*Official Auburn vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread*

abw0004

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

need to just keep taking shots down field  catch or not... n mix in the run...

Just now, jmcrosson said:

Beat guys on Twitter are saying cobb recovered the muffed punt. If that’s the case, refs screwed us twice. 

Sure looked like the Vandy guy got it.

Just now, MaitlandTiger said:

Yes we have dropped too many passes but this is bland, at best.  

It’s not though. We’ve run it. We’ve thrown intermediate passes. We’ve thrown underneath. We’ve thrown it deep. And we’ve done all this stuff out of different formations and looks. It’s a complete mix of stuff. Players aren’t executing right now. The only play I thought was a bad call was the pick six. Throwing out of your end zone is always risky. But I’m guessing the lack of production on the last several series mixed with the folks saying we were too conservative last week contributed to the decision to throw it there.

Average offensive players with below average coaching is what we have here. Which is disappointing because we were told Montgomery was a coach who could get a lot out of average players 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Do you have a head injury?  Thorne has put the ball on the money three times, one of which would’ve been a TD, all of which would have been about 80+ yards in receptions and the WRs dropped it or jumped a year too early. 

Just wait for softball season or something so you can comment on something you understand. 

Just frustrated.  The drops are adding to the frustration.  

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

I resorting to hoping that facing the sun is the issue. 

Yeah, really HOPE the drops were because of the sun. They better come out in the 2nd half and catch everything. Sun won't be an excuse after the half.

Average offensive players with below average coaching is what we have here. Which is disappointing because we were told Montgomery was a coach who could get a lot out of average players 

• Like 1

Things like running the route a yard short.  Get the first down!

Just now, DAG said:

Why do our guys always stop before the sticks ? 

I noticed that in the Thursday NFL game too. Crazy. 

5 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The dropped passes have been the worst part of our performance so far...

Must have left 100 yards n the field with all the drops...

still time to turn it around 

Being unable to consistently block against the University of Vanderbilt also hurts a bit