Today's message

LPTiger

If I'm having this much trouble getting over yesterday, I can only imagine how our DB #4 is going to handle it for the rest of his life.  That replay, along with his jersey number, will be shown over and over for years to come.  I can't understand how he could have given up that TD pass, but hope he can handle it well as a man and not let it define him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We still got a game to go.   Maybe you should have purchased 2 phones and saved yourself a trip.   Fire up that new grill.   We are going to be just fine come signing day.

It’s going right now with chicken breast . By the way this is my back up phone I am on lol. You can tell I’m a blue blood diehard AU fan. I do say a lot stupid stuff though

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s going right now with chicken breast . By the way this is my back up phone I am on lol. You can tell I’m a blue blood diehard AU fan. I do say a lot stupid stuff though

We all need an invite....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

If I'm having this much trouble getting over yesterday, I can only imagine how our DB #4 is going to handle it for the rest of his life.  That replay, along with his jersey number, will be shown over and over for years to come.  I can't understand how he could have given up that TD pass, but hope he can handle it well as a man and not let it define him.

They are 18-22 yrs old. They look at the world different 

8 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Saw the back of Chris Davis’ Jersey for years every time I took the elevator at the Seminoles Athletics Complex.

Edited by AUApostle

3 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Saw the back of Chris Davis’ Jersey for years every time I took the elevator at the Seminoles Athletics Complex.

People forget Chris was the one trying to cover that 7'8" receiver in the end zone.

9 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Cole, here is your issue, on the one hand you self-profess (btw self-professions carry little weight) that you are all knowing i.e. just a few posts above "I know what I am talking about" yet you know so little about Auburn -- at least with respect to her history.   You are so misinformed when you say a bunch of people don't care about Coach Dye.  CPFD isn't just some former coach at Auburn like CJWH (btw, that is John William Heisman - the one the trophy is named after -- yeah he coached at Auburn).  CPFD is either the first or second most important coach to coach at Auburn.   Our football field is named after him.   Yet, you don't even recognize his initials or know anything about him.   And, you repeatedly refer to him simply as "dye" instead of Coach Dye as his contributions to Auburn deserves.   He wasn't an MMA fighter, but he was a 2 time all-American defensive lineman at UGA.   He was country boy strong and tough.   And, you were apparently a basketball player somewhere.   So, yeah I like Coach in a fight.    You would too if you knew him.

Now you are just talking. You NEVER seen me say I'm all knowing. And me saying I don't just argue to argue if I say something I have a thought and examples to back me up. Even you can't make that be anything more than that with your circles.

I didn't say a bunch of people didn't care for dye I said a bunch of people wouldn't know his middle name. Once again even you with all your circle talking can't make that be anything else but what I said.

You don't know me at all you don't know what I know or what I don't but you definitely just left out how you were wrong or misinformed when youchastised me for not knowing USC when you yourself didn't know Cox wasn't our QB for that game. 

Once again you don't know me so don't pretend,I played football and basketball and I don't give a damn what you think you just need to think about and for yourself. So it's fine if you concede to men and lay down....I do not that's just a difference between us but I would never have something to say but then not say it because someone else heard me as you implied....It's crazy to me if there are men on here that would do something like that. 

But I'll let you go back to this grandstanding and fake pastor moment....man you make me miss ol what's his face, you're like a great value version of him

14 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

He shouldn't feel bad at all because he was supposed to have help over there. Only thing he did wrong was letting dude behind him. 

I pretty much have liked all of our corners minus Larry Casherand Roderick hood. Those guys are two ass holes. I'm sure as long as this guy is decent he'll continue to be treated well

33 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

My worst days as an AU football fan all relate to breakdowns in the secondary, whether by coaches or players.

- Yesterday

- 2021 Iron Bowl

- 2013 BCS loss

- Some game against LSU many years ago.  Pat Dye was still coaching, and we dominated defensively all game long.  We led 6-0 when LSU got the ball for the last drive.  They scored on a TD pass as time expired for the win.

Earthquake game.  Cost us a National Championship, IMO.

Edited by JuscAUse!

32 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

- Some game against LSU many years ago.  Pat Dye was still coaching, and we dominated defensively all game long.  We led 6-0 when LSU got the ball for the last drive.  They scored on a TD pass as time expired for the win.

1988 LSU game. If we had won we would have been perfect and played Notre Dame for the mythical national title.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Just got back from Verizon buying a new phone. Looking up ways to repair sheet rock and hardwood flooring as well after last night .still angry . Hell I’m still mad about Roberts not covering bowers. This season was exhausting and I am very glad it’s over. 

