Today's message

LPTiger

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep, fresh set of downs and a mile away. Alabama was in disarray and to beat them you got to cause chaos. Oh well, lesson hopefully learned. I hate that this is considered their iron bowl miracle that will be replayed now for decades. But that fourth and Hugh Freeze joke that I saw was funny. This has happened to him twice now. 

It’s like the reverse of 2013. We are producing unforgettable moments like getting blown out by NMS at home, and an unforgettable legendary choke job against our rivals at home!! Yay, it’s fun!! Can’t wait to top this next year! But hey our clown head coach can recruit WRs!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

It’s like the reverse of 2013. We are producing unforgettable moments like getting blown out by NMS at home, and an unforgettable legendary choke job against our rivals at home!! Yay, it’s fun!! Can’t wait to top this next year! But hey our clown head coach can recruit WRs!! 

We just got to hope recruiting takes a major turn 

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

I can't tell if Dag and Swamp are joking or sparring.

A little of both. Can’t take things too serious around here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

One more bowl game to lose to a big ten team lol. 

Every year. The last phone I destroyed had Melvin Gordon’s name all over it. We are just bottom feeders. DAG I wish I didn’t care. I wish I could get back to playing piano in jazz bars . 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

A little of both. Can’t take things too serious around here. 

Dag, with all due respect, do you know why we got to play our home game against Alabama last night in our stadium, Jordan Hare stadium, and not at Legion Field where we were always outnumbered 4 to 1 by Bama fans?  Because Patrick Fain Dye had the intestinal fortitude to challenge the status quo.  For decades the Bama mafia made us play our home game in that crap stadium where we had no home field advantage.  Coach Dye stopped it in 1989.  The problem with being young, and I was once young, is you don't know what you don't know.  If you don't have intellectual curiosity, you never will.  Research CPFD, you will like what you find.  And, you will realize why he is important to many of us old folk. 

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Dag, with all due respect, do you know why we got to play our home game against Alabama last night in our stadium, Jordan Hare stadium, and not at Legion Field where we were always outnumbered 4 to 1 by Bama fans?  Because Patrick Fain Dye had the intestinal fortitude to challenge the status quo.  For decades the Bama mafia made us play our home game in that crap stadium where we had no home field advantage.  Coach Dye stopped it in 1989.  The problem with being young, and I was once young, is you don't know what you don't know.  If you don't have intellectual curiosity, you never will.  Research CPFD, you will like what you find.  And, you will realize why he is important to many of us old folk. 

LP, I went to Auburn with Pat Dye's daughter, and coached her son in baseball years later in Huntsville.  She was really nice.

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I just think right now I care more about current status of Auburn football. I respect history and I actually love history but why we played at Jordan Hare yesterday is not a priority for me. If it is to you , that’s awesome. However, both views should be respected. I don’t think it’s a generational or age thing because there are a lot vicious cycle things that still occur today , which wisdom should allow to be avoided, but that discussion is not neeeded on a football forum. I just care about the state of Auburn football right now .

Just now, DAG said:

I just think right now I care more about current status of Auburn football. I respect history and I actually love history but why we played at Jordan Hare yesterday is not a priority for me. If it is to you , that’s awesome. However, both views should be respected. I don’t think it’s a generational or age thing because there are a lot vicious cycle things that still occur today , which wisdom should allow to be avoided, but that discussion is not neeeded on a football forum. I just care about the state of Auburn football right now .

Dag, I respect your view but your view is informed by the fact that you never had to go to your home game in Birmingham where you were outnumbered 4 to 1 and the officiating was far worse than last night.  Your view is informed by the fact that you didn't have to read the published stories of Bear Bryant mocking Auburn and saying we will never play a game at that cow college.   If you were alive back then, your view of Pat Dye would be much different.  Here is why it is important.   In B'ham we were 36-20-1.   In JHS we are  10-6.

• Like 1

Just now, LPTiger said:

Dag, I respect your view but your view is informed by the fact that you never had to go to your home game in Birmingham where you were outnumbered 4 to 1 and the officiating was far worse than last night.  Your view is informed by the fact that you didn't have to read the published stories of Bear Bryant mocking Auburn and saying we will never play a game at that cow college.   If you were alive back then, your view of Pat Dye would be much different.  Here is why it is important.   In B'ham we were 36-20-1.   In JHS we are  10-6.

