NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Absolutely agree . It might even go down to the wire. If CHF win a bunch of games in time this bad performance will fade

Not soon enough.

I feel like the staff should give back their game checks or whatever for this week. Pathetic preparation, pathetic attitude, pathetic effort. What a nose dive and crash before playing UA. Hugh I hope you were recruit, because you certainly weren’t getting this team ready. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I can’t remember a worse loss in relation to the quality of opponents. Sure, Auburn has lost many games by more than 21 points, but never by any where this much when such a heavy favorite.

When classifying “worst losses,” the opponent and the spread have to be considered. There have been plenty of bad Auburn losses, but none like this one since the ‘75 Memphis St. loss.

Today’s game ranks as the worst loss in my Auburn history of 50 years simply because of the 20+ point spread AND by a C-USA opponent who had never defeated an SEC team. Couple that with a win today that would have been Auburn’s 800th in history and the fact that they didn’t get it done puts it at THE TOP.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WDEagle said:

Why not if he is so good?  Not much of a head coach for letting the terrible play calling continue.  Hell, just call more passing since the run wasn't working but nooooooo

Screenshot 2023-11-18 192249.png

Yeah I never said he was a good play caller. Nice MS paint job though. 

20 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I feel like the staff should give back their game checks or whatever for this week. Pathetic preparation, pathetic attitude, pathetic effort. What a nose dive and crash before playing UA. Hugh I hope you were recruit, because you certainly weren’t getting this team ready. 

Somewhere, Jimmy Sexton just felt a disturbance in the force.  Strong is the dark side. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Please quit even talking about the refs. We lost this game on bad coaching and horrible game play. The refs had zero to do with it. 

This times 10000000. AU sucks . It’s been a decade of failures by the school and various coaches along the way. AU has ruined so many Saturdays. It’s not great to be an Auburn Tiger , it’s hard to be an Auburn Tiger. 

• Like 2

Raise your hand if you had to remember who we were playing today and when you checked you immediately thought, "Oh nice, we're gonna be 7-4."

[Raises hand]

• Like 5

This meltdown has been epic I thank all who contributed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

When classifying “worst losses,” the opponent and the spread have to be considered. There have been plenty of bad Auburn losses, but none like this one since the ‘75 Memphis St. loss.

Today’s game ranks as the worst loss in my Auburn history of 50 years simply because of the 20+ point spread AND by a C-USA opponent who had never defeated an SEC team. Couple that with a win today that would have been Auburn’s 800th in history and the fact that they didn’t get it done puts it at THE TOP.

I do believe you are right.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, msza said:

Raise your hand if you had to remember who we were playing today and when you checked you immediately thought, "Oh nice, we're gonna be 7-4."

[Raises hand]

Me too. But sometimes football players need to feel like fans and show some emotion.

• Like 2

I really thought the team would wake up when Hunter got body slammed and there was almost a fight. But alas…no. 

Just now, Butthead said:

On a positive note, we are so irrelevant they are, at least, not showing highlights of our loss at halftime of the other games. 

🤣 I thought the same thing!

Just now, fishepa said:

I really thought the team would wake up when Hunter got body slammed and there was almost a fight. But alas…no. 

You are right, there was no intensity nor any sense of urgency at all.

3 minutes ago, Butthead said:

On a positive note, we are so irrelevant they are, at least, not showing highlights of our loss at halftime of the other games. 

Sad, but true. This is where we are.

There is no way to spin this, today was a colossal failure by the coaching staff and team. They were totally humiliated on their own field. Auburn fans and alumni have a right to be embarrassed and outraged. It will be a long, long time before the memories of this disaster fades.

With that said, tomorrow will be another day and hope for better in the future will resume.

What was so disheartening to me was the total lack of enthusiasm.  It was almost like they didn’t want to be there.  Just going through the motions, especially the O line.  Where was the leadership? 

• Like 1

I remember not being able to sleep the entire night after the FSU natty loss. But the next day I thought, damn we have been in 2 title games in 3 years. The future is bright. Hard to believe that after that night we have pretty much sucked for a whole fricking decade. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1