2023 3* Northwestern OL Transfer Dylan Senda Commits To AU!

bigbird

Northwestern OL transfer Dylan Senda commits to Auburn

Auburn has added a true freshman offensive lineman through the transfer portal.

Christian Clemente4 mins

Auburn has one more transfer addition on the way.

Offensive lineman Dylan Senda, formerly of Northwestern, has announced his commitment to Auburn. A true freshman that enrolled at Northwestern in January, Senda opted to take advantage of his opportunity to enter the transfer portal following the firing of head coach Pat Fitzgerald. Sources told Auburn Undercover that both Notre Dame and Penn State were involved in his transfer recruitment.

During the high school recruiting process, Senda committed to Northwestern all the way back in 2021 over schools like Michigan, Miami, Penn State and Missouri. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranked Senda as the No. 512 player, No. 43 interior offensive lineman and No. 12 player from Michigan.

From Divine Child high school, Northwestern had Senda listed at 6-foot-4 and 305 pounds on its official roster. A three-year team captain for his high school, Senda started in every game getting reps at center during his freshman and sophomore seasons, right guard as a junior and left tackle as a senior.

In the Class of 2023, Auburn signed Connor Lew, Tyler Johnson, Clay Wedin and Bradyn Joiner through the high school ranks, along with Izavion "TooTall" Miller from JUCO. Dillon Wade, Jaden Muskrat, Avery Jones and Gunner Britton all transferred in, though only Wade and Muskrat have more than one year of eligibility remaining.

247Sports scouting evaluation on Senda:

Will be able to play guard or center in college. Will be a bigger interior player. Multi-year starter with experience and is technically sound. Plays hard and has been consistent through his high school career. Has worked to improve his lateral agility and explosiveness. Will need to continue doing that and getting additional work in on flexibility and bend. Can move and get into the second level and plays with good balance. Higher floor prospect who will be a Power Five starter.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• toddc changed the title to Dylan Senda Committs/Oline from Northwestern

IMG_2960.jpeg

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 3* Northwestern OL Transfer Dylan Senda Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

You have to be a smart kid to get into Northwestern. He’s got brains . Hope he has horsepower. Glad we got him 

• Like 3

I’m excited about this one. Some Great o linemen come out of the north. Welcome Mr Senda!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m excited about this one. Some Great o linemen come out of the north. Welcome Mr Senda!

No doubt!!!!!

Glad to see an o lineman come in with size and impressive evaluation and offer list. Will he have 4 years of eligibility left?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WVR said:

Glad to see an o lineman come in with size and impressive evaluation and offer list. Will he have 4 years of eligibility left?

5 to play 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

This is great news. So will he join the team immediately?

Yes. This is his 1 time transfer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Any OL Iowa or Michigan pursued is welcome on my team.

Absolutely need more of those Braden Smith types 

Any O-linemen Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Northwestern want has the potential to become a very good o-lineman.  Great pickup. Freeze and staff keep pulling rabbits out of the hat. (Rabbits = Football Players). War Eagle and welcome to the family.                   

Man, Freeze, he is relentless. Lose one recruit, find another.  I've always maintained that when you find the right coach, the impact is immediate. Either recruiting or impact on record, hopefully both.  This reminds me of when Mack Brown was hired by Texas. Only better.  I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.  

• Like 2