Sobering Recruiting Stat

ellitor

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Deion’s class is currently not ranked in the top 60. Freeze is currently 15 or 16. As far as the portal goes, the only reason Prime’s class was ranked high is because so many kids left Colorado he had to sign like 50-some 3 star players out of the portal. Freeze lead all coaches in portal 4 stars, with 11 four-star players and they considered Thorne a three star.

In other words: it’s not even a close comparison.

Colorado has had 71 players enter the transfer portal since last August, causing a stir about what is happening in Boulder and how new coach Deion Sanders will manage the roster. It has been a staggering few months for the Buffs, who saw 47 players enter the transfer portal since the spring transfer window opened on April. 

Auburn is also 4th overall in average rating. Colorado is 20th. 

55 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Auburn is also 4th overall in average rating. Colorado is 20th. 

Thanks for the info!

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gus was never dying like Harsin did

lmbo. Congrats Gus wasn't the all tike worse coach in Auburn history. That doesn't mean he wasn't rotting on the vine and dying

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

@W.E.D Did it break your liddle heart when your boy had to tuck his tail and run back to Idaho

Bless your heart. I led the charge to get him Fired and was accused of "playing a character" when I pointed out countless flaws after his initial press conference. 

A more ignorant comment couldn't be posted on a message board. Lmbo

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gus was never dying like Harsin did. How many losing seasons did Gus have? Oh wait! The answer is none.

Harsin had losing seasons, lost the financial supporters and lost his team. 20 scholarship players jumped ship after his first season, a number of them to other P5 schools. Yet we had people here hanging on to their Hard for Harsin dreams right to the bitter end.

@W.E.D Did it break your liddle heart when your boy had to tuck his tail and run back to Idaho?

Poison Ivy or Poison Oak? The both left irritation and lingering symptoms. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I could go on but you get it, don’t let them get to you.

They don't bother me in the slightest. If they did I wouldn't keep posting here. I find them more amusing than anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Poison Ivy or Poison Oak? The both left irritation and lingering symptoms. 

Poison Ivy and Poison Oak have a pretty much similar effect. Gus and Harsin are not similar.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Deion’s class is currently not ranked in the top 60. Freeze is currently 15 or 16. As far as the portal goes, the only reason Prime’s class was ranked high is because so many kids left Colorado he had to sign like 50-some 3 star players out of the portal. Freeze lead all coaches in portal 4 stars, with 11 four-star players and they considered Thorne a three star.

In other words: it’s not even a close comparison.

Colorado has had 71 players enter the transfer portal since last August, causing a stir about what is happening in Boulder and how new coach Deion Sanders will manage the roster. It has been a staggering few months for the Buffs, who saw 47 players enter the transfer portal since the spring transfer window opened on April. 

Again I was solely speaking about flipping the roster. It’s hard to make a fair comparison when u actually throw in the two schools . Even though Auburn has been down the last couple of years the body of work is light years better than Colorado . I have been all in on Coach Freeze from day one but if u switch the roles he probably has a hard time at Colorado. In the end Coach Freeze has the program moving in the right direction 

34 minutes ago, e808 said:

Again I was solely speaking about flipping the roster. It’s hard to make a fair comparison when u actually throw in the two schools . Even though Auburn has been down the last couple of years the body of work is light years better than Colorado . I have been all in on Coach Freeze from day one but if u switch the roles he probably has a hard time at Colorado. In the end Coach Freeze has the program moving in the right direction 

I was originally against Freeze because of the issues at Ole Miss but once we had him onboard I do believe in second chances and so far he has greatly surpassed my expectations. Now comparing Deion turning around Colorado versus Freeze turning around Auburn is not a fait comparison. Auburn is a football School with a strong fan base in the middle of prime recruiting territory. Our rich alumni and the fan base has come through with a strong NIL program. Colorado has never really been a football school does not have the fan base Auburn has and is not in prime recruiting territory. 

Even though we compete against GA and bama in our recruiting territory it is a rich territory and they both do a lot of national recruiting.  I am amazed at how fast Freeze has turned around recruiting but I always knew with the right coach we could compete in the recruiting battles. Turning around Colorado is a whole different can of worms. First they have to at least become respectable on the field so that Prime Time can start to convince 4* and 5* players that if they come they will have the support they will need. I seriously doubt even with the Deion name that they have anywhere near as robust an NIL program as Auburn.

