NPR: Doctors in Gaza describe the war's devastating impact on health care — and civilians

DKW 86

Doctors in Gaza describe the war's devastating impact on health care — and civilians

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2023/10/13/1203503616/doctors-in-gaza-describe-the-wars-devastating-impact-on-hospitals-and-health-car

Got to listen to NPR today. I got just sick as hell. It was basically wall to wall wailing about Israeli Atrocities like:

Dropping Leaflets to let them know to get out of the way. I wonder if Hamas dropped any leaflets warning the Israelis they were coming. That answer is of course no.
Cutting the water and power off was an act of war, and of course far worse than the real act of war murdering innocent women, children, babies, aged people. Yes utilities being denied are of course far far far worse than actually being murdered in cold blood. 
Being allowed to leave your home before the fighting starts. Leaving your home alive and then your home getting destroyed is also of course far worse than being cold bloodedly murdered in your home that is being blown up. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

David, I suggest you take a vacation from the news.

39 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Maybe a vacation from the binary world?  Reality is more complicated but,,, far less emotionally exhausting.

Seig Heil Bitches....

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Seig Heil Bitches....

Keep going Dave, you are over the target.  Fire for effect.

38 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Seig Heil Bitches....

It’s sieg, you lunatic. 

Israel has a lot of moral capital following the attack, yes, but when images of scores of dead children by their hand start circulating the concept of the invasion being just is going out the window. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It’s sieg, you lunuatic. 

Israel has a lot of moral capital following the attack, yes, but when images of scores of dead children by their hand start circulating the concept of the invasion being just is going out the window. 

Nice picture Ben, I wonder what the fire ball is from.  They must have hit a gas line, right?

Jews believe in the Bible, they have never acknowledged Jesus and his teachings.  Hamas is a terrorist organization and, in the mind of Iraelis, need to be eliminated.  Hiding behind the innocent during war is a war crime and it is obvious that is what Hamas is doing.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Nice picture Ben, I wonder what the fire ball is from.  They must have hit a gas line, right?

Jews believe in the Bible, they have never acknowledged Jesus and his teachings.  Hamas is a terrorist organization and, in the mind of Iraelis, need to be eliminated.  Hiding behind the innocent during war is a war crime and it is obvious that is what Hamas is doing.

Hamas does that by design, and a disproportionate response is *exactly* what Hamas is banking on here. 

We all agree the world would be better off without Hamas, but mowing down unoffending people to do so because of some ham handed appeal to “collective guilt” will only make things worse. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hamas does that by design, and a disproportionate response is *exactly* what Hamas is banking on here. 

Agreed, they hide behind the innocent and will take advantage of the Western press to gain sympathy.  It’s worked amazingly well.

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We all agree the world would be better off without Hamas, but mowing down offending people to do so because of some ham handed appeal to “collective guilt” will only make things worse. 

It might, but it seems Irael is willing to take the fallout.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Thou shalt not kill?

Eye for an eye?

Turn the other cheek?

It’s *Thou shalt not murder* and you know that.

Yes.

New Testiment, the Jewish religion does not acknowledge Jesus, you know that too.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Agreed, they hide behind the innocent and will take advantage of the Western press to gain sympathy.  It’s worked amazingly well.

It’s human to sympathize with a woman cradling her dead child. 

Palestinians are not collectively guilty. Hamas is. Innocent people will die here. 

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

It might, but it seems Irael is willing to take the fallout.

They get no pass from me. I understand the reaction. I do not condone it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Palestinians are not collectively guilty. Hamas is. Innocent people will die here. 

They already have, on both sides.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

They already have, on both sides.

The proper response to an attack that kills innocent people is not to kill innocent people in turn. 

Collateral death is inevitable but Israel needs to find that balance if they want to be considered the good guys here. 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is it wrong?

How can you deny Jesus and,,, "believe in the bible"?

Moreover,,, it shows how important "belief in the bible" is.  Does it even have meaning?

Moreover,,, it shows this conflict has nothing to do with God but possibly, everything to do with religion (a human interpretation, perversion, exploitation of god).

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The proper response to an attack that kills innocent people is not to kill innocent people in turn. 

Collateral death is inevitable but Israel needs to find that balance if they want to be considered the good guys here. 

The measured response is eliminating Hamas.  If Hamas’ leaders would see the damage being done to their citizenry and release he hostages, step down from power and declare an unconditional surrender this would be over.  What are the chances?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

The measured response is eliminating Hamas.  If Hamas’ leaders would see the damage being done to their citizenry and release he hostages, step down from power and declare an unconditional surrender this would be over.  What are the chances?

Hamas doesn’t give a s*** about the people they supposedly govern. They are a tool, a means to an end. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Hamas doesn’t give a s*** about the people they supposedly govern. They are a tool, a means to an end. 

I know, the rest of the world doesn’t.  That is why they (Hamas) needs to be eliminated.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

they hide behind the innocent and will take advantage of the Western press to gain sympathy.

The media in the U.S. has supported Israel.  There is almost no support for Hamas.  There is, and should be, sympathy for Palestinians.

I know, the rest of the world doesn’t.  That is why they (Hamas) needs to be eliminated.

How many innocent people need to die for that to happen. 

But at what cost?

If you have to be more barbaric than the "barbarians",,, is there a point?  Inhumanity is inhumanity.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It’s sieg, you lunatic. 

Somehow I knew you would know...(thanks for the correction.)

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

How many innocent people need to die for that to happen. 

How many have to die in Israel before they can go to their homes in safety? How many?