Freeze obv deserves a mulligan on this season regardless, but

Dual-Threat Rigby

Considering the bye week and, how well we were prepared to play (the first quarter was simply magical),,, mulligan?

Obviously a contract extension is the correct action.  TBA after we beat Vandy on a last second field goal.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Considering the bye week and, how well we were prepared to play (the first quarter was simply magical),,, mulligan?

Obviously a contract extension is the correct action.  TBA after we beat Vandy on a last second field goal.

Just hold on and have faith. I feel every pain expressed on this board. We do that well against UGA and get mudholed by LSU. <smh>

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know we all are deeply disappointed by last nights game and our impotent offense, but the season is only half over. I am looking forward to being at the next two home games and hope we will see much better coaching and player performance.

Before the season started, I was hoping for 8-4, but would have been “ satisfied “ with 7-5. Now, I just pray for 6-6 and a bowl game plus a very competitive Iron Bowl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s important to remember this is just a game you can turn off at any point. If it’s causing you real pain the next morning after, there’s nothing wrong with a break

Not real pain just reflection. You can always control your effort and preparation. Honestly this how I act most of the time. Don’t pay me no attention, but you can’t deny what I said wasn’t  accurate. Could have been said more elegantly of course. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Just hold and have faith. I feel every pain expressed on this board. We do that well against UGA and get mudholed by LSU. <smh>

I would like to.

But,,, after a bye week,,,

When does this nightmare end?  We are not improving.  The first quarter was pathetic, embarrassing.

• Like 2

I think if we could ask Freeze in private, he would say he didn’t realize our talent was this low compared to the rest of the West. He looks exasperated on the sidelines. I feel like he can recruit us out of this. If he can’t, I don’t know who can( other than Deion)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jluvah said:

I think if we could ask Freeze in private, he would say he didn’t realize our talent was this low compared to the rest of the West. He looks exasperated on the sidelines. I feel like he can recruit us out of this. If he can’t, I don’t know who can( other than Deion)

Looks really bad actually. Just his whole affect looks bad.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I would like to.

But,,, after a bye week,,,

When does this nightmare end?  We are not improving.  The first quarter was pathetic, embarrassing.

Ditto

14 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Ditto, CHF knew this day was coming. But it is not his fault. But he/we need to deal with the crap sandwich and move on as fast as we can. One thing, if I am a really good QB, I would come see Auburn because I could start playing here almost immediately.

• Like 2

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Ditto

Ditto, CHF knew this day was coming. But it is not his fault. But he/we need to deal with the crap sandwich and move on as fast as we can. One thing, if I am a really good QB, I would come see Auburn because I could start playing here almost immediately.

Immediate playing time at QB, behind this OL (or any we have had for the past 8 seasons), is more likely to get you in the obituaries than on the sports page of the Sunday paper.

• Haha 2

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Immediate playing time at QB, behind this OL (or any we have had for the past 8 seasons), is more likely to get you in the obituaries than on the sports page of the Sunday paper.

True. 😀

36 minutes ago, jluvah said:

DEION, is currently sitting at 68 in the country with 3 4 stars and 6 3 stars and scanning ON3 top recruits the great majority are already committed so if he is going to prove his prowess as a recruiter he had better start now in flipping a large volume of the top recruits.

Edited by Carnell

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

The more the season goes on Cobb will get more and more carries and not look back

Yup. Cobb should have immediately taken over Alston's carries when he went down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yup. Cobb should have immediately taken over Alston's carries when he went down.

Viper I like this post. Cobb has another gear . Almost a bigger Batte type back

• Thanks 1

I understand a rebuild. I understand our talent issues. I did not expect to win last night. I did not expect to be other than 3-3 at this point in the season. But I do expect to see improvement. And effort. And a well-prepared team. I expect, after poor showings in our 1st two road games to be better, not worse, in our 3rd. I expect not to have to call a TO on our 3rd offensive play because of confusion, especially after 2 weeks to prepare. I expect to have to be patient during a rebuild, & I fully intend to be. But I confess that after last night my confidence that Hugh will accomplish the rebuild took a hit. It's not gone, but there's a bruise where there wasn't before. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

I understand a rebuild. I understand our talent issues. I did not expect to win last night. I did not expect to be other than 3-3 at this point in the season. But I do expect to see improvement. And effort. And a well-prepared team. I expect, after poor showings in our 1st two road games to be better, not worse, in our 3rd. I expect not to have to call a TO on our 3rd offensive play because of confusion, especially after 2 weeks to prepare. I expect to have to be patient during a rebuild, & I fully intend to be. But I confess that after last night my confidence that Hugh will accomplish the rebuild took a hit. It's not gone, but there's a bruise where there wasn't before. 

My sentiments exactly.  

Our fans don’t have lofty championship aspirations this year, we fully understand the roster situation.  We do however, expect to see a well prepared team and a coach that put together a plan to put the best players in position to be successful on the field.  That silly QB rotation last night was dumbfounding and illogical to anyone watching it transpire. 

Why does this offensive scheme look so Gus-like, when defenses figured that crap out yrs ago?  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Good points, my feelings exactly.  In addition, the timeouts you are talking about can somewhat be used in reverse.  For instance, in our last drive before the half we had 2 timeouts left but we continued to hurry the play and did not use the 2 TOs we had and we took them to the locker room.

2 hours ago, jluvah said:

Hugh tells us pretty much all the time that this roster can’t compare with the rest of the West, in fact he says it weekly that we have inferior players.

He’s haggard and worn down and looks worse than he did in his doom and gloom pressers he gave years ago when he had Ole Miss under NCAA investigations and Houston Nutt was collecting his cell phone records while OM was terminating him.

He appeared highly agitated, frustrated and confused on the sideline last night.  He’s got to find answers and get his team’s attitude in a better mental state fast.  Get those AU sports psychologists on the AD staff working massive overtime this week, they need to be burning the midnight oil with the rest this coaching staff. 

• Like 1

Not sure what the expectations were for this season but one of the best teams in Auburn history lost by 14 at LSU in 2013. That team had Heisman finalist Tre Mason, #2 draft pick Greg Robinson, NFL receiver Sammie Coates, and Nick Marshall at QB. We also had first-round draft pick Dee Ford on defense. We are terrible in Baton Rouge and have been for a really long time.

Last night #10 USC with a Heisman QB lost by 28 to Notre Dame. #19 Washington State lost by 38 to Arizona. 

We need some realistic perspective because we have very few NFL players on this roster, let alone first-round draft picks like that 2013 team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

This was the issue I had. Team looked lost after coming off a bye week. A win, maybe not, but no way they should have gotten beat by 30 after a bye. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by PikesEagle
changed something
  • Thanks 1

The logical thing to do is start Ashford and run a ground n' pound offense that utilizes short, quick passes with heavy play action gratuitously sprinkled in. 

I say that because Thorne is hella inaccurate for a Junior QB with loads of experience, and the receivers are cheeks, so trying to run a pass happy, pseudo-air raid with the weapons and O-line that we have now is asinine. 

Freeze definitely shouldn't get a pass for this offense that's being fielded right now. 

The defense getting sauced all game suprised me, but then again, LSU has one of the best offenses in CFB, so...

The defense playing out of their minds while at home against a UGA offense that has good but not great talent everywhere but Tight End made A LOOOOTTT of people rate the defense higher than they actually are.

Edited by HabitualChiller