Which Former Coach(es) Would You Take Back?

CameronCrazy

Just now, DAG said:

I think he pretty much how to forego any legal action on the future or something to that extent. A lot of litigation. To me it’s a way to get Sam out and Bobby back as HC. 

Definitely could be!!

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Let’s get Rick Trickett back. Decent o line coach but nobody can out cuss him. 

Hummm... cough, cough, Gene Lorendo I think maybe could.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No Pat Dye or Heisman??

Well for starters, I wasn't the person who said Terry Price. Bird was. Second, I was concerned with position coaches and not Head coaches. I stand by my choices. 

Is the question, “who would you bring back to replace the current guy?” Or is the question, “assuming all the current coaches just vanished in thin air, who would you hire back?”

There’s some folks I hated that we lost that I liked as coaches. But not all of them are people I’d consider upgrades from the current coaches. 

20 hours ago, DAG said:

Well Arkansas just re-hired Petrino (desperate) so this is a relevant topic as ever. 

Has any employer in the history of the world ever re-hired someone they previously fired for dishonesty/lying?   Desperate and unheard of.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes , also was fired for cause so Arkansas board basically had to vote to override a precedent they set. Desperate times indeed. 

Winning is more important than character.

These institutions should not be desperate for anything related to football.  The real question is,,, where does the money really go?

• Sad 1

rumor on facebook is pee wee herman will be our new wide out coach.

36 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Best look at stats since. Best time was at UNA.

Yeah and had some winning years at Akron. Not sure how many coaches who coached during the time he coached at Auburn is still doing good, other than Nick Saban.

On 11/28/2023 at 3:49 PM, CameronCrazy said:

With Dameyune Craig back on the market, which former coaches would you take back over the current coaches that we have on staff? 

For me, it’s primarily defensive coaches. I don’t know how good or bad our coaches really are because of the level of talent that they were working with this year? 

FWIW - I would NOT take back Dameyune Craig. He’s only good for recruiting and Marcus Davis seems to be handling that quite well. 

Defensive Coordinator 

Will Muschamp

Kevin Steele

DL 
Rodney Garner

LB 

Travis Williams

Paul Davis (Special Teams), Wayne Hall (Coordinator), Pete Jenkins (DL), Reggie Herring (LB), Pat Sullivan (QB Coach). I just looked up Herring he is back to coaching linebackers in the NFL! He was a great linebacker coach at Auburn. https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/inside-practice-reggie-herring-wired-for-sound-17155985

Edited by Auburn93

9 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Has any employer in the history of the world ever re-hired someone they previously fired for dishonesty/lying?   Desperate and unheard of.

And when Pittman is fired, he may just become head coach again. 

On 11/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, LPTiger said:

HR forgot to check "not eligible for rehire."

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 4:46 PM, sevenlee36 said:

Terry Bowden in a non probation period

Tator Tot was a GREAT gameday coach before his burnout, but his recruiting is horrific.

• Like 2