9 hours ago, gr82be said:

See cbo’s post above. 

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

See cbo’s post above. 

Our only non con opponents schedules are 

Cal (Sept.7)

New Mexico (Sept. 14)

ULM (Nov.16)

we need a fourth somewhere unless we are going to have a bye week on august 31 or open up against an SEC opponent 

some are saying Oklahoma is a possibility for August 31 only problem with that is they open the 2024 season agsainst temple on august 31

5 minutes ago, TheNun said:

Our only non con opponents schedules are 

Cal (Sept.7)

New Mexico (Sept. 14)

ULM (Nov.16)

we need a fourth somewhere unless we are going to have a bye week on august 31 or open up against an SEC opponent 

some are saying Oklahoma is a possibility for August 31 only problem with that is they open the 2024 season agsainst temple on august 31

My mistake on ULM. I thought they were our 4th OOC. Thanks for correcting me. 

17 hours ago, DAG said:

Honestly just based on the roster prediction . It would not surprise me if we go 6-6 or 7-5 again. 

I think the roster will better by the time we hit August but I agree Auburn is still a full cycle away from being close to a 9-10 win type roster.  That being said I think the product on the field will look better in year 2 even if the record doesn’t show it.  

17 hours ago, DAG said:

Honestly just based on the roster prediction . It would not surprise me if we go 6-6 or 7-5 again. 

So many moving variables.

Will we have a good QB?

Will our young WRs contribute quickly or will we do a better job evaluating portal WRs who can contribute?

Will we have any SEC Level offensive tackles on our roster?

Will we have any SEC level DTs on our roster?

Will Hugh Freeze take over the offense or just take credit during weeks we aren't terrible?

Those are massive TBDs right now.  I think 9 wins is our ceiling and that's being pretty generous.  I think vegas sets or o/u at 7 wins.  I feel like that is where we land.  7-5.  Hopes of 8-4.  

Auto losses to Bama & UGA.  Probably going to lose at least one at Kentucky or at Mizzou or Oklahoma.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So many moving variables.

Will we have a good QB?

Will our young WRs contribute quickly or will we do a better job evaluating portal WRs who can contribute?

Will we have any SEC Level offensive tackles on our roster?

Will we have any SEC level DTs on our roster?

Will Hugh Freeze take over the offense or just take credit during weeks we aren't terrible?

Those are massive TBDs right now.  I think 9 wins is our ceiling and that's being pretty generous.  I think vegas sets or o/u at 7 wins.  I feel like that is where we land.  7-5.  Hopes of 8-4.  

Auto losses to Bama & UGA.  Probably going to lose at least one at Kentucky or at Mizzou or Oklahoma.

My stance has been a one (reg season) game improvement next year, MAYBE two. Take the three cupcakes (year 2 improvements and all), Vandy, Cal, Arky, and one of Kentucky or A&M. Sux that Missouri came out of nowhere.

Edited by AUwent

2hrs?!  I stand by my original statement that the SEC and ESPN need to calm down.  This should be pregame before the Auburn bball game not the main course.

• Like 2

8/31--ALABAMA A&M

9/7--CALIFORNIA-BERKELEY

9/14--NEW MEXICO

9/21--ARKANSAS

9/28--OKLAHOMA

10/5--Georgia

10/19--Missouri

10/26--Kentucky

11/2--VANDERBILT

11/16--LOUISIANA-MONROE

11/23--TEXAS A&M

11/30--Alabama

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 3

Just now, woodford said:

Can’t even remember the last time LSU played at South Carolina lol

Was going to be 2015 but flooding screwed that up.

Aug. 31: Alabama A&M

Sep. 7: Cal

Sep. 14: New Mexico

Sep. 21: Arkansas

Sep. 28: Oklahoma

Oct. 5: at Georgia

Oct. 12: BYE

Oct. 19: at Missouri

Oct. 26: at Kentucky

Nov. 2: Vanderbilt

Nov. 9: BYE

Nov. 16: UL Monroe

Nov. 23: Texas A&M

Nov. 30 at Alabama

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

8/31--ALABAMA A&M W

9/7--CALIFORNIA-BERKELEY W

9/14--NEW MEXICO W

9/21--ARKANSAS W

9/28--OKLAHOMA L

10/5--Georgia L

10/19--Missouri L

10/26--Kentucky L

11/2--VANDERBILT W

11/16--LOUISIANA-MONROE W

11/23--TEXAS A&M L

11/30--Alabama L

6-6 as of today

Toss ups - Mizzou, Kentucky, Texas A&M

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

6-6 as of today

Toss ups - Mizzou, Kentucky, Texas A&M

A&M will be interesting. But first year coach and they lost a lot....but still have talent 

I'd say poor Billy, but feeling some schadenfreude. Him, BV and MC accepting other jobs a year after turning us down was one fo my very lowest moments as a fan.

8/31--MIAMI

9/7--SAMFORD

9/14--TEXAS A&M

9/21--Mississippi State

10/5--CENTRAL FLORIDA

10/12--Tennessee

10/19--KENTUCKY

11/2--Georgia (Jacksonville, FL)

11/9--Texas

11/16--LOUISIANA STATE

11/23--MISSISSIPPI

11/30--Florida State

We have that tough stretch of Oklahoma/Georgia/Mizzou but aside from that this schedule is definitely not the worst.  

Florida’s schedule would make me cry as a UF fan.  Brutal.  

• Like 2

Just now, AEAugirl said:

We have that tough stretch of Oklahoma/Georgia/Mizzou but aside from that this schedule is definitely not the worst.  

Strickin is going to get fired for scheduling UCF and Miami alone. My goodness.

Edited by AUwent

We also have that nice bye week just before the last three games.  Playing Texas A&M at home right before Bama is no worse than Amen’s Corner and we did that for years and years.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Playing Texas A&M at home right before Bama is no worse than Amen’s Corner

That's much easier 

8 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

It may be just me, but I don't think that stretch will be as bad for us as many might think.  Oklahoma is a home game and with a new QB (may or may not be that hard ??).  Georgia, for sure at their place....I agree with this one.  Mizzouri.....I am just not sold yet on them.  Yes, they had a good year this past season, but I need to see several in a row before I become a believer.  The game is at Mizzou, so that will make it tough.  I would categorize this one aa a toss up at this point with where we are as a football team now.   I will agree that FL's 2024 will be Napier's undoing. 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

It may be just me, but I don't think that stretch will be as bad for us as many might think.  Oklahoma is a home game and with a new QB (may or may not be that hard ??).  Georgia, for sure at their place....I agree with this one.  Mizzouri.....I am just not sold yet on them.  Yes, they had a good year this past season, but I need to see several in a row before I become a believer.  The game is at Mizzou, so that will make it tough.  I would categorize this one aa a toss up at this point with where we are as a football team now.   I will agree that FL's 2024 will be Napier's undoing. 😁

They have a lot of their team coming back. Will have a top tier QB and one of if not yhe best WR in the SEC. Just got a really good RB too in the portal. 

They should be good next year and we'll be a 7-10pt dog vs them before the season