Today's message

LPTiger

Just now, LPTiger said:

The biggest problem for me is why we didn't have 9 back i.e. why were we playing a spy.  Without a spy, Milroe would've had to run 31 yards towards 9 defenders hoping to get to that spot before any of the 9 first got to him.   He would have to cover 31 yards before they could cover 5, 10, 15, 20.   It is a physical impossibility.   I would have been trying to encourage him to pull it and run. 

I'm all out of likes, but I agree.

I like to argue and complain sometimes but losses don’t bother me like they used to. I’ve gone through too many real life problems that put games in proper perspective. 

Having said that, the NMSU game bothers me more than last night. NMSU was a complete embarrassment, start to finish. Iron Bowl was a hard fought game with some embarrassing moments. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Can’t believe no one instructed the DB to just commit the PI if you feel beat…it’s not a spot foul in college

I mentioned that in another thread. Push him out and make them have to do it again. When I would have seen we were all alone grab him

• Like 2

Just now, cbo said:

I like to argue and complain sometimes but losses don’t bother me like they used to. I’ve gone through too many real life problems that put games in proper perspective. 

Having said that, the NMSU game bothers me more than last night. NMSU was a complete embarrassment, start to finish. Iron Bowl was a hard fought game with some embarrassing moments. 

I get what you are saying but it’s the opposite for me.   I would take a loss every year if AU would beat Bama every year 

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

I've got to figure out how to get there.  All our losses this year really bothered me.  But yesterday was on another level of cruel.  That last play only had a 0.1% chance of working.  One in a thousand.  And before the snap, I said out loud "against us, he has a chance to complete this". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I don’t recall exactly how the deep guys were lined up but sort of remember three or four standing in or near the end zone.   Then #4 and the other corner about 15 yards off the ball.   Then when the play started three or four started running with receivers, #4 included in this.   Don’t understand why everyone wasn’t just standing back ready to break on the ball 

Have your fastest guys play middle and they can get to the ball whenever they see it thrown, have your tall guys on the outside. Even if he's a wr have tall guys playing outside and nobody follow any one man. Don't try to catch an int swat the ball down

• Like 2

Just now, WillMunny said:

I've got to figure out how to get there.  All our losses this year really bothered me.  But yesterday was on another level of cruel.  That last play only had a 0.1% chance of working.  One in a thousand.  And before the snap, I said out loud "against us, he has a chance to complete this". 

Honestly, that’s probably why I don’t get too upset anymore. My expectations are so low. I wasn’t surprised when they made that absurd play. 

The flip side is I haven’t enjoyed the last couple seasons like I used to. So less overall enjoyment but less heartbreak. Don’t know if that’s progress or not haha 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I would take Ginger over Mary Ann, just to be different from my friends who would all take Mary Ann over Ginger.

Too high maintenance. Much prefer the Sandra Bullock type girl next door but so much for the derail. 

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

If I'm having this much trouble getting over yesterday, I can only imagine how our DB #4 is going to handle it for the rest of his life.  That replay, along with his jersey number, will be shown over and over for years to come.  I can't understand how he could have given up that TD pass, but hope he can handle it well as a man and not let it define him.

The push off by Bond to create space should account for something but it won’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna give Saban a bit of credit here. He put his tallest receiver in the game with the starters, who aren't short either. Gave every indication of a typical jump ball - hail Mary,  and ran most of the receivers to the middle of the end zone. It is possible the defense bought the jump ball part and cheated away from the corners to the clogged up middle of the end zone. And then we got what we got. 

That's the way I saw it live. I haven't had the desire to study it further.

Edited by JuscAUse!

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

I'm gonna fine Saban a bit of credit here. He put his tallest receiver in the game with the starters, who aren't short either. Gave every indication of a typical jump ball - hail Mary,  and ran most of the receivers to the middle of the end zone. It is possible the defense bought the jump ball part and cheated away from the corners to the clogged up middle of the end zone. And then we got what we got. 

That's the way I saw it live. I haven't had the desire to study it further.

Sounds logical.  To me, it looked like Milroe made a very snap, decisive decision on where to throw the ball - like he saw a good opening develop.

It didn't look like any sort of Hail Mary from my perspective, but I only saw it once as I couldn't bear to watch the replay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Wow... I am glad Dye means a lot to some people around here but people need to also be open to age gap. I know very little about Dye and he has no true impact on my life even as an Auburn fan. 

Damn, it's a wonder anyone takes you seriously regarding anything related to Auburn. Man, when I was a kid, there was NOTHING I couldn't tell you about the history of Auburn football. I invested time and effort into studying it. 

It's a generational thing, I suppose, but the fact that you're too lazy to go waaaay back to 1981 gives you a credibility issue, brother...😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

The ending of that game sums up Auburn, get use to it if you’re not already. 

I guess I'm used to it, but it seems the older I get, the more it hurts.  Dangit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

The ending of that game sums up Auburn, get use to it if you’re not already. 

I'll give you, it was as JABA as it gets.

21 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Sounds logical.  To me, it looked like Milroe made a very snap, decisive decision on where to throw the ball - like he saw a good opening develop.

It didn't look like any sort of Hail Mary from my perspective, but I only saw it once as I couldn't bear to watch the replay.

Nick Saban said they actually work on that play. Wish we didn’t give them more time to think about it as it seem they were in disarray. Looked like Milroe shifted left initially as a fake out  then the receiver went to the right to isolate from the rest of the team. 

11 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Damn, it's a wonder anyone takes you seriously regarding anything related to Auburn. Man, when I was a kid, there was NOTHING I couldn't tell you about the history of Auburn football. I invested time and effort into studying it. 

It's a generational thing, I suppose, but the fact that you're too lazy to go waaaay back to 1981 gives you a credibility issue, brother...😆

I mean I don’t find it necessary for people to find me credible on an anonymous sports board , but to some this means the world to them. 

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mentioned that in another thread. Push him out and make them have to do it again. When I would have seen we were all alone grab him

Anyone playing DB all the way up to Jr High should know that's an option.

Just now, DAG said:

I mean I don’t find it necessary for people to find me credible on an anonymous sports board , but to some this means the world to them. 

Strike two...

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are anonymous. However, your posts are public. 

Credibility always matters, son.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You are anonymous. However, your posts are public. 

Credibility always matters, son.

To a guy who calls himself swamp eagle? Same guy making generalizations about Deion Sanders and race? I think you should take your own advice grandpa 

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

Can’t believe no one instructed the DB to just commit the PI if you feel beat…it’s not a spot foul in college

Other than a fresh set of downs I saw no down side at the time. Beats the outcome we had for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82be said:

Other than a fresh set of downs I saw no down side at the time. Beats the outcome we had for sure. 

Yep, fresh set of downs and a mile away. Alabama was in disarray and to beat them you got to cause chaos. Oh well, lesson hopefully learned. I hate that this is considered their iron bowl miracle that will be replayed now for decades. But that fourth and Hugh Freeze joke that I saw was funny. This has happened to him twice now. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

To a guy who calls himself swamp eagle? Same guy making generalizations about Deion Sanders and race? I think you should take your own advice grandpa 

Little touchy, are we? I'm not afraid to discuss race, religion, politics, etc. Just because you are too immature to use race as anything but a dog whistle is your problem, not mine.  Carry on, kid.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Little touchy, are we? I'm not afraid to discuss race, religion, politics, etc. Just because you are too immature to use race as anything but a dog whistle is your problem, not mine.  Carry on, kid.

Haha not about being afraid, it’s about learning to not generalize if you want to have a constructive discussion. I don’t know must be a generation thing. Carry on, boomer. 

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1