Today's message

LPTiger

Yes it's just a ballgame, and yes I still love Auburn. That will never change. I was turned on to Auburn when I was a little boy. My brother and I were being raised by our mother, and no father around back in the 60s, so we really didn't have a lot of money . What I did have was a friend that lived a few blocks over, basically the richer neighborhood, that invited me to go to a Auburn game vs Chattanooga, with him and his family. They were season ticket holders, and loved everything Auburn. Well after that game I was hooked, especially after the game an Auburn player took off his wrist band a gave to me. Long story short, I have seen the good and the bad through all these years. Saying all that, Saturdays game was a tough loss, but I really felt for the players that had come up off the deck, after the New Mexico St game, and went toe to toe with Bama, only to lose on that last play. Honestly those young men should have been put in a better position on that 4th and 31 by the DC and Hugh Freeze. Rushing two guys was one of the most ignorant calls that I have seen through the years. Those young men should have had the opportunity to attack that play, but the coaches didnt think so. Last thing I will say is the coach makes millions to make that decision, and they made a call like they didn't get a paycheck. War Eagle !!!!

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

I really didn't think it was expected to know his middle name.....that's wild

You're so fain. You probably thought this thread was about you...

• Like 1

Meh. Slept like a baby.

Auburn football is MY team. But its not my life. It doesn't define me as a man, father, husband, or friend.

The time I spent at AU left good memories of great friends and teammates. Yes, I still yell at the TV. But when its over, its over.

The vitriol of the modern fan is a sad thing to behold.

I try to live by the old adage that I love Auburn because of Auburn and not because of any specific sport. Its the reason I smile when I think of AU. I'll never be as carefree and full of hope as I was then. And hopefully I'll never again be as broke! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

You're so fain. You probably thought this thread was about you...

It's fain??? I always thought she said vain????? 

• Like 1

I'm going to have to take a long vacation from the football board. This is just ridiculous. Yeah, I was disappointed in the coaches and players from New Mexico State. They got caught looking ahead.  But this week, as disappointing as the outcome was, I don't have anything but pride and respect for the players and coaches. They are hurting ten times what we fans are. Have some empathy. DJ James has been great all year.  How do you think he feels?  We were seriously outmanned and Bama had to luck out to win.  It was a great game plan on offense and defense. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the fans who have reacted to this magnificent effort by talking about what coaches to fire.  Beyond ridiculous. It ain't always about you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I'm going to have to take a long vacation from the football board. This is just ridiculous. Yeah, I was disappointed in the coaches and players from New Mexico State. They got caught looking ahead.  But this week, as disappointing as the outcome was, I don't have anything but pride and respect for the players and coaches. They are hurting ten times what we fans are. Have some empathy. DJ James has been great all year.  How do you think he feels?  We were seriously outmanned and Bama had to luck out to win.  It was a great game plan on offense and defense. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the fans who have reacted to this magnificent effort by talking about what coaches to fire.  Beyond ridiculous. It ain't always about you. 

Hope you don’t take a break. We need the positivity on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I stand with this....I just want to add on it ALL the players. Shouldn't be picking and choosing from year to year show some empathy to all the guys or none but the flipping back and forth is crazy.

TThat's just my opinion

• Like 1