*Official Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread*

abw0004

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Idk peeps. I know things need to be worked on but the entire offense of scheme looks forced. Not sure how this helps u going into next week 

So put in Robby and just run the ball every play?

Or should we continue to work on the part of the offense that needs the most work?

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Idk peeps. I know things need to be worked on but the entire offense of scheme looks forced. Not sure how this helps u going into next week 

We'll go into aTm battle-tested against a veritable tour-de-force of the league's toughest defenses. I don't see how they won't be ready.

I can’t figure out if the SEC hasn’t gotten harder or easier, top to bottom. I honestly only see 2 games that I’d be comfortable calling a win for us. MSU and Vandy. But I feel like anyone can beat anyone else this year. 

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I think it feels forced because they are are spreading the ball around and working on what they think needs work

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

So put in Robby and just run the ball every play?

Or should we continuework on the part of the offense that needs the most work?

I def see both sides of it, but I will say there are a lot of plays that look forced and that we don't look comfortable in, more than I would like to acknowledge. I'm def curious to see how we grow, we need exponential growth come conference play, which we don't have a ton of time for that lol

1 minute ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Redzone Robby scoring TDs against this team won’t help us get better prepared for TAM. Thorne has to consistently finish drives on his own. 

Be nice if he’d start.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I can’t figure out if the SEC hasn’t gotten harder or easier, top to bottom. I honestly only see 2 games that I’d be comfortable calling a win for us. MSU and Vandy. But I feel like anyone can beat anyone else this year. 

What about New Mexico State?

Came in to declare it's a practice game and I see y'all have arrived at the same conclusion. They're working on stuff, there is no game-flow or reasoning lol. 

They'll practice ass beating in half 2

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I definitely feel like anyone can beat us.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I def see both sides of it, but I will say there are a lot of plays that look forced and that we don't look comfortable in, more than I would like to acknowledge. I'm def curious to see how we grow, we need exponential growth come conference play, which we don't have a ton of time for that lol

The best practice is game. However, usually in a game you worry about losing.

I don’t see Samford overcoming our D.

So this is extremely important practice. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

The best practice is game. However, usually in a game you worry about losing.

I don’t see Samford overcoming our D.

So this is extremely important practice. 

Def do agree, just hoping to see more fluidity to ease the nerves lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Bo’s long ball was EXTREMELY sporadic. That dude overthrew and underthrew a lot of guys. 

He was lights out against woeful teams like Samford. Stidham could also throw some dimes.

11 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Just hating on Aaron Murray? :dunno: :poke:

You talking about Aaron “6 inches short” Murray. Dude DID NOT score in that game.

• Haha 1

Side note, I STILL sometimes can't sing the Alma Mater melody right. 25 years later and the bass part surfaces from my brain to take over.

Not sure if Robby would be ideal in every red zone situation but he was definitely able to score on teams and that’s when everyone in the stadium knew what Auburn was doing.

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

He was lights out against woeful teams like Samford. Stidham could also throw some dimes.

Stidham has made some unbelievable NFL throws too.  We were very lucky and fortunate to have had him.  

Edited by AUTigergrad08