College basketball talk (including Auburn)

AUBwins

I think we had something like this last year but this is for all general conversation about college basketball.   

This is the guy that scares me most about KY. When they were excellent during Pitino and Tubby years, they had those assassins from outside that would deliver daggers.  The moment he signed with them, I knew they had that guy again.  Last one they had was Herro. I think that's why they struggled in recent years come postseason.  I always wanted one of these at Auburn.  We had stretches of it with Bryce.  

Screenshot_20231118_104857_X.thumb.jpg.ccf6195c3dc5a466e52a8d771cc7d46c.jpg

Looking around the league Arkansas looks terrible so I’m sure they’ll be great by the time we play them. Alabama looks good. Allen Flanigan is going to have a monster season for Ole Miss with the rule change on offensive charges. That Blue Cain kid looks great at UGA but their team looks pretty bad. I don’t know where Auburn stacks up in the SEC, maybe 4-6. It’ll all be about who gets better and who gets worse. SEC looks solid overall. I haven’t watched much. I wish we were a better rebounding team but we are passing the ball well. 

21 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Allen Flanigan is going to have a monster season for Ole Miss with the rule change on offensive charges

😂😂😂 This is hilarious 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Man, Chance West might be completely snakebitten. Apparently had a lower leg injury again in practice and is going to miss substantial time. As I understand with his process for Auburn, he had a kneecap that occasionally dislocates, and did some procedure to repair that. 

Either way, having reoccurring leg injuries from HS and in your first two seasons of college basketball does not portend real success 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

He’s averaging 19 points, 7 rebounds, an assist, a block, two steals, and two turnovers per game. He’s having a good season so far. 

I wasn't hating at all, I just thought the comment about charges was funny because he was definitely good for 2 a game

Edited by Tiger
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I wasn't hating at all, I just thought the comment about charges was funny because he was definitely good for 2 a game

Only 2!? You sure about that??? 😂😂

IMG_5570.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

Got you. Yeah it was hard to watch him at times. They’ve changed the rule this year so that the offensive player gets like a full extra second advantage. 

16 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Anyone else hiding from the football forum over here?

Yep, probably be at least 2 more weeks before I venture anywhere close to that thing. 

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, OfficiatingExpert said:

Looking around the league Arkansas looks terrible so I’m sure they’ll be great by the time we play them. Alabama looks good. Allen Flanigan is going to have a monster season for Ole Miss with the rule change on offensive charges. That Blue Cain kid looks great at UGA but their team looks pretty bad. I don’t know where Auburn stacks up in the SEC, maybe 4-6. It’ll all be about who gets better and who gets worse. SEC looks solid overall. I haven’t watched much. I wish we were a better rebounding team but we are passing the ball well. 

But Ole Miss looks pathetic so far. Barely squeaked by 4 nobodies.

On 11/19/2023 at 11:21 PM, OfficiatingExpert said:

He’s averaging 19 points, 7 rebounds, an assist, a block, two steals, and two turnovers per game. He’s having a good season so far. 

His shooting is still bad. The difference is he’s getting (literally) double the shots now. Which is what he wanted, so in that sense the move has worked for him. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:23 PM, OfficiatingExpert said:

UGA isn’t great this year, but sadly that may come to an end soon. They’re really recruiting. Has always been baffling that they didn’t routinely get more top talent there. They’re sitting on a gold mine.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 11:33 AM, Tiger said:

😂😂😂 This is hilarious 

Totally forgot he was there lol

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2023 at 12:43 AM, GwillMac6 said:

Only 2!? You sure about that??? 😂😂

IMG_5570.gif

Great choice of gif

• Love 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Great choice of gif

IMG_5930.gif

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Totally forgot he was there lol

IMG_5931.gif

• Haha 1

I heard a bunch of talk about UT being a complete team this year, more explosive offensively. Watching them vs Purdue last night, they looked exactly like they have the past few years. Foul you every play, brutal, ugly basketball. Still not that great offensively. 

On 11/21/2023 at 7:52 AM, Dunndone414 said:

UGA isn’t great this year, but sadly that may come to an end soon. They’re really recruiting. Has always been baffling that they didn’t routinely get more top talent there. They’re sitting on a gold mine.

I think they are still a couple of years away. Might be a fringe NIT team if things break right for them this year.

21 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I heard a bunch of talk about UT being a complete team this year, more explosive offensively. Watching them vs Purdue last night, they looked exactly like they have the past few years. Foul you every play, brutal, ugly basketball. Still not that great offensively. 

That being said, they did drag down what could be the best offense in the league down to their level. Regular season Purdue is truly an animal 

They at least deserve top billing in this conference from what little I’ve seen 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, OfficiatingExpert said:

His efficiency is actual poop, but the way he’s drawing FTs and rebounding, it seems like Beard just asked him to do more of what he was good at. And I’m sure that charge rule helped like mentioned above. I assume CMo will be his primary matchup when we play them, that will certainly be a mud fight