All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

On 11/13/2023 at 3:22 AM, AU-24 said:

Silly of me to try to break it down and explain it to you, and expect you to have the intellect to understand. Deion could grab an automatic machine gun and gun down babies, and you would make excuses for him. And of course, we all know why.

Eh Haters going to hate...

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

The story of the players Deion kicked off the team for not being good enough:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-colorado-players-were-told-154730246.html

Yeah I read that at lunch, I mean thats what happens in life, I don't always agree with it but it is what it is...Has happened over and over in my career, new ceo, new owner blah blah, lay off folks and keep who they think the best is. I know it hurts to learn that at a young age but its just how it is, in football and in life. If you have skills you keep your job if not you are looking for another opportunity, happens all the time...

Edited by bishoptf

On 11/30/2023 at 2:48 PM, bishoptf said:

Yeah I read that at lunch, I mean thats what happens in life, I don't always agree with it but it is what it is...Has happened over and over in my career, new ceo, new owner blah blah, lay off folks and keep who they think the best is. I know it hurts to learn that at a young age but its just how it is, in football and in life. If you have skills you keep your job if not you are looking for another opportunity, happens all the time...

It’s hard to Imagine the o linemen who were cut were worse than the ones CU played with this fall. But maybe they were. 

29 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s hard to Imagine the o linemen who were cut were worse than the ones CU played with this fall. But maybe they were. 

Yeah I dunno, same can be said for CHF or any head coach, they seem to want their own guys so to speak, just is what it is...

Deion named "Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year".  I'm very interested to see his upcoming recruiting class and progress next year.  Wonder if his coaching staff will have much turnover.

On 11/18/2023 at 1:27 PM, WillMunny said:

Also, I wonder what Shaddeur Sanders and Travis Hunter could have done in CFB had they chosen to play for a team commensurate with their talent level, like UGA or UA.  How much more NFL-ready would they be if they had played with and against top-level competition?  We'll never know.  In the end, it's their business and I hope they are satisfied with their decisions.

I'm not gonna be surprised if Deion turns out to be the next Nick Saban, or the next TAM version of Jimbo Fisher.  More likely, something in between.

I mean this applies to any elite talent that chooses to play on a team or in a specific conference which, more than likely, isn't commensurate with their skill level. I seriously don't think it matters in the grand scheme. They will go to the league and make millions regardless of where they were playing. Had they stayed at JSU it would have been the same result, because exposure matters. Not all the best players in the NFL played in the SEC. Many of the greats came from an HBCU even. 

Nonetheless, it's obvious Deion can recruit at the level of a Nick Saban, but until he gets the right pieces around him (just like any other coach building their roster) it remains to be seen how successful he'll be. 

19 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

I mean this applies to any elite talent that chooses to play on a team or in a specific conference which, more than likely, isn't commensurate with their skill level. I seriously don't think it matters in the grand scheme. They will go to the league and make millions regardless of where they were playing. Had they stayed at JSU it would have been the same result, because exposure matters. Not all the best players in the NFL played in the SEC. Many of the greats came from an HBCU even. 

Nonetheless, it's obvious Deion can recruit at the level of a Nick Saban, but until he gets the right pieces around him (just like any other coach building their roster) it remains to be seen how successful he'll be. 

Ive read several places that cds is using the kiffin strategy and focusing much more on the portal than high school recruiting. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ive read several places that cds is using the kiffin strategy and focusing much more on the portal than high school recruiting. 

Even Bruce Pearl has admitted to doing just that. 

Haters gonna hate but Deion will be on Good Morning America Monday morning. I mean I doubt we will ever see CHF on good morning america, now I know most will say wo cares etc...but IMHO, just another way to get his program being discussed etc...will be curious to see how they do next year.

2 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Haters gonna hate but Deion will be on Good Morning America Monday morning. I mean I doubt we will ever see CHF on good morning america, now I know most will say wo cares etc...but IMHO, just another way to get his program being discussed etc...will be curious to see how they do next year.

Hugh will be on the road recruiting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

On 12/1/2023 at 4:52 PM, GTNupe11 said:

Nonetheless, it's obvious Deion can recruit at the level of a Nick Saban

What are you basing that on? 

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

What are you basing that on? 

The only thing I can see in equal comparison is that they are in the same commercial together. Their is a major difference in their recruiting. 

While I do love cds and want him to be successful, I do think going to Colorado was potentially a mistake.     Their  program was terminally ill. Terrible Infrastructure, NIL, recruiting territory, and zero roster. Other than a pretty campus and view - it’s way beyond a simple fixer upper. Persona and brand are huge pluses - but practical things matter more so. The portal will help but imo  this is a  4-6 yr top to bottom  program overhaul, and the question is does he have the patience and fortitude to grind it out while getting the hell beat out of him to make it happen?

