Saban says cell number leaked, gets hundreds of hate calls

aubiefifty

al.com

Nick Saban says cell number leaked, gets hundreds of hate calls after Alabama’s CFP berth

Published: Dec. 04, 2023, 7:20 a.m.

~3 minutes

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart, left, and Alabama head coach Nick Saban, right, walk after the Southeastern Conference championship NCAA college football game in Atlanta, Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson)AP

Nick Saban on Sunday said his cell phone number was leaked, leading to hundreds of calls from anonymous callers upset over Alabama’s College Football Playoff berth.

Rivals.com, which obtained a video of the comments, reports the Alabama coach told his players of the leak during the team’s awards banquet.

“I’ve had probably over 250 anonymous callers today, calling me every name in the book, talking about how we shouldn’t be in the playoff,” Saban said, per the report. “So we still have naysayers out there. We still have players who don’t believe in us.”

RELATED: Get your Alabama gear and gifts here

On Sunday, the CFP committee named the Tide the No. 4 seed after Alabama defeated then-No. 1 Georgia 27-24 for the SEC championship Saturday night. The college football-watching world debated much of Sunday after undefeated ACC champ Florida State was left out of the playoff.

“Most of these people are from Florida,” Saban said, per the report. “I don’t know how in the hell they got my number, but it is out there.”

Alabama’s senior U.S. Senator weighed in on the report.

“Doxxing and haters that you don’t represent? Sounds familiar,” Sen. Tommy Tuberville tweeted.

No. 4 Alabama (12-1) faces No. 1 Michigan (13-0) in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1. The Wolverines didn’t appear to be thrilled with being matched up with the Tide. Still, Michigan’s Blake Corum re-iterated the Wolverines are the top dogs, though.

Get your tickets for the Rose Bowl here.

Mark Heim is a reporter for The Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Heim. He can be heard on “The Opening Kickoff” on WNSP-FM 105.5 FM in Mobile or on the free Sound of Mobile App from 6 to 9 a.m. daily.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

So we still have naysayers out there. We still have players who don’t believe in us.”

I doubt it was that many calls but he’ll use this as a means to further motivate his team. Wouldn’t surprise me if they win it all. 🙄

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

I doubt it was that many calls but he’ll use this as a means to further motivate his team. Wouldn’t surprise me if they win it all. 🙄

Saban using that "rat poison" for his own benefit... wise move

• Like 1