Which Former Coach(es) Would You Take Back?

CameronCrazy

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Tuberville as OC

Gus as WR coach

Harsin as off-field coach. Recruiting only

That's awesome a perfect storm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Tator Tot was a GREAT gameday coach before his burnout, but his recruiting is horrific.

Do people think it is easy to recruit for a team on probation?

6 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Do people think it is easy to recruit for a team on probation?

Do people remember Terry Bowden counted on signing individual players with NO backup plan if they didnt commit to Auburn? It was like Gus approach to OL recruiting but for all positions.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, CameronCrazy said:

With Dameyune Craig back on the market, which former coaches would you take back over the current coaches that we have on staff? 

For me, it’s primarily defensive coaches. I don’t know how good or bad our coaches really are because of the level of talent that they were working with this year? 

FWIW - I would NOT take back Dameyune Craig. He’s only good for recruiting and Marcus Davis seems to be handling that quite well. 

Defensive Coordinator 

Will Muschamp

Kevin Steele

DL 
Rodney Garner

LB 

Travis Williams

I thought about Steele for a second, but there is no way that Hugh Freeze will hire Kevin Steele.  He knows the back story on the coup and insurrection (for lack of better descriptions).  Will is worth the price of admission and is one hell of a recruiter.

Hugh needs to make Craig an offer ASAP and bring him in as a recruiter.  He is one of the best we have ever had at that and he would own the Mobile area.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

Hugh needs to make Craig an offer ASAP and bring him in as a recruiter.  He is one of the best we have ever had at that and he would own the Mobile area.

Who recruits Mobile for us now?

On 11/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, CameronCrazy said:

With Dameyune Craig back on the market, which former coaches would you take back over the current coaches that we have on staff? 

For me, it’s primarily defensive coaches. I don’t know how good or bad our coaches really are because of the level of talent that they were working with this year? 

FWIW - I would NOT take back Dameyune Craig. He’s only good for recruiting and Marcus Davis seems to be handling that quite well. 

Defensive Coordinator 

Will Muschamp

Kevin Steele

DL 
Rodney Garner

LB 

Travis Williams

I wouldn’t take WM back. He jumps ship too often. I would say RG and TW from this list. 

On 11/30/2023 at 6:24 PM, AUTigers910 said:

Or Gus for OL

16 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Maybe put Gus and JB Grimes as OL recruiters

I went back and forth about it, then remembered a funny post on here from waaay way back.

Prolly not even true but a dude claiming to be close to the program constantly posting about how much Gus cared about WR blocking and how he gave absolutely no F's about anything else with the position.

Always thought it was hilarious, thinking of Gus turning down a future Randy Moss type cause he wasn't a strong blocker.