All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

Deon on Gameday this morning was incredible : funny, cocky, engaging, preachy and just all out entertaining. It was a great recruiting ad for Colorado. It was interesting to hear his view of how they hone in on recruits and that in his words they interview the recruits (not the other way around) to make sure they have the mental, physical and moral traits to be successful on and off the field. It will be interesting to see how this plays out this season. If you missed it, it is worth watching. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The thing is he could easily leave for another job and would take the whole team with him. It would be like what Kiffin did to TN x5.

Can only transfer once. It wouldn't be the same next time

1 hour ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Deon on Gameday this morning was incredible : funny, cocky, engaging, preachy and just all out entertaining. It was a great recruiting ad for Colorado. It was interesting to hear his view of how they hone in on recruits and that in his words they interview the recruits (not the other way around) to make sure they have the mental, physical and moral traits to be successful on and off the field. It will be interesting to see how this plays out this season. If you missed it, it is worth watching. 

Agreed. He was confident, but didn't come off arrogant. His approach to recruits put them in the mindset that they are competing to learn from him, a page from Saban's playbook. His interaction with the Rock was classic!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Can only transfer once. It wouldn't be the same next time

I think he loves the Colorado thing. Everyone said turning it around was structurally impossible. Imo The only thing that would make him leave is a high profile nfl team - which is looking more and more likely.

i hope sanders wins big tonight. his next two games are killers so it will be no cake walk. but i am all for him. i still cannot understand why someone makes fun of someone who wears shades and a ballcap. it just smells funny to me.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i hope sanders wins big tonight. his next two games are killers so it will be no cake walk. but i am all for him. i still cannot understand why someone makes fun of someone who wears shades and a ballcap. it just smells funny to me.

Agreed. He’s got elite skill players but you can’t build line size and depth in the portal in less than a year. Should be interesting to see how his ego handles taking some lumps from the bigger boys.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think he loves the Colorado thing. Everyone said turning it around was structurally impossible. Imo The only thing that would make him leave is a high profile nfl team - which is looking more and more likely.

He will not go to the NFL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

The same as why I don't understand wearing a sweatshirt hoodie in July but it's a generational cultural thing and it doesn't make me feel one degree hotter. It doesn't make Deion or anyone else less respectful imo. Now I fully believe in taking a hat off in church but for an interview?? Who cares? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

The same as why I don't understand wearing a sweatshirt hoodie in July but it's a generational cultural thing and it doesn't make me feel one degree hotter. It doesn't make Deion or anyone else less respectful imo. Now I fully believe in taking a hat off in church but for an interview?? Who cares? 

i have one hoodie and it is an auburn one but i do not wear it. most of my friends wear hoodies. i was just never that interested.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’ve always liked coach Sanders. He is making it ok to be confident as a HC. How will he act when he loses? 

i bet he learns from it. i imagine they are a work in progress. i hope he teaches csu's coach a little about class. there was no call for what was said and i believe it to racist. too many folks in this country are not ready for a black man who will tell you what is what. i plan to try and watch it if i can stay up. but i get up often at four or five and i have no idea why other than it is so peaceful then.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i bet he learns from it. i imagine they are a work in progress. i hope he teaches csu's coach a little about class. there was no call for what was said and i believe it to racist. too many folks in this country are not ready for a black man who will tell you what is what. i plan to try and watch it if i can stay up. but i get up often at four or five and i have no idea why other than it is so peaceful then.

Listen those comments in no way were racist and it’s hilarious you even saw it that way. Norvell just has an old school way of thinking. 

• Like 2

Colorado about to embarrass the hell out of state, but if they lose the haters will be out in full force. I am getting Cam Newton “dab” energy envy from this Colorado group.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Norvell is black, fitty. Pretty sure he’s not a racist towards other black people.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Norvell is black, fitty. Pretty sure he’s not a racist towards other black people.

ok. what a thing to say tho. why piss him off? i do not get it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

ok. what a thing to say tho. why piss him off? i do not get it.

He and Deion obviously come from different backgrounds. I don’t disagree with Norvell, but, yeah…why give them any motivation?

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He and Deion obviously come from different backgrounds. I don’t disagree with Norvell, but, yeah…why give them any motivation?

i barely glanced at norvell which is why i was shocked to find out he was black.

Y’all should watch what he did on the Fox pregame show. A true showman. 

They asked how the end of the game hand shake would go…he took off his hat and sun glasses and just stared into the camera….amazing. 

And right before he left their stage he turned around and faced the crowed and shouted…”they talk about my momma, that makes it?” And the crowd shouted “personal!”…they talk about my upbringing, that makes it? (Personal!)…they talk about…you get the drift. Probably did it 5-6 times over. The crowd was so loud yelling “personal” back at him. 

I’d do a lot of things differently in my on life, but you can’t deny he knows how to garner a following. Impressive. 

(I’ll be in interested how the tune potentially changes after the first loss, next 2 games are going to be tough)

It may not be the Iron Bowl, but they definitely don’t like each other (coach stuff this week definitely jacked it up).

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1