12 team playoff next season auburn and the Cinderella’s

KnightTiger

Depending on how we finish the season this year we have a pretty favorable schedule in 24

lets say for a minute we have a 2010/2013 type run next season then one of the Cinderella teams from this year Tulane, Air Force. Liberty, Jmu do as well what are the chances auburn would get snubbed for one of those teams 

8 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Depending on how we finish the season this year we have a pretty favorable schedule in 24

lets say for a minute we have a 2010/2013 type run next season then one of the Cinderella teams from this year Tulane, Air Force. Liberty, Jmu do as well what are the chances auburn would get snubbed for one of those teams 

2010/2013 type run, we are in.  Without a doubt.  SEC champions?  Undefeated?  One loss to the #6 team?  Those are no brainers.

Two losses and it gets iffy but I still think we are solidly in, obviously dependent on other factors. 

39 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Is it that favorable?  Missouri looking better makes the schedule a bit hard.  They have a lot returning to

We'll see what we get in the portal and how they actually perform in season, but I'd guess Vegas puts our O/U at 7.5 games next year

Autowins (4)
Cal, New Mexico, ULM, Vandy

Autolosses (2)
at UGA, at Bama

Probable Losses (2)
Oklahoma, at Missouri

Probable Wins (1)
Arkansas - They lose a good bit of top players.
at Kentucky - Might be generous to put them here.

Toss Ups (1)
Aggies

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is it that favorable?  Missouri looking better makes the schedule a bit hard.  They have a lot returning to

We'll see what we get in the portal and how they actually perform in season, but I'd guess Vegas puts our O/U at 7.5 games next year

Autowins (4)
Cal, New Mexico, ULM, Vandy

Autolosses (2)
at UGA, at Bama

Probable Losses (2)
Oklahoma, at Missouri

Probable Wins (1)
Arkansas - They lose a good bit of top players.
at Kentucky - Might be generous to put them here.

Toss Ups (1)
Aggies

This year was the year to jump on a favorable schedule..unfortunately we were left at a start of a rebuild. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dwayne Pride said:

2010/2013 type run, we are in.  Without a doubt.  SEC champions?  Undefeated?  One loss to the #6 team?  Those are no brainers.

Two losses and it gets iffy but I still think we are solidly in, obviously dependent on other factors. 

2010/2013 obviously. 

if we had 12 team playoff in 2017 it's interesting. we finished reg season with 3 losses, but ranked #7. Do we get in? Committee would have to take 3 teams from same conference  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

This year was the year to jump on a favorable schedule..unfortunately we were left at a start of a rebuild. 

I agree this was a potential "easy" year.  i'm not expecting an undefeated season but we need to take a step forward next year.  2025 will be interesting b/c it's the next wave of losing a lot of key players and the first Hugh Freeze Class infill.  

• Like 2

Having a run would be awesome. I’m just tying to figure out how we get to magical seeing the level of play, depth, and coaching (offensive) this year. The portal in wasn’t as advertised, so far. Current consensus is our QB for next year isn’t even on the roster. 

You will have some NFL declarations, portal out, a new high school signing class, hopefully quality development of the remaining roster, and portal in.  

I’m just wondering what the “magical” catalyst will be to make it happen (2010 - Cam, 2013 - an offense they wasn’t figured out till 2014). 

3 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

lets say for a minute we have a 2010/2013 type run next season 

3Rzy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We’re at least a couple years away yet.

Unless through the portal and JUCCO we somehow get four (4 star) O & D lineman and Thorne starts playing out of his mind, then maybe next year.

So, in other words, we’re a couple years away yet.