College basketball talk (including Auburn)

AUBwins

33 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We're going to have to be really smart with the ball against Kentucky. They run in pace even better than we do, and have some real offensive diversity this year. Defense was pretty meh in some high profile matchups before this Miami matchup - struggled against center size, but it sounds like they'll be bringing their bigs back soon 

Yep Sheppard is a problem.  5-8 from 3 and 19pts overall so far. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

I agree, and I don't like aTm's coach either.   

UAT about to go down at home vs Clemson. So as long as we win, the challenge will have been a smashing success in my book 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The athleticism and intensity of this OM team is definitely going to be a problem. 

I'm not buying them. NC State isn't great to me. And Ole Miss has struggled vs a bunch of dregs 

I feel like Ol Miss is going to be a scrappy team all season. Not sure they are top half of the SEC but it'll be a fight for anyone who has to play them. Kentucky is very legit and scary. Their all around size is impressive. Miami guards were just too small to compete in that game. 

17 hours ago, BustemBigBlue said:

I never really understood the conference loyalty thing. The teams I dislike the most tend to be conference rivals and I enjoy watching them lose. 

I usually do too, but this challenge thing always gets me.  Historically we have always needed a lot of help getting in the tournament field and by the conference doing well in these type of events I think it helps the bubble teams in the conference.  I'd like to win the challenge as a conference, but still see a couple of teams lose.  If Alabama or Arkansas were the last team playing and we needed a win to win the challenge, I'd still hope they both lost.  Just for the record. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

I'm not buying them. NC State isn't great to me. And Ole Miss has struggled vs a bunch of dregs 

That may be, but a bunch of really physical, fast guys is a problem for anyone, especially Auburn who honestly got pushed around by a much smaller in comparison Baylor team. Their center is also a giant who’s been eating up blocks for years as I understand 

17 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

UAT about to go down at home vs Clemson. So as long as we win, the challenge will have been a smashing success in my book 

Anyone see where the Alabama player ( Williams )called out the Alabama crowd and said they acted like they were at a tennis match.  I actually noticed it when watching, because it was true even when the game was close. He basically said (paraphrasing) what good is home court advantage with that kind of crowd?……ouch!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Anyone see where the Alabama player ( Williams )called out the Alabama crowd and said they acted like they were at a tennis match.  I actually noticed it when watching, because it was true even when the game was close. He basically said (paraphrasing) what good is home court advantage with that kind of crowd?……ouch!

Yep, looks like their 15 minutes of fame as a basketball power is up!

6 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Jay Williams was the TV announcer for the game who called out the UAT crowd.

22 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Yep, looks like their 15 minutes of fame as a basketball power is up!

Be careful. UAT is going to be pretty good this year, as bad as I hate to say it.

On 11/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, OfficiatingExpert said:

Looking around the league Arkansas looks terrible so I’m sure they’ll be great by the time we play them. 

I think you are spot on. They just beat Duke in the ACC/SEC challenge.