Auburn brought in 4* players in the Portal Colorado brought in 3* players.  I am willing to bet NIL is part of the reason, then Auburns new facilities and the rabid fan base and Auburn is an easier sell.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I was originally against Freeze because of the issues at Ole Miss but once we had him onboard I do believe in second chances and so far he has greatly surpassed my expectations. Now comparing Deion turning around Colorado versus Freeze turning around Auburn is not a fait comparison. Auburn is a football School with a strong fan base in the middle of prime recruiting territory. Our rich alumni and the fan base has come through with a strong NIL program. Colorado has never really been a football school does not have the fan base Auburn has and is not in prime recruiting territory. 

Even though we compete against GA and bama in our recruiting territory it is a rich territory and they both do a lot of national recruiting.  I am amazed at how fast Freeze has turned around recruiting but I always knew with the right coach we could compete in the recruiting battles. Turning around Colorado is a whole different can of worms. First they have to at least become respectable on the field so that Prime Time can start to convince 4* and 5* players that if they come they will have the support they will need. I seriously doubt even with the Deion name that they have anywhere near as robust an NIL program as Auburn.

Auburn brought in 4* players in the Portal Colorado brought in 3* players.  I am willing to bet NIL is part of the reason, then Auburns new facilities and the rabid fan base and Auburn is an easier sell.

Great post. U put it into to context better than I did. I was speaking of Deion at Auburn which is way better than Colorado . 

Edited by e808

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes. Poor treatment of subordinate employees in the Athletic Department for starters. Anybody who craps on his subordinates is no leader. There are several posters here who either work in the Department or are closely connected. You don't remember the complaints and revelations? I do.

No I don’t specifically remember those, but I’m sure you’re correct. Just the wrong guy for the job. Glad we’ve moved on! Thanks for responding. 

• Like 1

Gus is gone, Harsin is gone. We all know the history. Who cares now? It is what it is, the past. Move on. Dang!!

• Like 6

On 8/6/2023 at 6:56 PM, ellitor said:

@SumterAubie Sobering as in, Wow! We were that bad by our standards?!?!

Sickening as in, WOW! Auburn paid multi-millions in salary & buyouts for years for folks to be that bad and in the process, lowered our own standards.🤮

Halleluia for a new day!

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Gus is gone, Harsin is gone. We all know the history. Who cares now? It is what it is, the past. Move on. Dang!!

@tbone4jc I get it but that stat was still worth pointing out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Same crowd that said Alan Greene would be a great A.D. and was a great hire.

For the record, I was 100% Alan Greene when he was hired.

Anyone who came in and cleaned up the plate of pure 'ish Jacobs left AND got the BOT on board to fund and build the FOF had my support.  Anyone who navigated the 1)Sunny Galloway fiasco,  2)Clint/Corey Myers fiasco,  3)Chuck Persons fiasco,  4)Track & field discrimination/abuse fiasco and patched up the constant "black eyes" at Auburn had my support.  

It turned out that Greene wasn't fit for Auburn in the long run, but the man should get credit for the job he did and the things he led Auburn through while he was here. 

Now, carry on bashing the man all you want. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Same crowd that said Harsin was a great hire Pat Dye 2.0

FIFY

The first time I read that, I barfed. And for some unknown reason, it caught fire and was regurgitated ad nauseam.

Some fans can really prop a HC they have zero clue about.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Turning around Colorado is a whole different can of worms. First they have to at least become respectable on the field so that Prime Time can start to convince 4* and 5* players that if they come they will have the support they will need. I seriously doubt even with the Deion name that they have anywhere near as robust an NIL program as Auburn.

Yup. He will turn Colorado into a 6-7 win program before he leaves. They have had ONE of those in the last FIFTEEN seasons. That's as high as you can take that program in this era. So he won't stay long.

I said during the AU coaching search that Prime will be a HC in the SEC within 5 years. My bet is MSU. Puts him right back into recruiting territory he knows.

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

For the record, I was 100% Alan Greene when he was hired.

