NPR: Doctors in Gaza describe the war's devastating impact on health care — and civilians

DKW 86

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I won’t pretend to know how to pull off 1. 

Sadly, very sadly, I dont think we have any answers that are answers humans would give. 

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

This is a very honest answer. Thank you. I agree 100% with you. 

I watched some video today of some 8-12 yo boys in Gaza. They are completely brainwashed. I cant see them ever changing their minds nor ever accepting Jews in Israel, or anywhere else for that matter. Watching them was like watching documentaries on the Hitler Youth. They eventually fell away from the brainwashing because after the defeat they stopped getting fed the propaganda. it still took 2-3-4 years before their thinking started to really change course. In Gaza, under Hamas, they are getting a steady daily fill of the same hate filled propaganda. We cant stop that. Their fathers and their religious leaders continue to feed them lies and hate daily. I dont have a clue short of an almost supernatural intervention how to break the cycle. They are raising and continue to raise up more and more that take up the Hamas Banner. 

I cannot blame the children. They are children and the adults around them are feeding them extremeist rot. If you cant stop the hate, the only thing you can do is stop the killing. And unfortunately that action may be the worst and only choice.

Ultimately, the long term goal of normalizing relations with Saudi Arabia is the best possible start. If you want to be able to begin that deradicalization campaign, you need to start with finalizing the bulwark against Iran, thereby loosening Hamas’ grip on the people of Gaza. 

Israel’s response, while understandable, jeopardizes that. It exactly what Hamas was aiming for.

Again, Israel is walking in to a trap. 

• Like 1