SEC Shorts FSU gets hosed

aubiefifty

10 hours ago, fishepa said:

Hopefully the fed gov has something better to do with their time.

The politicians love dealing in this type mess.   Remember how they got involved in MLB players taking performance enhancing drugs.  They have friends that are major donors of these schools. Then there’s the sports betting side. 

We have to take off those orange tinted glasses and be objective about the subjectiveness of the decision. But I agree the best four got in (except maybe Georgia should have got in). I think we should expand to six teams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

We have to take off those orange tinted glasses and be objective about the subjectiveness of the decision. But I agree the best four got in (except maybe Georgia should have got in). I think we should expand to six teams.

8 would have been perfect from the beginning. 5 power 5 conference champs, the best of group of 5, then 2 at large

• Like 1

I still don’t understand how folks are siding with the committee’s decision. n undefeated power 5 conference champion is left out. And they aren’t left out over concerns about schedule strength or number of quality wins. They are left out because the committee decided their subjective guess about who will win was more important than play on the field. 

Again, they held out FSU not because of how hey played or who they played. They left them out because they assumed FSU couldn’t find a way to win games with a back up QB. As someone pointed out to me another board, they didn’t do this to Ohio State  a few years ago when they lost their QB. And that was the year Ohio State ended up winning the playoff. 

They left FSU out on a guess rather than basing it on their performance. Regardless of how good you think FSU is, that’s so wrong on so many levels.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 4

As for the folks saying UGA should get in… there were two teams with the same records that were also conference champions. UGA wasn’t. Subjectively, you may think they are better than some of the teams above them. But point to an objective indicator from this season that shows they are more deserving than the other teams. 

2 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Again IMHO they basically became prognosticators when they said that was not what it was about. The whole issue with the backup qb thing is lame, they were putting bama in even before FSU had even played. FSU would have had the whole month to practice with the backup quarterback so to say that bama is better is laughable, they barely beat us and arkansas...but ya know they are better, lmao. IMHO the SEC was not that strong this year, in face ACC had a better record against the SEC. The have a dang good defense so IMHO this was all about ESPN and the benjamins,  they should have just said it was a business decision and left at that...power 5 going undefeated and got left out, boo hoo SEC wasn't going to have anyone going, espn having a melt down.

Exactly. 

IMHO it should have been Free Shoes & Texas... if a 11-1 Auburn had beaten Jaw-jaw do you think we would have been in?  Naw they would have jumped Texas... Jaw-jah above us.. seen it before.  Was the main reason I hated the expanded play-off, anything to get the Turds in...whiney dinky-do he should n't have to whine...but , but we the turds...LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the decision was wrong to leave Free Shoes U out, but I like to see them upset!😁 Once again bammer backs in due to politics. I don’t want anyone to get hurt, but karma would be Milroe going down and bammer losing to Michigan!

You know who's pissed that Bama got in---Michigan. Almost makes it worth it. Could have solved a lot of problems by making Michigan forfeit the games they cheated in.  Unfortunately I'm stuck rooting for the cheaters because, well, you just can't root for Bama under any circumstance.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I think the decision was wrong to leave Free Shoes U out, but I like to see them upset!😁 Once again bammer backs in due to politics. I don’t want anyone to get hurt, but karma would be Milroe going down and bammer losing to Michigan!

See and there we have the problem with them letting bama in, I have no love loss with either team, now I am conflicted as to who to pull for. I can't stand Harbaugh, the laughable part is they should have never been in the conversation either, just call them cheatU. Stealing signs and I sure there is a lot more to it and oh and just sit the coach for 3 games, smdh.

10 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

See and there we have the problem with them letting bama in, I have no love loss with either team, now I am conflicted as to who to pull for. I can't stand Harbaugh, the laughable part is they should have never been in the conversation either, just call them cheatU. Stealing signs and I sure there is a lot more to it and oh and just sit the coach for 3 games, smdh.

Main reason I like Bama being in is that they will beat Michigan.  I despise the Big 10, Michigan in particular, and Harbaugh especially.  Only time in my life I'll be pulling for Bama.

8 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Agreed on Michigan, they should have never been in the conversation anyway. A good point was made on SEC This Morning, yesterday...it was that when your own conference is forced to penalize you, then you must have done something really bad. The conf head offices typically defer to the NCAA for sanctioning. So for the B1G to get involved mid-season, Michigan messed up bad enough to where they shouldnt have been in the playoff discussion.

I still believe the conference championships have to matter. Removing Michigan would have made it a bit easier, but still possibly leaving out a better team. i.e. Say it was Wash, Ala, Tx, and FSU...one could argue UGA was/is better than FSU. You could argue Ore is better than FSU... It really is a no win situation.

40 years ago, I had a shirt that read "My two favorite teams are Auburn and whomever is playing Alabama".  That still holds true.  Michigan deserves to get punished -- by the NCAA.  But that is a completely separate matter from what should happen in the playoffs.  I hope Michigan finds a way to curb stomp Alabama.

4 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Main reason I like Bama being in is that they will beat Michigan.  I despise the Big 10, Michigan in particular, and Harbaugh especially.  Only time in my life I'll be pulling for Bama.

I’m not sure Bama will win that one. Still can’t pull for Bama.

• Like 1

I hate the way Bama got in but I hate Michigan's coach. I am also one of those people who want a 16 team playoff like the other divisions in college football. If we had a 16 team playoff, Bama and FSU would be in along with the other best programs. Play it on the field and decide it! Screw the bowls! I mean, do people really watch the potato bowl?????????

If the committee talked until 2 in the morning,  it was to agree on an alibi.

All concerned said,  "Mich vs FSU?  Bleh.  Mich vs Bama?  The sign-stealin' cheater vs Darth Vader?  RATINGS GOLD!"

• 2 weeks later...