Robby Ashford: QB ----> WR

W.E.D

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure I believe the report of a move to WR. If it's true, HG should have got the mop up reps , not RA. If it is true, then I question the decision by Freeze/Monty to not put HG in.

Doesn’t make sense that he would lie about it, as sooner or later, he would show up there, unless it’s about some trick plays they were working on wanting to keep it quiet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure I believe the report of a move to WR. If it's true, HG should have got the mop up reps , not RA. If it is true, then I question the decision by Freeze/Monty to not put HG in.

I know for 100% certainty that RA took reps at WR 3 days in a row this past week. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

May be a way to get both QBs on the field a la Kody to Cam.

CHF said he needs to get Robby his touches. That doesn't necessarily mean at QB

• Like 6

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I know for 100% certainty that RA took reps at WR 3 days in a row this past week. 

Yes he did but they’re a handful or so of posters on here that are simply going to believe what they want to believe regardless of the reality of the situation.

• Like 1

It seems the coaching staff sees Ashford as the second best QB option to win games. Maybe not the second best QB on the roster but the best to build a scheme around if they have to go that direction 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Yes he did but they’re a handful or so of posters on here that are simply going to believe what they want to believe regardless of the reality of the situation.

Not saying I don't believe it. But it makes no sense to use RA as QB in mop up duty. Let HG get reps.  I just don't get this infatuation with making sure RA gets to play. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not saying I don't believe it. But it makes no sense to use RA as QB in mop up duty. Let HG get reps.  I just don't get this infatuation with making sure RA gets to play. 

It makes sense if Freeze thinks he’ll play a lot of QB if Thorne goes down. Doesn’t mean you don’t use him in other ways.

• Like 1

remember when freeze said he told four people about who the qb would be and it got out? i assume it was the players that he told. if so maybe robbie is supposed to be a secret to spring on someone so he was denying it to maybe stay out of the doghouse? i like to give our players the benefit of the doubt when i can.

22 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Thanks for clarifying; recruiting is just so huge nowadays. Both his mom and he were promised playing time versus him going to the portal. I believe that is why.

3 hours ago, woodford said:

So, will we see Robby line up as a wideout tomorrow?

I bet we do see RA at WR - wideout.  Something like what we saw in 2010 with Cam at wideout catching a fade from Kodi Burns. 

Although I think it will be more of a distraction play with Robby lined up out wide.  Could be a reverse or speed sweep type play.

If we made promises with playing time that's stupid. That's exactly how you get yourself right back into the predicament we were all in earlier

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUY2K said:

Could be a reverse or speed sweep type play.

Hope not. I like Cobb in that role. 

If Ashford is a wideout, would like to see go routes.