Sobering Recruiting Stat

ellitor

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Sobering? Reads like a helluva good beer buzz to me!

@SumterAubie Sobering as in, Wow! We were that bad by our standards?!?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@SumterAubie Sobering as in, Wow! We were that bad by our standards?!?!

We were on our way to a Sun Belt roster with Harsin “leading” the way. I dont think we couldve gotten another coach who wouldve been able to flip this roster with quality players the way Freeze has done.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CR said:

We were on our way to a Sun Belt roster with Harsin “leading” the way. I dont think we couldve gotten another coach who wouldve been able to flip this roster with quality players the way Freeze has done.

Respectfully, I think Deion could have easily done it. I am just solely speaking on flipping the roster not the other stuff that would come with it

Edited by e808
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Are we sure Haskins didn’t take the job with the intention of getting fired so he could make a big donation to Boise? : P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Harsin just needs another recycle to keep building the relationships with HS coaches.

All is fine, stop being negative <yellow>

Edited by W.E.D
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

He thought he could coach up whoever he could get and be successful because that’s the way he did things at Boise.  When Derek Mason left after the first season you had to know something was way out of whack and Harsin’s days were numbered.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

He thought he could coach up whoever he could get and be successful because that’s the way he did things at Boise.  When Derek Mason left after the first season you had to know something was way out of whack and Harsin’s days were numbered.  

There were a lot of signs, even before Harsin's first spring practice that he was the wrong guy for Auburn. It just took some people another year and a half to accept that fact. The "hard for Harsin" crew had to die a slow and painful death.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Using composite team rankings we have already out recruited the Harsin2021 & 2022 classes in terms of total points and are 1 commit away from passing the 2023 class as well, with 6 less commits, in total points We are wanting to take 11-15 more high schoolers if we can find & land talent we feel is SEC caliber. In short, barring something crazy happening this class will obliterate the 2021, 22, & 23 classes in total recruiting points

Yet another reason to question why Harsin wasn't fired for cause! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hopefully the national media that pushes the narrative that Harsin was treated “poorly” by the Auburn fan base will take note at what can happen when a coach actually tries at Auburn.  They probably won’t though.  That doesn’t get clicks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

^^^^Knows from experience about hanging on to a dying coach

Still holding and hanging. I think he is glutton for punishment.

• Like 1

Way to go E.  Let's add this thread to the many Harsin Bashing threads already on the board.  I know you didn't intend this outcome, but that's what it turned into.

Why can't we let that pile of potato peels go for good?

Edited by ArgoEagle
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

There were a lot of signs, even before Harsin's first spring practice that he was the wrong guy for Auburn. It just took some people another year and a half to accept that fact. The "hard for Harsin" crew had to die a slow and painful death.

Could you please provide a detailed list of the "lot of signs even before Harsin's first spring practice that he was the wrong guy for Auburn"? He obviously was wrong for the job, and I don't doubt that you are 100% correct in your assertion. I'd just like to hear what these "early signs" of doom were. We all know that he hardly recruited and mailed it in after getting smeared on message boards about banging an imaginary imported Boise staffer. TIA.

Edited by tigeraddikt

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

^^^^Knows from experience about hanging on to a dying coach everything.

FIFY

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Way to go E.  Let's add this thread to the many Harsin Bashing threads already on the board.  I know you didn't intend this outcome, but that's what it turned into.

Why can't we let that pile of potato peels go for good?

Harsin bashing or not the stat was worth pointing out.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Could you please provide a detailed list of the "lot of signs even before Harsin's first spring practice that he was the wrong guy for Auburn"? He obviously was wrong for the job, and I don't doubt that you are 100% correct in your assertion. I'd just like to hear what these "early signs" of doom were. We all know that he hardly recruited and mailed it in after getting smeared on message boards about banging an imaginary imported Boise staffer. TIA.

Yes. Poor treatment of subordinate employees in the Athletic Department for starters. Anybody who craps on his subordinates is no leader. There are several posters here who either work in the Department or are closely connected. You don't remember the complaints and revelations? I do.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

^^^^Knows from experience about hanging on to a dying coach

Gus was never dying like Harsin did. How many losing seasons did Gus have? Oh wait! The answer is none.

Harsin had losing seasons, lost the financial supporters and lost his team. 20 scholarship players jumped ship after his first season, a number of them to other P5 schools. Yet we had people here hanging on to their Hard for Harsin dreams right to the bitter end.

@W.E.D Did it break your liddle heart when your boy had to tuck his tail and run back to Idaho?

• Like 3

On 8/6/2023 at 4:55 PM, bigbird said:

If 6 months gets us a top 10 class, I can't wait to see what this staff pulls off next year. 

With the way they're recruiting, this staff is definitely setting AU up for sustained success.  

• Like 3

On 8/7/2023 at 11:44 AM, e808 said:

Respectfully, I think Deion could have easily done it. I am just solely speaking on flipping the roster not the other stuff that would come with it

Deion’s class is currently not ranked in the top 60. Freeze is currently 15 or 16. As far as the portal goes, the only reason Prime’s class was ranked high is because so many kids left Colorado he had to sign like 50-some 3 star players out of the portal. Freeze lead all coaches in portal 4 stars, with 11 four-star players and they considered Thorne a three star.

In other words: it’s not even a close comparison.

Colorado has had 71 players enter the transfer portal since last August, causing a stir about what is happening in Boulder and how new coach Deion Sanders will manage the roster. It has been a staggering few months for the Buffs, who saw 47 players enter the transfer portal since the spring transfer window opened on April. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don’t worry Mikey, this is mostly the same crowd that said TJ would start in front of Heisman Trophy contender Bo Nix. Same crowd that said Alan Greene would be a great A.D. and was a great hire. Same crowd that said Harsin was a great hire. Same crowd that wanted Deion (or some even Grimes 😂) instead of Freeze. Same crowd that said Robbie would be our starting quarterback this season.

I could go on but you get it, don’t let them get to you.

On a sidenote: in practice number three, someone we know’s brother and father said Robbie was taking snaps with the third string only, (of course, only practice number three, but it is, what it was) while Holden was with the second string and first string (not the third at all) Thorne with the first and second string.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Don’t worry Mikey, this is mostly the same crowd that said TJ would start in front of Heisman Trophy contender Bo Nix. Same crowd that said Alan Greene would be a great A.D. and was a great hire. Same crowd that said Harsin was a great hire. Same crowd that wanted Deion (or some even Grimes 😂) instead of Freeze. Same crowd that said Robbie would be our starting quarterback this season.

I could go on but you get it, don’t let them get to you.

On a sidenote: in practice number three, someone we know’s brother and father said Robbie was taking snaps with the third string only, (of course, only practice number three, but it is, what it was) while Holden was with the second string and first string (not the third at all) Thorne with the first and second string.

I was always on the against Allen Greene side and it pissed a good amount of people off. The guy was never fit for Auburn . 

• Like 2