has struggled the likes of which Penta has in post-season play?

Even penta struggling means she holds Clemson to 2 runs. I'll take that.

Clemson's Clark gets more jacked up by a walk then getting a single. She yells her head off when she gets hbp but nothing when she gets a hit. Seems odd.

Geez Oklahoma finished their regional with a 16-3 run rule win over Cal 😆 they are ridiculous. Gasso said post-game she doesn't expect to run rule teams going forward.  Just had to laugh.  They might run rule the world series final lol

I dont think this is our day. Hope I'm wrong but the energy from the team minus Lisenby is lacking, and our offense has struggled in all but one game this regional. We would have to stop the bleeding and turn things around at the plate quick.

Dean mentioned in his on air interview he wanted batters to go deep into counts, but we continue to see very early pitch swings from our batters. Are they simply not listening?

Sure didn't give that pitch for Maddie for 2 games

• Like 1

This team never seemed to solidify a shot at a championship. Oklahoma has to loose this year for anyone else to win it all and I don’t see that happening more than once. 

Thank you ladies for all the work you put in. War Eagle! 

• Like 3

Great effort. Really wish we would bring in a top notch hitting coach in the off-season. WDE!!!

Edited by tigers23
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Great effort. Really wish we would bring in a top notch hitting coach in the off-season. WDE!!!

I’m available!  😁

I think we maxed out this year.  Like we thought, can't win on Maddie alone.  Fun season. Hopefully next year will be less frustrating 😆 find a way to hit the ball. 

A lot of fight...just wish we could score a few more runs and take the pressure off our pitchers....also the ump in the first game put a squeeze on home plate...I wish they had a box like they do for MLB games and you could see if the pitches were strikes or not...thanks for a good year...

Here is my issue with everyone saying this was a “good season” or a “fun season.”

it was not.

am i proud of the fight shown by the team? sure. 

But we have got to stop pushing the narrative that making it to a regional final is a good season, it’s not. In SIX YEARS, we have accomplished absolutely nothing. 

We have officially become the average team in the SEC that will get put out in the regionals every single year. 

I say we make the switch in coaches now before the current sophomore class graduates and Dean tanks this program completely. Another year in the books and another year left unsatisfied. 

sorry for the rant

war damn. 

• Like 3

• WarTiger changed the title to Softball vs Cal highlights

Usually when you have a dominator ace in softball you can ride them a long way in the post season. Obviously that wasn’t the case. Disappointing. 

11 hours ago, Big Fat Barner said:

Here is my issue with everyone saying this was a “good season” or a “fun season.”

it was not.

am i proud of the fight shown by the team? sure. 

But we have got to stop pushing the narrative that making it to a regional final is a good season, it’s not. In SIX YEARS, we have accomplished absolutely nothing. 

We have officially become the average team in the SEC that will get put out in the regionals every single year. 

I say we make the switch in coaches now before the current sophomore class graduates and Dean tanks this program completely. Another year in the books and another year left unsatisfied. 

sorry for the rant

war damn. 

I don't see Dean being fired for taking the team to a regional each year. Not yet. We have too many coaches on the payroll that no longer wear orange and blue. 

• Like 1