Edited by auburnatl1

• 2 weeks later...

He has the number 1 transfer class in the nation. He signed some big boys on the offensive and defensive line.... Now I'm sure nobody wanted to hear that, but I figured I'd mention since so many came on here and posted his recruiting was going so bad.

On 12/21/2023 at 10:38 AM, cole256 said:

He has the number 1 transfer class in the nation. He signed some big boys on the offensive and defensive line.... Now I'm sure nobody wanted to hear that, but I figured I'd mention since so many came on here and posted his recruiting was going so bad.

Kinda underwhelming to me. Though getting Seaton should guarantee at least one spot on that oline won't be soft soon.

Was expecting a top 25 class at start of season from him. He's sitting in the mid 40's as of right now. I get the transfer portal is nice, was nice last year too.... I just expected more commits from HS kids.

Also;

TX, FL, GA is where his recruits are coming from mostly

Colorado has gotta be a hard sell to them :lol: 

Deion Sanders is not making news because of his coaching. He is a celebrity and had one hell of a career in college, NFL and to an extent MLB. The fact that he is coaching is icing on the cake but that isn’t why people want to interview him and talk about him. He’s a magnet for the media. I don’t understand any so called hate against him. I like him mostly, I don’t agree with everything he says but i just don’t get why people can’t see people for who they are and what they bring. I can’t remember a time when he was in the news for anything scandalous or criminal and that’s a big plus for a public figure imo. … and yes, I like Freeze a lot just the same. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Deion Sanders is not making news because of his coaching. He is a celebrity and had one hell of a career in college, NFL and to an extent MLB. The fact that he is coaching is icing on the cake but that isn’t why people want to interview him and talk about him. He’s a magnet for the media. I don’t understand any so called hate against him. I like him mostly, I don’t agree with everything he says but i just don’t get why people can’t see people for who they are and what they bring. I can’t remember a time when he was in the news for anything scandalous or criminal and that’s a big plus for a public figure imo. … and yes, I like Freeze a lot just the same. 

I’m always puzzled when ESPN turns into a cheerleader of a particular coach.  They tend to do that for some coaches who work at ESPN and then return to coaching. Such as Myers and  Usually it doesn’t work out. I don’t think Sanders ever worked for ESPN, but they sure talked him up.  Probably because he’s doing a lot of commercials for companies that sponsor ESPN?

My reservations about him remain the same but CDS absolutely deserves credit for a three game improvement (this was nothing like 2012 Auburn or 2015 UCF) and a very strong transfer class + getting Seaton.

Edited by AUwent

Personally, I do not give a squat drop about Deion Luwynn Sanders. I am VERY glad Auburn did not hire him.

That said, I am glad to see him succeed at UC. I will not be watching their games I never watched any this year. But I hope he does well going forward.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Personally, I do not give a squat drop about Deion Luwynn Sanders. I am VERY glad Auburn did not hire him.

That said, I am glad to see him succeed at UC. I will not be watching their games I never watched any this year. But I hope he does well going forward.

Unless you are an AU only fan and not big on football as a whole you are missing out man.

The offense is exciting to watch, though reminiscent of Gus where alot of the time it's "can this army toilet paper Oline protect for a second before being torn through"

Yet when it's not Auburn it's not painful to see :lol:  

The big draw though is their 2 way player T Hunter. That dude is a baller. I only caught three Colorado games this year and in every one of them he had "Wow" plays. Like the type you wanna see the replay and in slow motion etc. Very fun to watch.

• Like 1

Wonder what kind of NIL does Colorado have to work with?  The transfer thing is working ok for Lane but I’ve heard it can be more expensive.  It’s hard to really make a judgement about last year.  TCU and Nebraska were nice wins early but ultimately not great teams.  They lost pretty soundly to the good teams and played some other teams closer than they probably should.  Can’t say much about the Stanford game after the way Auburn played NMSU.  If he can get them bowl eligible next season that will be a win.  

The Flip Meister strikes again!

Looks like Hugh just flipped Dieon’s D.C.  Kelly is expected to take McGriff’s on field position.

IMG_0944.png

Edited by gctiger

35 minutes ago, gctiger said:

The Flip Meister strikes again!

Looks like Hugh just flipped Dieon’s D.C.  Kelly is expected to take Zac Etheridge’s on field position.

IMG_0944.png

Where's Zac Etheridge going?