All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

Just now, AUght2win said:

Prime def is a narcissist. But that’s not new. So is Saban. And Shedeur annoys me too. “You’d have to be a fool to do that.” - on trash talking them. Between that and the coverage you’d think these guys were the 80’s U. In fact I’ve seen some comments saying that’s what CU is heading toward.

80's U? That's a bit much. 🙄

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Prime def is a narcissist. But that’s not new. So is Saban. And Shedeur annoys me too. “You’d have to be a fool to do that.” - on trash talking them. Between that and the coverage you’d think these guys were the 80’s U. In fact I’ve seen some comments saying that’s what CU is heading toward.

If he sticks around and recruits (he will), it will be fun to see where it goes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

What about it? It's okay to be objectively skeptical, but you kind of just seem like you're hating. 

Or maybe I just think their team isn’t any good and don’t want to crown their only two decent players Heisman and runner up? But hey the only possible way you could object to the media and fan worship is if you’re a “hater”, right?

We’ll touch base this time next weekend and see where you’ve got CU in your CFP rankings.

Just now, AUDrew said:

One man's narcissist is another man's swagger. 

I like it. 👍Can I copyright that?

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

If he sticks around and recruits (he will), it will be fun to see where it goes.

For sure. Just want to see it earned before the coronation. That’ll take care of itself. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

For sure. Just want to see it earned before the coronation. That’ll take care of itself. 

Agreed. It’s a fun storyline that I’m enjoying watching, and trying to take it as it comes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUDrew said:

One man's narcissist is another man's swagger. 

A lot of what Deion does is fun. But I’ve had a desire to see him get some comeuppance since he released the video of him humiliating the inherited players in the first meeting. 

That’s inexcusable. Say what you want to those guys and run the team the way you want. But behind closed doors. Really, really didn’t like that.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Agreed. It’s a fun storyline that I’m enjoying watching, and trying to take it as it comes.

For sure. Not trying to “yuck” anybody’s “yum”. The fact Colorado-CSU is an interesting game is great for CFB. 

• Like 1

Or maybe I just think their team isn’t any good and don’t want to crown their only two decent players Heisman and runner up? But hey the only possible way you could object to the media and fan worship is if you’re a “hater”, right?

We’ll touch base this time next weekend and see where you’ve got CU in your CFP rankings.

I just think you shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house, as if Auburn has played 3 good teams and looked good doing it. Just saying. I'm enjoying the ride. You should too, except you seem a little personally butt hurt about Deion winning, even resulting to call him a narcissist. The media coverage might be a bit too much but even a hater can realize when you literally bring in 80 new players and win in the ways they're doing, it's going to bring attention. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A lot of what Deion does is fun. But I’ve had a desire to see him get some comeuppance since he released the video of him humiliating the inherited players in the first meeting. 

That’s inexcusable. Say what you want to those guys and run the team the way you want. But behind closed doors. Really, really didn’t like that.

I will say, I agree with you on that.

I don't disagree with the fact that he had to churn the roster.  It was a bad and hard decision and he needed to do it.

But he played a bit too hard the Jimmy Johnson/Bill Walsh mold even though he never played for Jimmy or Bill. 

Both of them did that, but you're right, they did it mostly behind closed doors and didn't let anyone see.  He never played directly for either but he knew they did it and he played the role but for a stage.

I get it, it's the harsh reality of football and it's why Johnson and Walsh are NFL Hall of Fame Head Coaches and why Sanders wears rings that their successors won.

But no, you're right, don't do it in public. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I just think you shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house, as if Auburn has played 3 good teams and looked good doing it. Just saying. I'm enjoying the ride. You should too, except you seem a little personally butt hurt about Deion winning, even resulting to call him a narcissist. The media coverage might be a bit too much but even a hater can realize when you literally bring in 80 new players and win in the ways they're doing, it's going to bring attention. 

I, nor anybody I know, thinks Auburn deserves to be considered a contender right now. We aren’t acting like we’ve done anything for 3 mediocre wins. And that’s where we differ from Colorado.

• Like 2

They interviewed Deion’s son after the game. While he was excited by the win, he was definitely shaken up by what happened to Hunter. Hate it for the kid. Hope he’s okay.

