*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

I was hoping we could start at least laying a foundation this year. Auburn looks like a team that just figured out passing was an option and is trying it for the first time. Absolutely can't figure out why passing is so hard for us.  Talent execution I'm sure.. But the lack of passing year after year has left nothing to latch on to and grow. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can someone tell me what the difference is in this and Gus/Harsin, as far as on the field play goes? 

Gus and Harsin had talent and ran it down to nothing.  Freeze inherited almost zero talent.  Freeze is being asked to make it work with much, much less.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can someone tell me what the difference is in this and Gus/Harsin, as far as on the field play goes? 

I mean everyone wants to blame Gus for recruiting and it’s true but I remember him putting some competitive offense out there.  At the very least we won games we shouldn’t.  Harsin just never really bought into the job and just collected money from Auburn.  

• Dislike 1

Yeah, unfortunately this is exactly what I thought might happen.  Our offense just has no identity whatsoever.  We can’t beat air, much less the worst defense in the SEC.   And our banged up secondary just can’t keep up with these LSU athletes, especially with zero pressure on the QB.   Our holes in our roster are just too glaring right now!!!!

A bye week to prepare for a subpar lsu team and this is what we muster, smh, I knew we had a long way to go but this is literally d2 level ball we are playing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Defense has no pass rush. It was a matter of time that this would happen. Oh plus they have 0 faith in the offense, rightfully so.

Defense is tired. Offense hangs them out all game 

sad but looks like this team has given up

said it week 1 & got blasted but … Thorne can’t play … dude is terrible … agree with the post above … stop with the rotation … Ashford can’t be effective as a runner without the threat of him passing 

throughly unimpressed with the OC … absolutely horrible play calling 

I will say this if Freeze's team keeps playing like this threw the rest of the year and into next not sure he will make it to year three...this is as bad as harsin's coaching, actually harsin's first year should more promise but this is a dumpster fire....

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Holden Time yet?

We're down by 70.  let's keep the running QB out there.  I'm sure that' work

Just now, abw0004 said:

Gus and Harsin had talent and ran it down to nothing.  Freeze inherited almost zero talent.  Freeze is being asked to make it work with much, much less.  

This. We simply don't have the dudes. All the coaching in the world isn't going to change that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1