*Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, AUDub said:

I’m convinced at this point that Thorne has a compromising video of Freeze or something.  

Probably has a stupid NIL deal and has to get his quota of downs played. Only reason I can even think why he'd be in the game ever.

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

He should have had time to wait on his grandmother to get open that time. 

And when Thorne takes up he picks up maybe 4.  When Ashford takes off running, Ashford picks up 10+ and often makes an impact play.  

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Probably has a stupid NIL deal and has to get his quota of downs played. Only reason I can even think why he'd be in the game ever.

hit a certain point just pay him to go away. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Thorne bailed on a good pocket. 

A good pocket moves the defenders out. That was a mob. With no one open, you have to try something.

I don’t blame PT for that. We just suck getting open. Might as well leave Robby in there and hope we can get enough short passes to open up the run. 
This is supposed to be a pass first offense. It’s broken…

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I refuse to believe these receivers are the inept. Is Marcus coaching them down?

If they are this inept which I don’t think they are, then yeah Davis should be held accountable.   I think the problem continues to be Thorne.  

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Thorne needs to sit. He had a great pocket there. No need to bail.

Yeah, you couldn't see downfield given the camera angle, but I don't believe that no one was open.  I think Thorne can't anticipate when receivers are about to get open.  And by the time they ARE open he hesitates to throw it and the window of opportunity closes.

• Like 2

Let’s play the best QB who gives us the best chance to victory. Some of y’all have way too many favorites 

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

Why can't Thorne see the blitz coming...Cam Brown would have had a big play there.

I’m not sure he has the leeway to just pop up and throw it. Everybody saw it!

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Where is the D line? Anybody seen one in blue jerseys?

Speed probably winding them.