6 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

There are a lot of people on here who have a personal vendetta against Deion because a part of the fanbase wanted him and probably still does, so they do not want to see him succeed to be proven right. Just like a few have made it personally with Lane for whatever odd reason. I am happy for Deion , I think this scare will humble as well.

I do think Colorado (I know I did) thought they would walk in there and the rams will just roll over. Colorado will have a bullseye on their back because of their moxie so they got to be enganged for four quarters. I do not see them beating a Bo Nix led Oregon team as I think their depth and line play is questionable: 

• Like 4

Also all things consider, Colorado one 1 game last year. One game, roster turnover or not, let’s not act like folks on here deep down did not think this would happen this quick. They are 3-0 and in a spot to really make some noise if they beat Oregon. That’s damn amazing. It’s great for Colorado, it’s great for Deion and it’s great for minority coaches (yes I am going to freaking go there as a minority). This is also something else that was talked about throughout the week. The hatred that he is getting at times is BS. Pure, blank period. People upset because Colorado is getting media coverage ? Come on man, that’s just goofy stuff. 

• Like 5

I loved the game last night. I’m so tired of everything in CFB being about Bama and UGA and Ohio St, etc…. I’m excited when underdogs and otherwise ‘have nots’ rise up to challenge status quo. Amidst the mess of NIL, transfer portal, and crazy conference realignments, last night was a reminder of how the great the actual game is. Exciting football.

Disclaimer: my son recently graduated from CU and lives in Boulder, but he’s a biochemist and doesn’t even know who Prime is. 😅

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DAG said:

There are a lot of people on here who have a personal vendetta against Deion because a part of the fanbase wanted him and probably still does, so they do not want to see him succeed to be proven right.

If you remember the site coaching candidate poll last year, he received the most votes. And some predicted what’s happening now.

• Like 1

Didn’t care for Deion when he was at FSU. They got assisted by officials on so many no calls last night. As far as minority coaches DAG, why aren’t you pulling for CSU coach? And what happened to the story of promoting HUBC  college players to the NFL? That went out the door when Colorado  came calling and he abandoned Jax State. 

• Facepalm 3

10 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Didn’t care for Deion when he was at FSU. They got assisted by officials on so many no calls last night. As far as minority coaches DAG, why aren’t you pulling for CSU coach? And what happened to the story of promoting HUBC  college players to the NFL? That went out the door when Colorado  came calling and he abandoned Jax State. 

Because I am talking about Deion? Why are you assuming I am not pulling for the Colorado state coach ? You didn’t even know who the Colorado state coach  was till last night. Do you know his wife is from Madison wisconsin, my stomping grounds? She is a cancer survivor and has spoken at Marquette a couple of times about it?  He is one of the few minorities in college football and that is what made his comments about Deion even more confusing.

Secondly, have you ever been to an HBCU? Do you know all Deion has done for the HBCU in his time there? He has done a s*** load for Jackson State. More than most people has ever done? You know how freaking poor and impoverished that community was and how much funding he bought to that school, not just for football but for the academic facilities that was vastly inferior and subpar to standards? I can talk about this all day. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Why is Deion the only one who gets s*** on for leaving for a better job?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i bet he learns from it. i imagine they are a work in progress. i hope he teaches csu's coach a little about class. there was no call for what was said and i believe it to racist. too many folks in this country are not ready for a black man who will tell you what is what. i plan to try and watch it if i can stay up. but i get up often at four or five and i have no idea why other than it is so peaceful then.

It wasn’t racist.  It was perplexing, but not racist.

Norvell also talked about how proud he was to be in this game with two AA HC’s coaching the two teams, it just isn’t attention grabbing like his comment about Deion’s apparel choices. 

With that being said, the next two weeks are probably going to humble Prime a bit.  Its also looking like he is going to be without Travis Hunter.

“Deion Sanders has had a lot of public critics. I’m not one of them,” Norvell said. “I really respect all head coaches and the sacrifices that they’ve had to make to become head coaches. I appreciate the path that they have to go through to get there. Especially African-American coaches. I was happy to see Deion get his opportunity. I had to wait a long time to get mine.

“I’m really proud to represent CSU and play in this game. We have two African-American coaches representing the schools in this state. I think that’s very unique. It holds a lot of weight. I’m really proud to be a part of that. This game is special.”

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1