I agree with all of that. Certainly I would feel different if I had to endure what you had to endure. It gives a unique lense and I can respect that 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

LP, I went to Auburn with Pat Dye's daughter, and coached her son in baseball years later in Huntsville.  She was really nice.

I've told this story before on here.  Forgive the repetition.  Coach Dye was AD when I played baseball.  And he came to a lot of our games.   We visited fairly often.  Fast forward 10 years or so, my law firm represented Deaton Trucking and coach was on the Board.  We had a transaction that needed board approval.    This was before zoom and such so we had a board  meeting at out office in Birmingham.  Coach was getting ready for the Tennessee game, but he flew in for the board meeting.  I took him back to the FBO after the board approved the transaction.  We are catching up, and I tell him I had married and he asked where she went to school.   I sheepishly replied Alabama.   With some enthusiasm he said "promise me that football will never come between you two, it is important but it ain't worth losing a good woman over."   I assured him that would not be the case because my bride cares little about football.  We then go on to discuss other things.   20 minutes later we get to the FBO, he gets out, shuts the door to my Ford Explorer takes a step, swings around and flings that Explorer door back open and with even more enthusiasm he says "but make sure she raises your chillin to be Auburn chillin."  He was one in a million.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

You lost me at a church of the highlands. That place is a cult. 

Have a feeling you would think the same of most churches. Take to the political forum. Think you have donated that advice on an earlier subject. 

21 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have a feeling you would think the same of most churches. Take to the political forum. Think you have donated that advice on an earlier subject. 

Nope. I’m a Christian. But that brand of Christianity is entirely too sketchy.

Also, making an OP with religion all over it is why my comment was made. If you don’t think the critique should’ve been made here, then the OP shouldn’t have been made here either. 

By the way, why did the OP even need to mention COH? Could’ve just said I heard something at my church. Adding in a reference to COH was sketchy in of itself. 

Edited by ScotsAU

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Wow... I am glad Dye means a lot to some people around here but people need to also be open to age gap. I know very little about Dye and he has no true impact on my life even as an Auburn fan. 

All I know is Pat Dye has been every coach for the first season as ppl jack me off then they end up sucking

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

All I know is Pat Dye has been every coach for the first season as ppl jack me off then they end up sucking

Man, there is a lot going on right here and none of it is clear.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

And, you repeatedly refer to him simply as "dye" instead of Coach Dye as his contributions to Auburn deserves.

@cole256 how dare you!!!! lmao 🤣

6 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Nope. I’m a Christian. But that brand of Christianity is entirely too sketchy.

Also, making an OP with religion all over it is why my comment was made. If you don’t think the critique should’ve been made here, then the OP shouldn’t have been made here either. 

By the way, why did the OP even need to mention COH? Could’ve just said I heard something at my church. Adding in a reference to COH was sketchy in of itself. 

Fair enough. I apologize 

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

They face palmed me for saying bammer is going to look back at this win. They disliked me for saying dude didn't have a good game.....dude won't acknowledge how he came at me and he was wrong.....got mad at me for not knowing dye's middle name and not saying he would whip my ass.

Some of these cats are the most sensitive bullies you'll ever meet bro. You better agree with them or else bro

Edited by cole256

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They face palmed me for saying bammer is going to look back at this win. They disliked me for saying dude didn't have a good game.....dude won't acknowledge how he came at me and he was wrong.....got mad at me for not knowing dye's middle name and not saying he would whip my ass.

Some of these cats are the most sensitive bullies you'll ever meet bro.

HIS FIRST NAME IS COACH 

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Help me understand your thinking.  Are you LYAO because you think it is somehow funny to disrespect people like Coach Dye or because you don't think it is disrespectful to refer to him as "dye?"

11 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Help me understand your thinking.  Are you LYAO because you think it is somehow funny to disrespect people like Coach Dye or because you don't think it is disrespectful to refer to him as "dye?"

No one is disrespecting him by calling him by his last name. 

HTH

3 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I would take Ginger over Mary Ann, just to be different from my friends who would all take Mary Ann over Ginger.

At the time I would have taken eirher and been very happy. After being married for close to 40 years and being old myself I know neither would look at me now so I just dream a little. Nothing wrong with dreaming.

Cole I love you brother but sometimes continuing on arguing about the same thing is counter productive. You made your initial point where people could agree or disagree with you but then you and the others just kept going. This goes for you and the people you are arguing with. Once you've made your point once and then repeated a second time it is time to move on.