*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

Well that will probably kill all hopes of a come back.

This team looks lost in all aspects of the game. So poorly coached. I hope this is as bad as Hugh squads get, because this is for the birds.

• Like 1

Just now, milehighfan said:

Not only are their receivers open, they are so open I could get it to them...maybe.

But could Thorne ... 🤔

• Haha 1

Just now, milehighfan said:

Not only are their receivers open, they are so open I could get it to them...maybe.

Is it the scheme…or the players?

22 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

It was sarcasm because so many of our fans keep saying we will beat Alabama because "Hugh beat Bama in 2014 and 2015." 

I think we beat Mississippi State and New Mexico State because we get them at home. I think we lose at Arkansas and the game at Vandy will be a struggle. We very well may end up 5-7 again like last year. 

People can deny it all they want to but Ole Miss has taken our place in the West. They're a solid #3 team in the West for nearly all of the last 3 seasons. If you take out those last games last season where Kiffin was in talks with Auburn, he is 22-5 the last 3 years with a Sugar Bowl appearance. Not bad for Ole Miss. 

Our fans blame all the Liberty losses at the end of last year on Freeze being in talks with Auburn. If that is an excuse, then Kiffin losing 4 of his last 5 last season can also be blamed on him being in talks with Auburn at the same time. Ole Miss was 7-1 when Lane began talking with Auburn.

That’s some true eye opening facts you pointed out. I’ve never doubted HF and his ability to recruit, but outside of that, I’ve never been convinced he’s anymore of an O guru than we had with GM, not to mention they both came from Arky HS to start. I’m obviously not giving up on him in any sense of the word, but my point is GM didn’t exactly stack the box for Harsin and currently I saw more fight from this program the 4 games Caddy coached last year. I was willing to give BH 3 years, but he was lost. I just think with the way the portal and NIL work now, good coaching and recruiting as always is imperative, but what is our 5 star WR going to stick with a program under a supposed HC QB guru, when by all accounts he’s ruined a 2 year starter in the BiG 10. Something is sorely missing and in the end that’s what and why an SEC HC is handsomely rewarded. I love AU, but my trust and confidence in leadership at the University is almost gone. 

Just now, e808 said:

Terrible effort on that blitz

Yes - and not so sure it was the right call to make. Needed to keep all the receivers under cover there in the red zone(or close to red zone) to force some tight throws - not some easy wide open slants

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

Clean pocket every drop back.

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

That LSU 3d & 2 was a perfect example of Auburn D staff having the PERFECT call and an AU player not executing it.

Flying in out of control and diving at a runners feet got your ass on the pine back in the day.  Piss poor technique.

• Like 1

Just now, Never2Yield said:

But could Thorne ... 🤔

I think he could if they could get that open. 
Im still not sure if it’s the scheme or the talent that keeps our guys from getting open.

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

LSU made it look easy. AU has no strength period. Damn 

We barely have a first teamer at every position. We have zero depth. The D is playing very good, until they get tired. O is a dumpster fire.