Oliver "Chris" Anthony

LPTiger

On 8/21/2023 at 1:18 PM, Didba said:

I know, that is what we are saying. It was designed to resonate with many conservative people and it has done so.

Hence, why several of us that see through that have called it out as pandering, the song literally does what the Bo Burnham song makes fun of but even takes it a step further because it doesn't even hide the political pandering.

I am glad you like the song though.

Disagree with the take. You don't remotely have to be conservative to struggle financially. Not your best moment bro, no offense. Some of us actually work within inner cities and these people agree with the sentiment of the song. It is primarily insensitive elites who disagree, regardless of party. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 6:14 PM, 80Tiger said:

Trying to have discussion. All your reply is your opinion nothing factual. This is why I don’t come to this forum much because some wet behind the ears lawyer thinks he is so much smarter then everyone else’s. 

Hilarious. Sent this to my transaction attorney. Said Bragg and Willis killing our reputations. Who could argue that truth?

• Haha 1

This guy had no reason to think his lyrics would be as analyzed as they have been. A major star anticipates that, but even then folks interpret thru their own lens. I like his voice & his passion. Seems sincere in the video I posted. He could really cash in on the right wing circuit if he wanted to— doesn’t seem interested. The welfare line could have been better crafted if he’s going for a larger message than “welfare bad,” but I assume he’s just getting started as an artist. I hope folks will give him an opportunity to grow as an artist and person. I’m withholding judgement for now.

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This guy had no reason to think his lyrics would be as analyzed as they have been. A major star anticipates that, but even then folks interpret thru their own lens. I like his voice & his passion. Seems sincere in the video I posted. He could really cash in on the right wing circuit if he wanted to— doesn’t seem interested. The welfare line could have been better crafted if he’s going for a larger message than “welfare bad,” but I assume he’s just getting started as an artist. I hope folks will give him an opportunity to grow as an artist and person. I’m withholding judgement for now.

Missed most of his points. Partisan politics a big NO. Welfare bad a big NO.

• Facepalm 2

25 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

"Them" as in elite politicians. Political parties irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

He translated pretty well.

image.thumb.png.bb0c485ed583dba71d8b8bae8b0869d9.png

He also made the point to say "if you want to label me" go listen to my other songs.   Hear my whole body of work before you stick a label on me.   It would be interesting to know if any of the writers who were calling this young man names took the time. My guess is they labeled him a conservative bigot and moved on hurriedly to out the next one.   Lord knows we are everywhere if all you do is a cursory review.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

He also made the point to say "if you want to label me" go listen to my other songs.   Hear my whole body of work before you stick a label on me.   It would be interesting to know if any of the writers who were calling this young man names took the time. My guess is they labeled him a conservative bigot and moved on hurriedly to out the next one.   Lord knows we are everywhere if all you do is a cursory review.

People get so caught up on R vs D and Lib vs Conservative…and the media fuels it with exaggeration, propaganda, and lies…meanwhile the elite who control the uniparty are the ones we should be uniting against.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You his translator?

You obviously needed me. :comfort:

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

My yard needs mowing.

Don't you know grass is evil and must be eradicated?   First, we waste water and fertilizer on it.  And who knows where all that fertilizer utlitmatley winds up.    Second, we mow it with fossil fueled, inefficient IC engines.  Third, we bag the clippings in PLASTIC BAGS which are made with fossil fuels.   Fourth, Cows, goats, buffalo, deer, elk and all sorts of other animals eat it, pass gas and ultimately they go #2 all of which has resulted in global temps increasing  by no less than .0004 degrees in the past 100 years.   Go get you some environmentally friendly herbicide and kill that grass r/n.   Replace it with artificial turf.   That's what all the cool people are doing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I get frustrated with the word “elite”.  It’s a lazy term, not the problem, and whiny.  If you really want t control 90% of corporate influence - institute campaign finance reforms, term limits, and eliminate lobbyists. It’s not mind bending stuff. There should be no concept of career politicians. Any elected official that’s been in DC for over 15yrs is by nature screwed up. Any candidate, in any party, that advocated this would get my vote.  

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Don't you know grass is evil and must be eradicated?   First, we waste water and fertilizer on it.  And who knows where all that fertilizer utlitmatley winds up.    Second, we mow it with fossil fueled, inefficient IC engines.  Third, we bag the clippings in PLASTIC BAGS which are made with fossil fuels.   Fourth, Cows, goats, buffalo, deer, elk and all sorts of other animals eat it, pass gas and ultimately they go #2 all of which has resulted in global temps increasing  by no less than .0004 degrees in the past 100 years.   Go get you some environmentally friendly herbicide and kill that grass r/n.   Replace it with artificial turf.   That's what all the cool people are doing.

Lazy bastages use gas.

IMG_7799.jpeg

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

You may have just changed my life. 

image.thumb.png.266257522e06a8783ee3e21ec9a130c9.png

On 8/20/2023 at 2:04 PM, LPTiger said:

Dub, Oliver Anthony isn't speaking out against welfare fraud or people who otherwise abuse welfare i..e the pejorative "Welfare Queen."   "Welfare queens" can come in any size.   Anthony is making a much finer point and one that is entirely consistent with the authorizing legislation of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Act.    Anthony is arguing that the obese should not be allowed to use tax-funded assistance to contribute to their already existing health problem particularly at a time where we have homeless people starving to death.   "Lord, we got folks in the street (the homeless), ain't got nothing to eat, and the obese are milking welfare, Well God if you are 5 foot 3 and you're 300 pounds, taxes ought not pay for your bags of fudge rounds."  Online, the number of calories in 1 fudge round ranges from 150 to 260 calories.   A 12 ounce Sprite has 10 less calories.  The fudge round does not appear to offer any vitamin A or C.    If one were to eat 6 fudge rounds in a day, that is the equivalent of drinking 6 sodas. Anthony's position is entirely consistent with Congress' intent -- The authorizing legislation says that the SNAP program "is intended to alleviate hunger and malnutrition by permitting low income households to obtain a more nutritious diet."   SNAP prohibits alcohol and tobacco purchases.   But, efforts to regulate with some minimal nutritional requirements have always failed.  

At its most charitable, it's a bad lyric. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 3:17 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Disagree with the take. You don't remotely have to be conservative to struggle financially. Not your best moment bro, no offense. Some of us actually work within inner cities and these people agree with the sentiment of the song. It is primarily insensitive elites who disagree, regardless of party. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think Didba said that.