2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

Zalance Heard is visiting Oklahoma & Tennessee this weekend - still no mention of Auburn. I’m just not impressed with Thornton. OL is STILL the biggest need on this team (specifically OT). The Blindside Left Tackle is the most important position outside of the QB, and we haven’t had someone to fill that role since Greg Robinson in 2013. That should be our #1 priority. It doesn’t matter how many 5* WR’s we have and who the QB is if we can’t protect the QB.

YGTBKM, Salter withdrew from the TP.

So with that in mind, who's left? 

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

Is there even a deadline for players to withdraw?

Edited by AUwent

11 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Pat this absolutely sucks .

we need a qb . Everyone knows it. 

dang it 

• Like 1

Salter got to Auburn…. got his NIL offer. Learned he will have to compete for the job. Talked to his WR buddy visiting at the same time and they both packed it up and went home 

• Like 1

Just now, GreenTiger said:

Salter got to Auburn…. got his NIL offer. Learned he will have to compete for the job. Talked to his WR buddy visiting at the same time and they both packed it up and went home 

That was quick, just got to AU today LOL

2 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Is that true or are you just speculating?

I hope I eat these words. But , currently, we absolutely SUCK at working the transfer portal. It's like Freeze is clueless. It's astounding. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Zalance Heard is visiting Oklahoma & Tennessee this weekend - still no mention of Auburn. I’m just not impressed with Thornton. OL is STILL the biggest need on this team (specifically OT). The Blindside Left Tackle is the most important position outside of the QB, and we haven’t had someone to fill that role since Greg Robinson in 2013. That should be our #1 priority. It doesn’t matter how many 5* WR’s we have and who the QB is if we can’t protect the QB.

Not sure it matters at this point. We don't have a QB to protect 

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I hope I eat these words. But , currently, we absolutely SUCK at working the transfer portal. It's like Freeze is clueless. It's astounding. 

Freeze admits he’s not good at it.

Even if Salter didnt come here, he was drawing interest from several big schools. Why go back to Liberty?

Ma

22 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Freeze admits he’s not good at it.

The problem with that is that now it’s become just as big as HS recruiting, if not more so. Perfect example of how one has to change with the times. Adapt or die.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CR said:

Even if Salter didnt come here, he was drawing interest from several big schools. Why go back to Liberty?

Maybe he couldn't get in elsewhere. I don't know, it's strange 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Maybe he couldn't get in elsewhere. I don't know, it's strange 

It’s definitely odd. Maybe Falwell made an offer we couldn’t or wouldn’t match? Curious to see what the WR does. Were they hoping to be a package deal? Did we only want them as a pairing??? So much smoke!   

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Pat this absolutely sucks .

we need a qb . Everyone knows it. 

dang it 

It does. Maybe we should sign our coaches up for Lane’s online course “How to Portal”?

• Haha 3

We will soon find out if portal or HS recruiting is more important. I’m leaning towards the art of portaling  being the more important factor for success. 

33 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

It does. Maybe we should sign our coaches up for Lane’s online course “How to Portal”?

Portal for Dummies lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

We will soon find out if portal or HS recruiting is more important. I’m leaning towards the art of portaling  being the more important factor for success. 

They’re tied together, as Hugh will learn with his first big class soon enough.

Rough day all the way around.  OC and DC gone (could be good or bad, remains to be seen).  Salter's exits the portal.  Scott enters the portal.  Beyond today, the portal season has been very weak.  Only good things that have happened lately is Kelly being hired and a good HS recruiting class.  The latter could dissolve with another subpar season.  Still a long way to go and a lot could happen, but right now things are not looking good for the foreseeable future.  I really hope I am wrong, and thing turn around soon.

I heard that the salter kid has the same major as the qb from coastal Carolina which Auburn doesn’t offer?