One more bowl game to lose to a big ten team lol. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

This is how I feel today:

Untitled.jpg

I’d say that being on an island with Mary Ann would be a great way to get over last night’s loss. 

You said yesterday that this was always a tough game for you to lose. It’s definitely a tough one the way it went down. If recruiting ends to way some are predicting then we’re gonna need a bigger boat anyway. I’m trying to focus on the fact that the coaches had what will likely be their least talented team playing toe to toe with UGA and Bama this year. If I think about it any other way it’s a bit depressing. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Just got back from Verizon buying a new phone. Looking up ways to repair sheet rock and hardwood flooring as well after last night .still angry . Hell I’m still mad about Roberts not covering bowers. This season was exhausting and I am very glad it’s over. 

I got kicked out the house slep in the truck.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I’d say that being on an island with Mary Ann would be a great way to get over last night’s loss. 

Mary Ann over Ginger?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

Mary Ann over Ginger?

I would take Ginger over Mary Ann, just to be different from my friends who would all take Mary Ann over Ginger.

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I would take Ginger over Mary Ann, just to be different from my friends who would all take Mary Ann over Ginger.

100%.  There have been many beautiful brunettes throughout the years but beautiful women with Auburn colored hair are as rare as the Hope Diamond.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You said yesterday that this was always a tough game for you to lose. It’s definitely a tough one the way it went down. If recruiting ends to way some are predicting then we’re gonna need a bigger boat anyway. I’m trying to focus on the fact that the coaches had what will likely be their least talented team playing toe to toe with UGA and Bama this year. If I think about it any other way it’s a bit depressing. 

Yeah, I don't know why it's so hard for me to get over a loss like this.  It hurts us all, but I find it harder than most to let it go and move on.  I've got to find a way to deal with games like this better than I currently can.

Posting on the board helps...

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He shouldn't feel bad at all because he was supposed to have help over there. Only thing he did wrong was letting dude behind him. 

I pretty much have liked all of our corners minus Larry Casherand Roderick hood. Those guys are two ass holes. I'm sure as long as this guy is decent he'll continue to be treated well

I don't know Xs and Os very well.  Was the plan to spread 8 all across the end zone, or 4 deep and 4 shallow?

I didn't get to see the formation they were in before the play. I know even the shallow guys if they had any shouldn't have been too far away from the end zone.....I don't know what the hell we were doing on defense that last play....I get sad thinking about it

6 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Yeah, I don't know why it's so hard for me to get over a loss like this.  It hurts us all, but I find it harder than most to let it go and move on.  I've got to find a way to deal with games like this better than I currently can.

Posting on the board helps...

Will if it makes you feel any better, this morning, after a further review of my actions, I found it necessary to apologize to my wife and middle child who were with me during the game.   They both replied with "we know how much you love Auburn."  But, I acted like a fool. Being an Auburn fan has always been tough.   Last evening it was really tough.  In Morgan Wallen's latest song he sings "don't let the bottle turn you into a different man."  Unfortunately for me, when we were rolling, the Maker's was rolling pretty good too....   Today, on here, is therapy.

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

Will if it makes you feel any better, this morning, after a further review of my actions, I found it necessary to apologize to my wife and middle child who were with me during the game.   They both replied with "we know how much you love Auburn."  But, I acted like a fool. Being an Auburn fan has always been tough.   Last evening it was really tough.  In Morgan Wallen's latest song he sings "don't let the bottle turn you into a different man."  Unfortunately for me, when we were rolling, the Maker's was rolling pretty good too....   Today, on here, is therapy.

I haven't had more than 2 beers in a night in a long time, but I had 4 after the game last night, with the first 3 basically guzzled.  Felt better after that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't get to see the formation they were in before the play. I know even the shallow guys if they had any shouldn't have been too far away from the end zone.....I don't know what the hell we were doing on defense that last play....I get sad thinking about it

I don’t recall exactly how the deep guys were lined up but sort of remember three or four standing in or near the end zone.   Then #4 and the other corner about 15 yards off the ball.   Then when the play started three or four started running with receivers, #4 included in this.   Don’t understand why everyone wasn’t just standing back ready to break on the ball 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Can’t believe no one instructed the DB to just commit the PI if you feel beat…it’s not a spot foul in college

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I don't know Xs and Os very well.  Was the plan to spread 8 all across the end zone, or 4 deep and 4 shallow?

The biggest problem for me is why we didn't have 9 back i.e. why were we playing a spy.  Without a spy, Milroe would've had to run 31 yards towards 9 defenders hoping to get to that spot before any of the 9 first got to him.   He would have to cover 31 yards before they could cover 5, 10, 15, 20.   It is a physical impossibility.   I would have been trying to encourage him to pull it and run.