How stupid is Mel Tucker?

TexasTiger

With all that Michigan State has been through relative to title IX issues, the other question equally relevant is how stupid is MSU?  

The accusations surfaced last year and they are still investigating unbelievable behavior Tucker does not deny engaging in.

• Like 2

This is ridiculous. They've known since DECEMBER 2022 and only "fired" him now because the media found out this week. With the history MSU has that's unacceptable. Heads should roll for this.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This is ridiculous. They've known since DECEMBER 2022 and only "fired" him now because the media found out this week. With the history MSU has that's unacceptable. Heads should roll for this.

It's almost reminiscent of the SMU saga.  As though the administration somehow thought they could get through it without it getting into the public domain.  Pretty sorry state of affairs for Michigan State alum and fans.  I just do not see how they will justify the delayed move to act.

USA Todays story has a lot more details: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2023/09/10/michigan-state-football-coach-sexual-harassment-claim/70679703007/ 

The level of stupidity shown here by Tucker is indescribable. Some are saying this situation is nothing but a he said/she said, but at least according to the USA today article, This woman has been consistent in her claims and version of events while Tucker first tried to stop the investigation with his legal team by threatening the University, then after delaying his meeting with investigators for months finally did sit down for an interview and proceeded to tell easily disproven lies and inconsistent details about his communication and relationship with the woman. 

Certainly doesn't look good for Mel here. 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2023 at 12:03 PM, JerryAU said:

Wait... the sexual assault took place over the telephone?  And there's more than 1,200 pages of case documents? 

All she had to do is hang up. I’m going to say it’s some stupidity on his part along with some realization by the university that he was way overpaid. He’s getting railroaded….

• Like 3

Woman has done this before and it's a he said she said. It's probably consensual but she regretted it or wanted a pay day. In reality, who other than those two really know. Mel should have been smarter though. It's 2023 and he is a man of means. 

16 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Woman has done this before and it's a he said she said. It's probably consensual but she regretted it or wanted a pay day. In reality, who other than those two really know. Mel should have been smarter though. It's 2023 and he is a man of means. 

Well and he's married, probably the MOST important part of this. 

As stupid as I think he was to get entangled with someone brought to the University for this purpose, his legal arguments in contesting a firing for cause may be pretty compelling:

IMG_8099.jpeg

On 9/16/2023 at 11:42 AM, hutchids said:

This x1,000,000

79 million is going to be the most expensive phone call ever. On the radio, hosts said that the woman was supposed to speak to the football team. Mel canceled it and then the complaint was filed. Sounds like revenge 

The funny thing or not so funny, is this guy would rather be considered a cheater instead of humbling bowing out. “ I did nothing wrong, I just cheated on my wife.”