How unlikely was the W?

TexasTiger

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Certainly didn’t make that argument.

I thought likelihood was the topic. 

I don’t think this gets posted here had an improbable occurrence led to a statically strange L is what is comes down to. 

improbable things happen everyday. You could probably dig up lots more in our Ls than our Ws just by virtue of how probability works. 

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_8021.jpeg

But we win 100% of he time when our column T number is greater than the opponent. Only thing I am looking at this morning. Bet the fried chicken on the flight home last night was great.

I’ll always take an ugly win or a pretty loss anytime, but is there really ever a pretty loss. 
Cal because of whistle stopping play were denied at TD which like cost them 4 points. There FG kicker missed FG that we at AU expect to make. 
From my point of view Cal leaving missing FGs and getting a bad call on Thorne’s fumble which was returned for what appeared to be a TD plus the missed FGs had a major impact on our getting the win. 
I feel great that we left with the win and so glad to have Freeze and all our new players. 
I’m expecting better play moving forward this year and most importantly over the following several years. 

4 minutes ago, kingfish said:

getting a bad call on Thorne’s fumble which was returned for what appeared to be a TD plus the missed FGs had a major impact on our getting the win. 

Of course it did, but so did our 4 fumbles. 

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Of course it did, but so did our 4 fumbles. 

Not one of our 4 fumbles caused points, that should legitimately have been on the scoreboard, to be removed … which is   significant. These fumbles were not called by bad officiating. 

Edited by kingfish
Typos

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

But we win 100% of he time when our column T number is greater than the opponent. Only thing I am looking at this morning. Bet the fried chicken on the flight home last night was great.

Shhhhh - don't say that about the T column on a public thread. The other teams will figure it out😬