Today's message

LPTiger

It’s just a game at the end of the day. None of our lives depend on it. This is a hobby for 100% of us. Don’t really like tying spiritual matters into entertainment. The sun will still rise regardless of our faith in this staff or not. Hugh still gets paid whether he is successful or fired. Let’s hope he takes this opportunity to be the best coach at this level because I can truly see this being the last time he gets an opportunity at this level if he fails. 

• Like 4

Just now, DAG said:

It’s just a game at the end of the day. None of our lives depend on it. This is a hobby for 100% of us. Don’t really like tying spiritual matters into entertainment. The sun will still rise regardless of our faith in this staff or not. Hugh still gets paid whether he is successful or fired. Let’s hope he takes this opportunity to be the best coach at this level because I can truly see this being the last time he gets an opportunity at this level if he fails. 

Bro.....come at you in one thread then turn into Moses in another.....I don't even know what to do with that 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Bro.....come at you in one thread then turn into Moses in another.....I don't even know what to do with that 😂

Turn the other cheek, cole

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What did I miss? lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

What did I miss? lol

Bro dude used the acronym cpfd and I was like whose that? He pretty much belittled me for not knowing it. Oh and said dye would kick my ass no questions asked. Go to that PT thread and read it. It will make you laugh I'm sure

Just now, cole256 said:

Bro dude used the acronym cpfd and I was like whose that? He pretty much belittled me for not knowing it. Oh and said dye would kick my ass no questions asked. Go to that PT thread and read it. It will make you laugh I'm sure

Wow... I am glad Dye means a lot to some people around here but people need to also be open to age gap. I know very little about Dye and he has no true impact on my life even as an Auburn fan. 

Just now, DAG said:

Wow... I am glad Dye means a lot to some people around here but people need to also be open to age gap. I know very little about Dye and he has no true impact on my life even as an Auburn fan. 

I really didn't think it was expected to know his middle name.....that's wild

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So you apologize? Since you're being holy right now?

Cole, I'm a sinner, but I'm trying to be better.   If my post hurt your feelings, I'm sorry.  Go to APTV.org and watch "Mighty."  You will enjoy it.   I promise.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Cole, I'm a sinner, but I'm trying to be better.   If my post hurt your feelings, I'm sorry.  Go to APTV.org and watch "Mighty."  You will enjoy it.   I promise.

Nah nothing to do with feelings, it's just when I turned out to be right you disappeared....I feel like if you can be there when it looks like I'm wrong be there when it turns out I'm right. You weren't around when I was or at least I don't remember you but I promise you if it's a debate to be had it will be a debate and I know what I'm talking about

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

it's just when I turned out to be right you disappeared....I

You turned out to be right that you didn't know "CPFD" was Coach Dye?  That is confusing.

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

You turned out to be right that you didn't know "CPFD" was Coach Dye?  That is confusing.

No I was right about the USC stuff as Cox didn't play in that game. But actually yeah I was right that I didn't know the cpfd stuff. You made that like that was some necessity or something....a bunch of people wouldn't know or care about that. And the ass whipping stuff, you were so offbase on that....unless dye is some mma fighter that nobody knew about

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

That good,  huh?

I couldn't find a picture of the actual Titanic sinking...

• Haha 1

Just got back from Verizon buying a new phone. Looking up ways to repair sheet rock and hardwood flooring as well after last night .still angry . Hell I’m still mad about Roberts not covering bowers. This season was exhausting and I am very glad it’s over. 

• Like 2

Just now, WillMunny said:

I couldn't find a picture of the actual Titanic sinking...

Yeah, I can't wait to get to work tomorrow and encounter all my Bammer Co workers. I guess I will reach down in my bag and pull out the ol " Yall just beat a 6-6 team on a hail mary". Congrats. Using that gets old

• Like 2

My worst days as an AU football fan all relate to breakdowns in the secondary, whether by coaches or players.

- Yesterday

- 2021 Iron Bowl

- 2013 BCS loss

- Some game against LSU many years ago.  Pat Dye was still coaching, and we dominated defensively all game long.  We led 6-0 when LSU got the ball for the last drive.  They scored on a TD pass as time expired for the win.

Edited by WillMunny

Just now, cole256 said:

And the ass whipping stuff, you were so offbase on that....unless dye is some mma fighter that nobody knew about

Cole, here is your issue, on the one hand you self-profess (btw self-professions carry little weight) that you are all knowing i.e. just a few posts above "I know what I am talking about" yet you know so little about Auburn -- at least with respect to her history.   You are so misinformed when you say a bunch of people don't care about Coach Dye.  CPFD isn't just some former coach at Auburn like CJWH (btw, that is John William Heisman - the one the trophy is named after -- yeah he coached at Auburn).  CPFD is either the first or second most important coach to coach at Auburn.   Our football field is named after him.   Yet, you don't even recognize his initials or know anything about him.   And, you repeatedly refer to him simply as "dye" instead of Coach Dye as his contributions to Auburn deserves.   He wasn't an MMA fighter, but he was a 2 time all-American defensive lineman at UGA.   He was country boy strong and tough.   And, you were apparently a basketball player somewhere.   So, yeah I like Coach in a fight.    You would too if you knew him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Just got back from Verizon buying a new phone. Looking up ways to repair sheet rock and hardwood flooring as well after last night .still angry . Hell I’m still mad about Roberts not covering bowers. This season was exhausting and I am very glad it’s over. 

We still got a game to go.   Maybe you should have purchased 2 phones and saved yourself a trip.   Fire up that new grill.   We are going to be just fine come signing day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Honestly I was a much bigger mess after nmsu (still grumpy about it).  I was expecting a total curb stomping yesterday so I  was playing with emotional house money.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

- Some game against LSU many years ago.  Pat Dye was still coaching, and we dominated defensively all game long.  We led 6-0 when LSU got the ball for the last drive.  They scored on a TD pass as time expired for the win.

1988.   My first year in law school in Tuscaloosa.   I was at the Alabama game (pulling for whoever they were playing against) and their stadium went nuts when we lost.