Anyone who came in and cleaned up the plate of pure 'ish Jacobs left AND got the BOT on board to fund and build the FOF had my support.  Anyone who navigated the 1)Sunny Galloway fiasco,  2)Clint/Corey Myers fiasco,  3)Chuck Persons fiasco,  4)Track & field discrimination/abuse fiasco and patched up the constant "black eyes" at Auburn had my support.  

It turned out that Greene wasn't fit for Auburn in the long run, but the man should get credit for the job he did and the things he led Auburn through while he was here. 

Now, carry on bashing the man all you want. 

Most of Greene’s so-called accomplishments, were accomplished by the General when Greene wasn’t even showing up for work, he claims because of Covid. If he was so great, explain to me why there weren’t any other SEC teams, ACC teams, Big Ten teams, PAC 10 teams, wanting to scoop him up after his contract expired at Auburn? Why? Because he’s not any good, that’s why he was failing at Buffalo.

Using facts and statistics is not bashing. It is simply telling the truth. And in your case “the truth hurts“

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I observed that Auburns portal players had an equal/higher portal grade than they did high school grade - every single transfer.

Colorado was the opposite.  Every transfer of theirs had a equal/lower portal grade than high school grade.

found that very interesting.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

@tbone4jc I get it but that stat was still worth pointing out.

That was definitely not for you e!! It’s about all the rehashing who supported who and why they were right or wrong!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 7:12 AM, weagl1 said:

He thought he could coach up whoever he could get and be successful because that’s the way he did things at Boise.  When Derek Mason left after the first season you had to know something was way out of whack and Harsin’s days were numbered.  

What was Harsin's big selling point? It sure couldn't have been his dominance in recruiting.

9 hours ago, milehighfan said:

What was Harsin's big selling point? It sure couldn't have been his dominance in recruiting.

As far as I can tell, Harsin's selling point was that he shared a hot-tub conversation with then AD Allen Greene at some time in past years. Green decided at that time if he ever hired a football coach Harsin would be his man. Maybe other people know more but that's what I recall.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I am sad to admit I was one of the people that initially bought into Harsin.  His selling points were he came from a winning program that had limited budget. The school he came for was not in any major recruiting areas it was in the middle of nowhere but he was able to recruit kids and develop them and be competitive against bigger programs. The last coach we had like that was Pat Dye. He came in and said things similar to what Pat Dye said and first thing he did was increase recruiting budget and beef up recruiting staff. Beefing up the recruiting staff was why I thought he was on the right track. 

What I didn't know and didn't find out till later is he did not make any attempt to contact HS coaches, He didn't really connect with recruits and personally absented himself from the recruiting process as much as he could. He didn't like working with the money men another words anything that wasn't on the field he had no interest in.

He hurt Auburn big time, the only good thing I can say about him is because of him we got Freeze who understands recruiting is the life blood of a program and seems to actually enjoy that aspect of his job. Freeze is also social and works with the money men, the players, etc.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am sad to admit I was one of the people that initially bought into Harsin.  His selling points were he came from a winning program that had limited budget. The school he came for was not in any major recruiting areas it was in the middle of nowhere but he was able to recruit kids and develop them and be competitive against bigger programs. The last coach we had like that was Pat Dye. He came in and said things similar to what Pat Dye said and first thing he did was increase recruiting budget and beef up recruiting staff. Beefing up the recruiting staff was why I thought he was on the right track. 

What I didn't know and didn't find out till later is he did not make any attempt to contact HS coaches, He didn't really connect with recruits and personally absented himself from the recruiting process as much as he could. He didn't like working with the money men another words anything that wasn't on the field he had no interest in.

He hurt Auburn big time, the only good thing I can say about him is because of him we got Freeze who understands recruiting is the life blood of a program and seems to actually enjoy that aspect of his job. Freeze is also social and works with the money men, the players, etc.

I was right there with you, sir. Unfortunately i tend to support HCs too long. I did the same with Gus too.

13 hours ago, milehighfan said:

All Harsin had to do was keep the ship that Petersen built on auto-pilot and try not to crash into San Jose St, Colorado St and Wyoming and lose more than 3 games per season.

He was Mr. Irrelevant in AU’s draft after others told AU no thanks.

When it approached the last pick in the draft, there was no selling point other than a used car salesman list of forthcoming broken promises.

Congrats to him on walking out of his house and tripping on a gold mine.