Question: Who was the most successful

DCTiger

I was going to say Alex Lincoln until you mentioned Kevin Greene. I didn't know he was a walk on. I don't see anyone touching the career he had in the pros.

Greene and Etheridge were great. He may not have been the most successful, but my favorite was Jason Miska. He was a beast on that 1993 defense.

Miska was a LUNATIC !! I loved watching that guy on the field. I had no idea Alex Lincoln was a walk-on. Thats cool.

I can't ever remember KG playing at Auburn. He was one of those guys that just flourished in the Pros I guess. Like Marcus Washington. MW was a descent lineman at Auburn, but he is an animal as an All-Pro LB for the Redskins.

Jason Miska was one of the first people I met in Auburn my first quarter there. Summer 91, met him on the balcony drinking a beer @ CDV extension. Guy was from up North, quiet...really smart...got a 13 something on his SAT. Had HUGE feet. He was pretty cool.

Jason Miska, I almost forgot that name. I remember my dad first telling me about him. The kid was getting in alot of trouble so his parents moved him...many times. Ended up at a rough high school and on the first day he picked out the so- called bullies and whipped 'em after school. That story is in the SI from 93 the collectors issue.

I don't think KG even started until he was a senior. It took him a while to bulk up. His pro days far outshone his days on the Plains. I like Miska. I liked Danny Skutack-- who remembers him? Undersized and tough as a dollar steak. But for sheer impact on AU history, it was Bill Newton.

Most successful at :au: = Miska and Newton

Most successful afterwards = Greene

MR. Miska (I call him "MR" in fear that he may not want ME to call him Jason) :)

Chip Powell. CB led the SEC in interceptions across from Kevin Porter. Not bad for a walk-on. Kevin Greene should be excluded due to enhancement questions. Dude left the team at 6'2" about 190, came back after a spell with Katz and was about 240. Lotta beans and rice that was. :blink:

Gusty Yearout!!!! :cheer: Hell guys, there are simply too many walk-ons to do justice to with your little poll..................the FACT is---Auburn as offered and used more Walk-ons than any other SEC school and let's please just leave it at that. If not,then you get into personalities, statistics, etc.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I figured everyone was gonna vote for a little known wide receiver named: CCTUA.

Auburn has had a rich tradition of walk-ons that have been great. Curt Crain was a pretty good LB and he left a scholarship at another school to walk on at Auburn.

...roderick hood was pretty good. he's on the philidelphia eagles team.

I may be wrong but I do not think Roderick Hood was a walk on. :au:

I may be wrong but I do not think Roderick Hood was a walk on. :au:

177303[/snapback]

...unless i'm terribly mistaken, he walked-on, but received a scholarship his sophomore or junior year.

Kevin Greene should be excluded due to enhancement questions. Dude left the team at 6'2" about 190, came back after a spell with Katz and was about 240. Lotta beans and rice that was.  :blink:

177278[/snapback]

I didn't want to bring it up, but his rapid development was...interesting.

Archived